Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#24

Every little noise, every little swift breeze, every time the dim candle lights flickered, Mirabelle was at risk of jumping out of her skin... or fur, I suppose.

While sneaking about the corridors after curfew is scary enough in itself, what with the threat of detention and or being expelled, it is far more easy to go undetected when you are a considerable amount smaller than usual.

Being an animagus is quite useful to a delinquent.

Softly and slowly Mirabelle would saunter down the corridor, her paws nearly tiptoeing as she did so.

meow

An oddly stern cat meowed, a tabby cat to be percise.

''Damn.'' Mirabelle thought, transforming back to her human self, she had gotten caught at last! Oh well, she thought, I've had a good run.

Professor McGonagall transformed herself, staring down Mirabelle with a strict arched brow, although... was that a tingle in her eyes? Nah... Impossible.

''Hello, Professor.'' Mirabelle sheepishly greeted, playing with the hem of her dark green pull over.

''I don't need to remind you that there is a strict curfew, am I mistaken?''

''No, sorry, Professor.'' Her gaze fell to the floor.

''In your knowledge of this, I have no choice but to give you a weeks worth of detention.'' The head of Gryffindor informed, looking at Mirabelle through her specticals.

Mirabelle nodded understandingly, although she would be ranting and raving once she were out of McGonagall's ear shot.

''Although I feel obligated, as your Transfigurations teacher, to compliment you on your progress.''

Mirabelle smiled brightly, standing a little straighter.

''But! The situation is not all clear, what were you doing strolling about the castle at night?''

''... There's this... room, that I really like, but it's far more beautiful at night.'' She explained, staring at her pale hands.

''Well, don't let me catch you out after curfew again.'' The Professor warned, rising her thin arched eyebrows and her lips in a simple line.

''It won't happen again, Professor.'' Mirabelle lied, smiling politely.

*

''Can you believe this?!'' Sighed Mirabelle, who was venting about the events of last night, unhappy she had detention yet again.

''I'm going to have to lay low for a while.'' She added.

Adrian nearly choked on his pumpkin juice, coughing alarmingly loud. ''What?!'' He shrieked, once he had relaxed the convulsing pipes in his throat. ''No more midnight snacks?'' He whined.

''I'm afraid not, my dear.'' Mirabelle patted his back lightly, miserably biting into a piece of toast.

Marcus shook his head at the scene in front of himself, taking a gulp of his pumpkin juice before attempting to lighten their moods.

''Hogsmeade.'' He rose a thick dark brow, silently encouraging them to smile.

''Merlin's bright white beard! I forgot!'' Adrian shot up from the bench, smiling wildly.

Mirabelle laughed, pulling him back down by his robes, he was beginning to attract eyes.

''How many classes are we going to be missing?'' She asked, scooping a small portion of scrambled eggs into her spoon.

Marcus smirked. ''Let's just say that heaven isn't too far away.''

*

It was one of the most loveliest times of the day for Mirabelle, break time. She happily bounced off in the direction of the dungeons, finding a letter from Agate awaiting her.

You better dress with extra clothes today, it's supposed to be very cold.

He had known already about how easily she could get cold, in fact there wasn't much he didn't know about her and vica versa.

She smiled at the gesture, scribbling down her reply.

Aw! How very sweet of you to think of me!

It isn't very hard. In fact, it's hard not to.

He dared to write, his hands shaky as he awaited her reaction.

Why, you're the perfect man! Let's get married!

She teased, although she was more than flattered by his words.

He couldn't resist smiling, beaming at her letter.

*

''ALL WITH PERMISSION SLIPS!'' Mr. Filch shouted over the ceaseless chatter of the 5th and 6th years, who waited not so patiently a small ways from the large swinging bell.

At last the time had come for them to set off in the direction of Hogsmeade, Mirabelle, Marcus and Adrian lagged behind a bit, immersed in speaking to one another.

It was rather odd wearing muggle clothes after being forced to wear their uniforms nearly constantly.

Marcus wore a simple black t-shirt under a gray bulky knit jumper, the chill was enough to make you shiver.

Mirabelle had strangely thin blood, and in so had to wear a bit more than the others, under her black long sleeved button up she wore a green sweater and over that she wore a black knit jacket that reached her mid thigh.

An adorable pink painted her cheeks as the cool wind playing childishly with her dark wavy hair.

Adrian peeled off his own dark blue jumper nearly half way there, Mirabelle, needless to say was baffled.

''You're like some hot blooded monkey hybrid!'' She exclaimed, the clothes she was wearing was hardly enough to shield her from the cold breeze.

''I'm surprised McGonagall let you come... considering.'' Marcus spoke, before the two could get further into her theory of a monkey hybrid.

''She was impressed, I suppose she gave me a bit of a break.'' Mirabelle shrugged, all Hogwarts students were beginning to disband and head into whatever direction they say fit.

''Let's go to Zonko's joke shop!'' Mirabelle smiled like a kid on Christmas morning. ''I need a sugar quill anyway. Can't sit through another pop quiz from Flitwick without my eyeballs attempting to run away.''

''Now that's a thought!''

Adrian smirked, pulling out his wand before pointing it at a lonesome Neville Longbottom not far.

''Wait! Not him, he gave me the answers to the Herbology essay.'' She casually explained, lowering his wand.

''Technically, he gave Adrian the answers too, since he copied yours.'' Marcus laughed.

''Oh, alright, he's safe for now.'' Adrian pocketed his 9 inch ash wood Threstral tail hair core wand and sighed.

''To Zonko's!'' Mirabelle skipped ahead and passed a fearfull Longbottom, who held his arms over his chest in subconscious defense.

*

After Mirabelle's hyperventilation over Zonko's joke shop and all the wonderous things it held within, they at last entered the ever so smokey and over populated Three Broomsticks.

''Butterbeer?'' Marcus asked, upon getting two nods, he departed for the bar.

Mirabelle took Adrian's hand, maneuvering around students and random witches or wizards, before sitting in front of large lit fireplace.

They were soon joined by Higgs, Monsour, Montague and Bletchley, who was much too distracted by a small group of giggling girls.

''There she is! The woman of my dreams! The love of my life.'' Miles winked, plopping down on the seat next to Mirabelle.

''Keep dreaming.'' She pretend gagged, looking away so she wouldn't laugh.

''Dayum!'' The boys laughed. ''Rejection at it's finest.''

Marcus rejoined them, handing Adrian and Mirabelle their drinks.

Miles and Montague were attempting to catch Bertie Botts beans in their mouths by throwing them up into the air, which, in most cases end in choking and potential death.

These were most definitely one of said cases.

Miles doubled over, coughing like a mad man.

''Anapneo!'' Mirabelle incanted, rolling her eyes lightly at their horrible idea.
Miles stood up, beating his chest without reason. ''You saved my life. I could kiss you.''

''Please don't.'' Mirabelle took a sip of her butterbeer, still casually sitting near the fire.

He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, smirking slightly. ''You sure?''

''I've never been so sure in my life.''

The boys chorused in laughter. ''Remind me to never ask Mirabelle out. I couldn't handle it!'' Higgs wiped the tears of laughter from his eyes.

Bletchley shook his head, a smile endlessly tugging on his lips.

''If you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a girl that will give me the light of day.'' He mocked hurt, sharply glancing away.

''Good luck with that.'' Mirabelle snickered.

After a few moments in the Three Broomsticks, Adrian and Marcus wanted to set off and find somewhere new.

''You're not very loyal, are you?'' Mirabelle teased.

''Adrian and I have been your friend since 1st year! I'd say that's pretty loyal, considering... how you are.'' Marcus smirked.

She stuck her tongue out briefly, before speaking. ''I am an amazing person!'' She teasingly defended.

Adrian nodded madly, his eyes wide in mock sincerity. ''Of course you are!'' He gave Marcus a look.

Mirabelle smiled wildly, jumping up from her warm seat near the fire.

They walked ahead, she had to put her jacket back on, prepare herself for the outside weather.

Once she made it outside, it was pretty deserted, she did not see Adrian, Marcus or anyone for that matter.

She huffed miserably, wondering how she could get away with murdering the two.

''Are you okay?'' She heard and her heart nearly gave out, she screamed, causing the windows of an abandaned shed to burst and shatter onto the cold ground.

She swirled around briskly, without a thought she angrily hexed them; ''Multicorfors!'' She did not even realize she had pulled her wand out.

The victims hair changed from dark brown to bright pink.

But they had frightened her so badly, she hardly heard herself say yet another curse. The conjunctive curse, to be percise.

The boy hissed in pain, holding his eyes as they burned.

Quickly, she spoke the countercurse, her heart still pounding violently.

''I really do hate you, Wood!'' She exclaimed, holding her heart and attempting to steady it. ''You frightened me!''

She nearly laughed at how pathetic he looked, his hair still a vibrant pink, she ended the fun by changing it back.

''I-I'm sorry.'' He rubbed his now pain free deep brown eyes. ''I must have really scared you, you broke that glass without a wand.''

''What do you want?'' She asked not so softly, crossing her arms over her chest, still very angry with him.

''Mirabelle?! Are you okay?'' Marcus and Adrian shouted, hearing her scream not so long ago.

''I'm fine. Wood just terrified me!'' She huffed, nearly forgetting her plans of murdering them.

''Hey, wait!'' She spun around, her back to Wood as she addressed her out of breath friends, who were still walking toward her.

''You left me! How could you?'' She scowled, her glare set in place.

Marcus smirked. ''We were going to scare you, looks like Wood beat us to it.''

She nearly forgotten he was there.

''Be happy, Flint,'' He sneered his name, ''she hexed me twice.'' Wood interjected, he did really loathe Marcus.

Adrian could hardly stand on his feet, his laughter bouncing from every direction.