Intima Duellum

Prologus

Image

There was no mercy from the flames, or from the shackles biting into his skin, or from the cold steel of the knife slicing new holes in places where holes shouldn’t go.

He wasn’t even supposed to be here.

But, then again, he was always a dead man walking. It was only a matter of time.

Three blind boys all locked in a cage.

His head was ready to explode. He almost wished it would; it would add to the pain, yes, but then he’d be dead and there’d be nothing left for him to feel.

You’re not getting away from me that easily.

The soft, soothing voice in his head cajoled him none too kindly.

This is where we’ve ended up because of your brothers. Take it from me, boy: family is pain. Do you think I enjoy fighting my own brother? No. I’d rather we never have to bring this to war. But I’m chosen, destined, to bring my brother down. I have to do this. And you’re chosen to help me.

Don’t sugarcoat things, Michael.

This was a new voice, strong, cocky, deceiving.

You tricked him. You and the other angels. Boy, you’re in here because my brothers don’t trust you.

Leave him be, Lucifer. He’s mine.

Au contraire, dear brother. We are brothers. He’s a Winchester. He’s their blood. He’s mine as well.

Pain, unbearable pain, began to tear his mind apart from the inside out. He clutched at his temples before realizing that his hands were nothing but burned and blackened stubs. He screamed and heard nothing come from his mouth.

Lucifer! What in God’s name are you doing?

God has nothing to do with this, Michael. It’s just you and me in here.

Get out of my vessel, you petulant child!

My vessel is gone. And yours is so...fresh.

The fire seemed hotter now.

Lucifer, no –

Make way, big brother. I’m joining this party.

His forehead seared, his mind felt as though his inner core was burning, being torn apart and ripped to pieces. There was an unfamiliar sensation now. It was cold. Invasive. Disgusting.

Howdy, Adam.

Hello Adam.

Enjoying yourself yet?

I’m sorry about this –

Because this is one bucking bronco I won’t be getting off anytime soon.

I didn’t want this for you –

So buckle up, big boy. You’re in for one hell of a ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a stream of consciousness thing. I'm really excited for this story :3

Please don't be a silent reader!