Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#30

Mirabelle was feeling strange about her decision from the moment she made it. She wondered if it were the right decision.

She and Oliver were planning to meet between the covered bridge and the small patch of trees, out of sight.

Deciding that she would tell him it was a mistake, that she was tired when she said 'yes', she left her common room and headed for breakfast with Marcus.

''I say we begin practice early next year.'' Marcus said, taking a bit of toast.

''As much as I love Quidditch, there is no way that I am getting up before 4am.'' She rose a brow.

''Fine.'' Marcus sighed. ''5am it is.'' He smirked evilly.

''You're crazy!'' She shook her head. ''That is far too early.''

''Come on! Don't you want to win?'' He asked.

She glared at him lightly. ''Of course I do! But we're good enough to start practice at 6am.''

Mirabelle nodded.

Defeated, Marcus sighed. ''Fine.''

Mirabelle smiled brightly, proud of herself.

Later that fateful day, Mirabelle was walking down to the stone circle, to meet Oliver.

Mirabelle tapped Oliver's shoulder, once they were safely out of sight.

He turned around, smiling down at her.

''Oliver, I'm sorry but I don't think I can do this.'' She glanced up at him, biting her lip. She did not know why she cared so much.

He sighed, ignoring the throbbing pain in his chest. ''You just don't care that you hurt people, do you?'' He softly asked.

Mirabelle frowned. ''Look, I said I was sorry. That's more than what I would normally say.''

She apologized, peeking up at him.

Oliver sighed, ''Please, just give me the chance to change your mind.''

He suddenly, but not so suddenly cupped her cheek, staring into her dark green eyes.

''Can I please kiss you?'' He softly asked, his touch burning holes in her skin.

Mirabelle bit her lip, conflicted. She looked up at him through her dark lashes, hating and loving the way he made her feel.