Status: Active

Give in to Love, or Live in Fear

#8

Mirabelle burst through the large wooden doors of the Great Hall in her Quidditch gear, drawing the attention of the entire hall.

She winked in the direction of a large group of gawking boys, she had to be the most beautiful girl in the castle.

She gracefully rushed to the Slytherin table, taking a seat on the side closest to the wall.

''You really know how to make an entrance, huh?'' Adrian smirked, shoving a whole slice of toast into his mouth.

Mirabelle laughed quietly, shaking her head.

''I suppose so.'' She looked around her. ''Where's Marcus?'' She asked, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

''Under the Gryffindor table.'' He casually explained, as if that were perfectly normal.

''I see.'' She smiled lightly, fearing to even ask.

''You must be very excited about the match against Gryffindor today, huh?'' Pansy asked, smiling sinisterly.

''I am, very much so.'' Mirabelle smirked, before turning back to Adrian.

''So what happened with Madeline Rosier?'' She wiggled her arched dark eyebrows at him.

''I can't thank you enough for forcing me over there, now I'm finally over that ridiculus crush. She is intolerable!'' He sighed heavily.

Mirabelle laughed. ''She is, I didn't want to ruin her for you.'' She bit her lip. ''But it seems I already have.''

A loud scream pierced the ears of everyone unfortunate enough to be in the great hall at that moment, sending some people back in their seats.

Mirabelle recognized Marcus's laugh as he walked over to the Slytherin table, smug faced.

He seemed to have frightened Katie Bell, only heaven knows how.

Mirabelle and Adrian couldn't help but laugh as realization came over them.

*

''Slytherin's in the lead by 90 points.'' Lee Jordon regretfully informed from the stands.

A speeding bludger cut the breezy air as it determinately made its way toward Mirabelle, she saw it coming, although she didn't feel like stopping it.

Marcus took her club, hitting the bludger away from her. ''Whats wrong?'' He asked, but she only attempted to smile.

He wasn't convinced.

''Come on! We gotta win.'' She took back the bat, nodding reassuringly at him.

He hesitated to continue the game, but eventually did.

Mirabelle closed her eyes briefly, sighing quietly. Her head was pounding painfully and she became a bit light headed, before her vision was clouded and she fell into unconsciousness.

The stands gasped, standing from their seats.

Marcus flew down to where she was free falling to the ground and caught her. He sighed heavily, he knew exactly why she fainted.

The game ended at 90 to 240, the Captian's of both teams we're a bit distracted.

Marcus and Adrian rushed to the hospital wing, still in their green and silver Quidditch gear.

They took a seat on the bed she lay in, unconscious.

''Madam Pomfrey!'' Adrian called in the direction of her office.