Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#22

Are you excited about today's match?

The answer to that question was obvious, to anyone who knows Mirabelle anyway.

Of course! Ravenclaw doesn't stand a chance. I just hope I don't get knocked out, it's really quite unpleasant, although you already know that, huh?

I do. I've had my fair share of unconciousness, mostly by your hand.

Quidditch is Quidditch. What can I say?

She drew a silly smiley face, laughing at just how pathetic it looked.

*

''As you all should know, next year I will only be teaching those worth my time.'' Snape informed.

''What ingredient could relieve the pain caused by the stinging hex?'' Professor Snape asked of his students, unenthused.

Mirabelle raised her hand, Potions was one of the many classes she enjoyed especially.

''Ms. Morde.'' Snape pointed slightly.

''Aconite, also known as Wolfsbane or Monkshood.'' She replied casually, elbowing Marcus subtly when he called her, in a hushed tone; ''Teachers pet.''

''That's correct. 10 points for Slytherin.''

She smiled lightly as she heard the Weasley twins quietly speak to each other; ''We could have done with that information about a week ago.'' Causing her to remember the trio's little incident in Transfiguarions.

''Today we're going to make the antidote for lycanthropy which agonite or Wolfsbane is the main ingredient in, its called; Wolfsbane potion.''

''Professor Dumbledor thought it would be a great idea for Slytherin and Gryffindor to attempt to associate with one another civily, therefor he has asked if I would instruct you to get into groups with the oposite house. I don't have to agree but he is the Headmaster.''

''I don't want to hear it.'' He held his hands up as the classroom rang with sighs of annoyance and groans.

Mirabelle bit her lip, waving goodbye to Marcus and Adrian as they reluctantly set off to find a partner.

She was too busy getting her cauldron ready to care about who would be her partner and when she looked up there were 3 boys in front of her, smiling like madmen.

''Only one per person.'' Professor Snape shook his head at how fast someone's intelligence could go down by the simple sight of a beautiful girl.

They moaned and disbursted.

Mirabelle turned around and took the hand of the nearest partnerless boy, and gently pulled him to her.

She did not know who it was until she let his hand go.

Smiling sarcastically she shook her head and began working, it was always Wood.

His heart was stammering with such drive within his chest, he hardly knew what he was doing.

''Oh!''She took his hand in both of her own, preventing him from dropping the wolfsbane in the cauldron, her big green eyes wide.

''You can't put it in with the leaves, they're highly toxic.'' She explained, taking the blue petalled flower from his hand and plucking the leaves off, throwing them in the small garbage bin near the end of the short table they were working at.

''Oh.'' Was all he could say, he was far too busy attempting to still his raging heart beats.

''This is a complex potion, I don't expect most of you to get it right.'' Snape dully spoke from his desk in the front as he seen pink yellow and a mysterious green smoke from cauldrons.

A faint blue smoke rose from Mirabelle's cauldron, and Snape smiled, well as much as Snape can smile.

''I-Is that good?''Oliver asked, stammering like the fool he felt.

Mirabelle looked up at him, her dark eyebrows rose. ''I guess potions isn't your strong point.''

She dryly stated, dipping a vial into the cauldron and pressing a cork in the top.

''Evanesco'' She softly muttered, the potion they worked so hard to make vanished and

Mirabelle disappeared to the front to give her sample to Professor Snape.

When she came back Oliver was awkwardly standing slightly strew at the opposite end of the table.

They were the only team done and it was a good thing too, the room was filled with quiet chatter and greatly prevented an awkward silence.

After the one of the Weasley twins had finished,Olive rushed to his side, his heart was unlikely to handle her presence much longer.

Adrian was the second to finish and was partnered with Evelyn Grace, after giving his sample to Snape he joined Mirabelle.

''Im honestly waiting for an explosion from Marcus.''She informed Adrian, peeking over at her distressed and disgruntled looking friend.

Adrian laughed loudly, nodding in agreement.

*

''Come on,just get it over with!'' Marcus encouraged, sitting on the arm of the sofa in the Slytherin common room.

Mirabelle frowned, taking a deep breath and abruptly tipping the potion bottle above her mouth.

She shivered, disgusted as she set the small green bottle on the little table next to the black leather sofa.

''See? It's not that hard.'' Marcus gestured to her empty potion bottle.

Mirabelle stood up, glaring slightly down at him as he still sat on the arm.

''Let's go. It's Quidditch time!'' Her previous sour mood shifted to excitement and butterflies flew wildly in her stomach.

They at long last made it to the Quidditch dressing rooms, changing into their gear necessary to play the sport.

Mirabelle shoved her hair from her eyes and grabbed her broomstick,waiting for the boys to finish dressing.

Squaring her narrow shoulders and taking a deep breath as the stands roared with excitement.

She was unusually petite, for a beater and when she first tried out, everyone doubted she would be any good although she reminds them of just how wrong they were every match.

''At last!'' She sighed, the six pink-faced boys were done and ready to go.