You Tell Me Every Day

Life in life

It was an accident. They used a condom. They thought they were good to go. They were drunk.

Those were just some of the excuses they told me, I don't understand why they assumed that that was something I would want to hear anyway.

The condom broke. They were in a relationship, it was just a secret. They didn't mean for her to end up pregnant.

They were some of the excuses they told their parents. The parents were naive and believed anything, tried to support them, filling their ears with empty promises of everything being okay.

I am just ill. I haven't gained weight, I'm just bloated. I don't have an odd eating disorder, I'm just exercising my taste buds.

Those were the excuses she used to deter her friends questions. It didn't work. They found out eventually, as did the rest of the school.

It's not me its you. I think we should see other people. I'll come see the baby once it's born.

They were the excuses he used to get away, get out of the situation. He lied, he never once visited the baby.

It's just a phase. She loves the baby really. Once she gets some sleep she will be fine.

Those were the lies her mother told friends and family. The excuse as to why a newborn's mother hated the child. Why she refused to feed or change it.

It was an accident. They used a condom. They thought they were good to go. They were drunk.

She tells me this everyday.

She doesn't need to.

It's the first thing on my mind in the morning, and the last thought that goes through my head at night.

It was an accident.

It was an accident.

It was an accident.

It was an accident.

I was an accident.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Minerva's teen pregnancy contest.