Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#18

As punishment for Mirabelle and Adrian's little tackle the other day, Dumbledor decided it would be great for Mirabelle to assist Madam Pomfrey in the hospital wing in her time of detention.

Himself, Professor McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey all agreed that would do well, considering how unapologetically apathetic she is.

Adrian was sent to the kitchens to help the house elves clean up, his distrust and prejudice against them made that an obvious decision for the headmaster.

He was attempting to 'teach them a lesson'.

Mirabelle dreaded the time class would end, there isn't much more she hates than whiny injured people.

It was a regrettable friday, meaning Mirabelle had the misfortune of having to head to Transfiguration, that and it being morning did not help her gloom mood.

She was slightly excited about Ravenclaw and Gryffindor's match later today, and although she liked neither teams, Quidditch is Quidditch.

''Mirabelle!'' A famillair voice pulled her from her thoughts, she glanced up and down a only slightly crowded corridor.

She rose a brow questioningly, meeting her raven haired friend, Adrian, halfway.

''Can you believe they want me to help the house elves in the castle kitchens?!''
He angrily asked, his lips in a semi-permanent scowl.

Mirabelle shook her head. ''And me in the hospital wing?! They're bloody mad!'' She frowned as they began to walk down said corridor.

Marcus laughed mock evilly behind them, causing them to turn in his direction. ''That's what you get for being violent!'' He mocked, pointing an accusing strict finger at the two.

Mirabelle rolled her eyes lightly, walking with now two of her friends.

''Transfigurations.'' She sneered as they walked her to the door, she took a deep breath, waved goodbye and reluctantly entered the large wooden door.

Fortunately for her, she was not late, 5 minutes early, in fact.

Sighing, she took a seat, stubbornly crossing her arms over her chest. She was 'unusually' grumpy this morning.

She opened the book in front of her, a large clown themed face jumping up at her from the old big book.

Mirabelle clenched her jaw, taking a calming breath, she knew exactly who it was.

Swiftly she turned in the direction of two identical ginger heads, fearlessly pulling out her wand, those 'calming' breathes did no good.

''Fodio!'' Suddenly a burst of white light engolfed the room and once it went out Fred and George Weasley's faces were red and puffy.

They scratched with such violence, which only made it worse.

She smiled, satisfied, sitting back down.

They hissed and groaned in pain, rushing out of the room, no doubt to Madam Pomfrey for a remedy.

Mirabelle laughed lightly, shaking her head. Never mess with her.

Her fellow classmates being to fill in a few lonseome moments later, and soon McGonagall would arrive.

She was growing bored already, and class had not even began.

Atlas Mcgonagall briskly waltzed into her classroom, her glasses on the tip of her long nose.
Her dark hair tied so tightly onto her head that when she would move, it would not.

''Okay class, settle down.'' She warned.

Adding a much nicer: ''As you all know, we've been practicing animagus transformation.
Well, some of you have progressed rather well, others not so much. It is a rare ability, I do not exspect you all to be an animagus at will and without incantation, so you've all learned all that you needed to learn and we will be moving on, I do encourage those of you with the ability to keep practicing, I would be more than willing to help with that.''

She informed, passing a pop quiz around the classroom, although not everyone got one.

''Today will be the last day I help you practice during class, for those of you who are not progressing in human transfigurations, I give you this pop test as a recap of your lessons in it.''

She walked back to the front of the classroom. ''Mirabelle Morde and Robert Keates.'' She called them to the front.

''It is very rare to be a successful animagus.'' She praised the two quietly, smiled kindly.

There were only seven registered animaguss' in the twentieth century.

They smiled slightly in response, the Gryffindor boy and the Slytherin girl was encouraged to register by their proud professor, they were able to transfigure without a wand or incantation.

That was a positive outcome for Mirabelle and she decided, temporarily at least, that Transfigurations wasn't all bad.

As an animamus usually took a strong pyschical attribute from their human form, Mirabelle could transform into a black cat, her long dark hair and shocking green eyes being that part of her.

The boy's animagus was a bird and it appeared to be wearing specticles, his large glasses being his strong trait that the animagus form of him took.

Class let out, much to Mirabelle's regret, her new found love for the class had her yearning for more.