Coffee and Cigarettes

My Only Escape.

I put the warm cup to my lips drinking up the lovely warm liqud greedily. I sigh, coffee was one of the things that got me up in the morning.

I put down the cup, check the time on my watch grabing my pack of cigarettes and my keys. I put on a a warm coat because it was sightly cold outside.

I head out walking toward the more populated side of my town.

"Samuel!" My heart speeds up as I hear the accented voice that I have growed so fond of. He was the other.

I turn around to greet pretty hazel eyes."Christofer!" I mock his use of my first name.

He rolls his eyes, then smiles. "So Sammie what are you gonna do today?"

I grin, " I was goning to go down to Charlie's and watch people suck up the stage." Charlie's, was a performing type cafe. People could perform acts, sing songs and all of that good stuff.

He chuckled.

"Some people don't suck." I raises an eye brow. "I said some."
I smile, "You want to go with me?"

"Sure, I have nothing else to do."

I nod and we start off in the direction of the cafe. "You know? I might perform today. I have a new song." My eyes widen in shock in his direction.

"What's it called?" He looks at me and smiles. "You'll find out." I roll my eyes.

When we got there there was a gruff looking man playing the recorder on stage. it took all my will power to stop from laughing. Chris shakes his head. "Our town needs some help."

I couldn't help from giggling. "Oh shut it. It's not that bad. There's just nothing to do... so some resort to this. "

"They, should resort to something else." I shake my head at him.

"Your so mean Chris." He laughs. "No. I'm just truthful."`

"You gonna go up?"

He looks at the stage and a nervous look crosses his face. "I don't know, I don't think I'm ready for that yet..." I smile at him softly.

"That's Fine. You'll get to that point one day." I honestly believed he could, he was one of the best musician I've had the gift of seeing.

And I wasn' just saying that because I was sorta inlove with him.

"Thanks Sam." I grin. "Lets gets something, and watch people perform."

"That sounds like a plan." He pulls us over to a small table in the corner of the shop.

*** 3 hours later ***

Chris and I were currently pissing ourselves over a backwash comedian who was talking about the Metric system... The METRIC system. But, for some reason we thought it was the funny thing on the planet.

"Hey, Chris. You wanna go get some coffee? We could go to wafffle house, or your house."

He grins. "Let's go to Waffle House."

We walk in silence, watching our breath in the air.

When we get there, we both order coffee.

I blow on my fingers trying to warm them up. Chris put his hands on mine and rubs. "There. Better?" I nod as heat rises to my face.

"Hey Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"Carter's having a party tonight, you wanna go with me?" I shake my head.

"I'm a no go for parties. I'm just to... awkward." He smiles. "That's okay, we could do something else."

"You wan to see a movie?"

"I'd love too." A smile works its way across my face.

We get up- Him paying for our coffee and leave. I pull out a Cigareete and hand on to him. We smoke in silence heading towards the theater.

I sigh, "Chris, do you lthink tomorrow will be better? Everything just seems so... the same everyday."

"It's bound to be, something's gotta change eventuallly." I smile slightly in his direction.

"Sam, do you'll think I'll ever get out of this town, and I don't know... Make something of my self?"

I look towards him smiling, "If anyone get's out of this town, it's gonna be you. You're the most talented person I know." He smiles, quietly saying thanks.

"Ba da da Da da da da da da" he hums softly to himself.

"What's that?" I ask him in confusion.

He smiles, still looking forward. "You'll find out eventually."
♠ ♠ ♠
720 Words :D

Enjoy C: