Status: New, might just be a short story. Keep or kill?

Listen to Me

Rory 007

When I woke up, Jason wasn't in the room, but his bag and coat were on his bed. He must have been taking a shower.

I needed to confront him on this. I mean, I know it's never easy to come out of the closet, especially to someone you're not even close to, but if he really is gay, then maybe talking about it will help us bond. I really hate the awkwardness that floats around us and I don't even know why it's there.

I got my notepad and scribbled out a small buy complicating question: Are you gay?

I'm certain that he is, but I still need to have him accept it.

Jason walked out of the bathroom sporting a towel around his waist and another drying off his hair. He shook his head and wet strands of hair clung to his already damp skin. Speaking of skin, his was wrapped tightly around every single one of his muscles. Is it wrong to ogle your roommate? But it wasn't my job to focus on my attraction to guys. I had to help him realize his own attraction.

He gave me a toothy grin. (Somebody's sure happy after taking a shower.)

"'Sup, Rory?" He greeted me.

Since when is he so friendly?

I gathered my confidence and stuck the note in his face. His smile faded instantly and he froze.

Bingo. He's gay.

He chuckled nervously, his eyes avoiding mine. "Are you sure that note's for me?"
I nodded. He shook his head. I could barely read his lips on what he said next because he barely opened his mouth to say it: "I'm not gay, man."

I pointed to my laptop, which was now sitting on the desk. He looked at it and then back at me and asked "What?"

I pointed again more sternly and he just shook his head, confused. I rolled my eyes and turned to a new page in my notepad and shoved it in his face: "I saw what you were looking at on my computer."

He just laughed. "I dunno what you're talking about. I mean, yeah I might have borrowed your computer, but I didn't-" He paused for a minute and I took that opportunity to grab my computer and show him the exact site he left it on. He frowned at the screen before looking back at me. "I don't know how that got on your computer. Maybe it was a virus."

I wanted to face-palm. Not only was he lying, but he was terrible at it.

I set down the computer to write another note, but he had already disappeared back into the bathroom with a change of clothes. I wasn't going to get through to him this way. I had to get in his face with this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but the next will be Jason's reaction to Rory's devious plan to see if he really is gay.