Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#31

Mirabelle bit her plump scarlet lip, debating in her head what she should do.

She wanted to kiss him terribly, but she thought of her parents. What would they think of him?

Mirabelle reminded herself that this wouldn't last. It was just a school fling. And no one would ever find out, especially her parents.

And when it was over, they would never speak again.

She was happy he was pure-blooded. She didn't need associating with half bloods added to this horror. If her parents found out, they wouldn't be that disappointed.

And so she gave in at last.

She glanced back up at him, her full soft lips touching his ever so lightly.

He felt his heart pound against his chest even more relentlessly. He thought it impossible.

A shiver shook his body slightly, and his eyes closed.

She kissed his lips, but there was a sadness in the way she kissed him. She wondered if this was the right thing to do.

He cupped her fair cheek, his pulse pounding through his lips.

Determined to take away her sadness, his kiss was far more passionate, he kissed with his heart and it was almost too much for her.

Her heart hastily picked up speed, she could hear her pulse in her ear. It felt quite strange to her.

Mirabelle pulled away, taking an inaudible breath. It was just far too strange, this feeling. She didn't know what to think of it.

Her lips swollen even larger than usual, she walked away.

She just couldn't quite understand those shivers and heart races.

As she crossed the covered bridge, she attempted to forget what she couldn't understand.

Oliver frowned, sighing. Though his heart still drumming enthusiastically in his chest and his lips throbbing.

By the time he crossed the bridge, she was no where to be seen. He suspected she went into the Slytherin house.

Sighing, he walked up the many steps to Gryffindor tower.

He wanted to speak to her. He needed to.

To get her mind off of what just happened, she left the Slytherin common room, and walked to the Owlery.

She was going to write a letter to Adrian.

Adrian,

How is your Christmas? Marcus and I have come to an agreement that next years' Quidditch practice will start at 6am, instead of his prefered 4am {you're welcome}. I met Wood today. We kissed. It felt strange, my stomach and heart. Anyway, hope to see you soon.

~Mirabelle

PS. Don't forget Marcus' birthday. { The 6th } You know how he gets.

She sent it by her own owl and watched as it disappeared into the clouded sky.

Mirabelle left the Owlery, returning to the Slytherin common room.

''Where have you been?'' She asked Marcus, plopping down next to him in front of the large fireplace.

''Showers.'' He answered, running a hand through his short, dark and damp hair.

Mirabelle rose a suspicious eye brow. ''What is it with you and showers lately? You hardly ever cared to shower after practice.''

He glared playfully, shaking his head. ''Nothing.'' He defended.

She was unconvinced, but let it go.

Mirabelle told him all about what happened with Oliver, about the kiss, {He pretended to gag}. ''Why did you walk away?'' Marcus asked, all jokes aside.

''I- I don't know.'' She sighed. Marcus didn't push an explanation.

The fire popped and cracked contently as she reached into her pocket.

''Candy time!'' She laughed, handing Marcus a Skeleton Sweet, partly to change the subject.

He smiled, unwrapping it. ''Leave it to you to always have chocolate.'' Marcus smirked.

''And skeletons.'' Added Adele, who was descending the stairs of the entrance.

''True.'' Marcus nodded, though he was looking rather strange. Almost... nervous.

Mirabelle pretended not to notice.

''Want one?'' She asked Adele.

''Of course I do!'' Adele took a seat next to Marcus, who looked as though he was holding his breath.

Mirabelle handed her one.

''Oh, hey! I was just in the Owlery. You have a letter.'' Adele handed her the letter.

''Thanks.'' Mirabelle smiled, taking it.

It read;

Dear Mirabelle,

What's wrong? Why did you walk away? Please talk to me.

~Oliver

Mirabelle bit her lip, folding the letter up. ''I'm gonna go answer this.'' She wanted to give Marcus and Adele some alone-time.

Marcus' eyes widened as she stood, silently pleading with her.

She winked reassuringly, patting his shoulder.

''Hey, Adele, you like Quidditch, don't you?'' She started up a conversation for Marcus. Adele began to talk about Quidditch, playing out an animed play by play of the last Quidditch cup.

Marcus smiled as she made swooping noises and used her hands as the players, and that was a clearance for Mirabelle.

She looked around for Oliver, at last spotting him sulking in the library.

''Oliver?'' She whispered, pulling him behind the bookshelf in the far back, out of sight.

''Mirabelle! I thought you were avoiding me.''

''I was at first. I don't know what happened.'' She glanced down, letting go of his hand. Those odd feelings began to bubble up once again and she attempted to swallow them down.

''Are you angry with me?'' He asked, his big brown eyes soft.

''No.'' Mirabelle glanced up at him. ''I was just surprised.''

Oliver spoke, cautiously. As it he didn't want to get his hopes up too high. ''So... you want to be with me?''

Mirabelle took an inaudible deep breath, glancing up at him and biting her lip. ''I- Yes.''

'Heaven help me.' She thought.