Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#15

Mirabelle entered the open doors of the great hall, her robe trailing behind her gracefully.

She hated being late, she hated how everyone turned to watch her, although she does love her sleep.

She successfully avoided the eyes of all who sat at their respective breakfast tables, taking a seat next to Adrian as he moved his overstuffed bag, clearing the spot beside him so she could sit down.

''You're quiet.'' Marcus observed, his thick dark brows knitting together slightly.

She shrugged, biting into a slice of toast. ''I told him.'' She whispered, covering her mouth with her dainty pale hand as she suspiciously glanced around.

Marcus laughed. ''Is it strange not knowing now that he knows?''

''A bit.'' She smiled lightly.

Adrian spoke up from beside her, his mouth filled with eggs. ''Well, we have Quidditch practice today.'' He hoped to ease her mind, her silence was just odd.

Mirabelle smiled wildly. ''I nearly forgotten!''

Marcus teasingly gasped. ''How could you?'' Slapping his hand over his heart.

She giggled softly, shaking her head.

''Terribly sorry, kind sir! Perhaps a kiss could mend your broken heart?'' She teased, failing to hide her smile.

Marcus playfully thought, smiling brightly as he spoke: ''I suppose it'll do.''

She leaned over the table, kissing her cheek briefly.

''What about me?!'' Adrian whined jokingly.

Mirabelle peeked over at him. ''Nah.''

Adrian winced in imaginary pain, whispering a pained: ''I ache.''

She smiled, ruffling his dark hair playfully, placing a friendly quick kiss on his cheek.

He smiled widely, smugly sticking his tongue out at a group of Slytherin boys.

Mirabelle shook her head, slapping his arm gently.
*

''Quidditch! Quidditch!'' Mirabelle chanted, marching around Marcus and Adrian as they
slapped on their gear.

Marcus rolled his eyes lightly. ''You really don't have a life, do you?'' He sighed, smiling lightly.

''No, I really don't.'' She admitted, smiling softly as she atlas came to a stop.

''Alright!'' Marcus clapped his gloved hands together, standing up straight. ''Everybody ready?''

As if answering Marcus' question, Miles tripped over his own pants as he struggled to pulled them on and keep in balance.

Mirabelle burst into laughter, much like the rest of Slytherin's team and then they were off, practing for their next match against hufflepuff although they didn't feel they needed it.

*

Marcus and Adrian headed for the boys showers, leaving Mirabelle to walk alone and in the opposite direction for the girls lavatory.

Her dark hair was in spirals of messy curls and her breathing was still heavy as she attempted to quickly walk, she was in far too much pain.

Someone turned the corner just as she was passing it but she noticed before they could smack into each other, she didn't need more pain.

Mirabelle's eyes widened as she held a hand over her heart, she looked up at said person.

''God, Wood! You scared me.'' She breathed, still breathless from practice.

He swallowed hard, opening his mouth to speak, although nothing came out.

Her brows knit together as she looked up at him questioningly. ''Wow, Wood, you look like a fish.'' She pushed his jaw up lightly, continuing on her way to the showers.

Oliver shivered unintentionally, shaking his head as he attempted to keep walking.

*

After Mirabelle's long and much needed shower, she casually walked to through the hall, in no rush at all, that is until she remembered.

She hastily walked down to the dungeon's, entering her house door as she checked for a letter.

There it was, that mysterious brown owl.

Mirabelle took the letter, petting the owl softly and briefly.

Dear Mirabelle

Really? I never would have imagined. I just seen you today!

She smiled nervously, knowing that drove her mad!

Don't taunt me with your identity!

She drew a silly smiley face, giggling at just how pathetic it was.

Mirabelle holded the letter, giving it to the owl once again.

She sighed, plopping down on the black leather sofa, all she need was a long warm bath and the quiet of the Slytherin common room.