Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#10

''I feel like singing.'' Mirabelle teased, sitting in front of Adrian in the great hall.

Marcus's eyes widened from beside her. ''Oh god, please no.'' He playfully joked, laughing as she smacked his arm.

They finished their breakfast and headed outside of the castle.

''I want a man that can protect me!'' Mirabelle smiled over her shoulder, skipping a few feet ahead of them, of course she was playing around.

''I can protect you!'' At least three boys in her year walking by shouted, gaining a roll of her eyes and a small smile.

''That's okay. I got Adrian and Marcus.'' She smirked in their direction, teasing was her favorite thing to do.

''You've got to stop teasing the poor boys, nearly every guy I know is completely in love with you.'' Adrian laughed.

''There's no such thing as love. So, they just think I'm sexy!'' She teased, laughing at herself.

Marcus smiled, shaking his head.

*

''Is it Wednesday yet?'' Mirabelle asked, lifting her head from the wooden table.

Adrian rolled his eyes, a smile playing on his lips. ''No, go back to sleep maybe then it will be.''

She stuck out her tongue, sighing quietly.

''Quidditch practice today!'' Marcus smiled brightly, sitting next to Mirabelle.

''But I thought Gryffindor had the pitch today.'' She spoke, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

''Since we have a new seeker, Snape gave us permission to train him.'' Marcus said, taking a bit of his toast.

''Oh, yeah Malfoy''' Mirabelle sighed. ''Malfoy sucks! but at least we got new brooms.'' Adrian added.

''Yeah, we'll be faster.''

*

The Slytherin team dressed in their Quidditch gear and robes and headed toward the pitch, but was held back when Oliver Wood spotted them.

''What do you think you're doing, Flint?'' He asked Marcus, the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team standing behind him.

''Quidditch practice!'' Marcus said, throwing his arms up a bit.

''But I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today.''

''Easy Wood, I've got a note.'' Marcus handed Oliver the letter Professor Snape wrote himself.

He read the letter out loud. ''I, Professor Severus Snape do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new seeker.'' You've got a new seeker? Who?'' He asked, trying not to look in Mirabelle's direction.

Marcus and Adrian moved aside, revealing a smirking Malfoy.

Harry held back a laugh. ''Malfoy?''

By this time the ever so nosy Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley made their way over, inviting themselves into the conversation.

Draco smirked. ''That's right. And that's not all that's new this year.'' He drew attention to his Nimbus 2001, which he held with pride and a smug smile.

''Those are Nimbus 2001's!'' Leave it to the ginger to state the obvious. ''How did you get those?''

''A gift from Draco's Father.'' Marcus smirked.

Malfoy smiled cockily. ''You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best.''

Hermione stepped up. ''At least no one of the Gryffinor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent.'' She smirked a smirk of her own.

As much as Mirabelle hated people, she couldn't deny that that was a good one, she even smiled a little.

Draco glared, stepping closer to her. ''No one asked your opinion, you filthy little muddblood.''

Ron pulled out his wand, and gave him a look of pure anger. ''You'll pay for that one Malfoy! Eat slugs!'' He shouted, but instead of Draco spitting up slimy slugs, Weasley flew backward with excessive force.

Mirabelle held in a laugh, even if she liked someone, she simply couldn't not laugh when they fell.

The Gryffindor team, plus Hermione rushed to his aid, while the Slytherin's laughter filled the chilly evening air.

''Man, I miss hexing people.'' Mirabelle sighed, giving Marcus and Adrian something else to laugh about.

Harry and Hermione threw Ron's arms over their shoulders before they trudged off in a random direction, but not forgetting to 'accidentally' bump Malfoy on their way past.

Marcus briefly rose his dark thick eyebrows at Wood, before continuing on their way.