Status: Will try to write as often as I can

The Love of a Slytherin Prince

Chapter One

Chapter One
A/N: I’ve been reading Draco/Hermione stories lately. Recently I found a story with a Draco/OC relationship. It really inspired me, so I’m going to attempt a Draco story. Please enjoy. :)
◊◊◊◊◊◊
Erin Braveheart awoke one chilly morning to the sound of her cell phone ringing and buzzing on her bedside table. She picked it up to see a reminder. Get up lazy bones, you go back to school!
Erin jumped up from the warm covers of her bed and ran into the loo to shower and brush her teeth. She straightened her hair, did her makeup, and got dressed in a pair of grey skinny jeans, a black/grey striped sweater, black ankle boots, and a red blazer. She put her cell phone in her pocket, picked up her wand, and levitated her trunk downstairs to the kitchen.

“Morning, mum”, Erin smiled.

“Morning, sweet heart, how did you sleep?”

“I slept just fine.” Erin made herself a cup of Earl Grey and some toast with jam. “Where’s dad?”

“He called into work sweetheart, but he said to have fun at school and he’ll miss you.”

Erin nodded her head solemnly, she hated that her dad was always gone. Sure he wasn’t doing anything exciting like her aunt had, but he was hardly ever home, it was like he didn’t even live there. Erin sat down at the table to eat her breakfast.

Marian, Erin’s mum, set a coin purse full of wizarding money on the table and a bookbag full of books, quills, and empty notebooks. “I’ll expect a letter every week. Are you coming home for Christmas?”

“Um, no I’m staying at school with friends. If not then I’ll be at the Weasleys.”

“Okay, well let me know, that way I’ll know where to send your presents.”

Erin nodded before gulping down her tea and shoving the rest of her toast into her mouth. She heard a car honk from outside. “That’ll be the Grangers. Love you, mum.” She hugged her mum goodbye before picking her things up off the table, and dragging her trunk out to the car.

“Hey, Erin”, Hermione smiled. She helped Erin get her trunk into the boot of the car, then sped off to King’s Station.

◊◊◊◊◊◊
“Goodbye, girls!” Hermione and Erin ran through the barrier and came out on the other side. “Let’s find a compartment”, Hermione said. Erin followed her to the back of the train where they settled into an empty compartment.

“So, why do you have your cell phone? You know Muggle devices don’t work in the wizarding world.” Hermione pointed to the red Motorola Blur in Erin’s hand.

“Oh, well my dad works for the ministry and he’s working on this project where we can use Muggle devices in the wizarding world. Here I brought one for you, Happy late birthday!” Erin smiled as she handed over a purple one to her.

Ginny, Harry, and Ron walked in and settled themselves in the compartment. The train lurched forward and made its way down the tracks to Hogsmeade Station.

◊◊◊◊◊◊
Erin watched as Harry and Ginny made out in the seat across from her. It sickened her to see them together. During their sixth year, she and Harry had dated. She was so in love, but he wasn’t. He broke it off a week before his departure to search for the horcruxes. The day before said trip, he kissed Ginny goodbye.

It broke her heart to watch him kiss her. She was prepared to start her seventh year without her friends. One night, while staying, with her aunt, an auror, they were kidnapped. Her aunt had information the Death Eaters wanted. To get this information they used Erin. She suffered the torture of the Cruciatus curse. Finally when her aunt spilled her secrets they killed her. The Death Eaters victory didn’t last long though. Their safe house was attacked, during the assault Erin escaped.

She wandered around in the wilderness for three days before she was eventually found by Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Harry took care of her and showed a side of him that she missed. Things happened, feelings and emotions were shared, and hope was rekindled. But once the war was over Harry went back to Ginny.

Erin wiped away the few tears that had escaped. She tried to read her book, but her vision became blurred making it an impossible task. “Erin, are you okay”, Ron asked. Everyone looked up at her. Erin jumped from her seat and bolted from the compartment crying.

◊◊◊◊◊◊
Draco Malfoy watched as she ran from her friends. He felt bad for her; it must be hard to watch the one you love with someone else. He knew the feeling; he’s been in love with her since their third year. He breathed her name, liking the way it felt moving across his lips.

He got up from his seat and ran after her. “Erin! Erin, wait up!” he caught up to her and grabbed her arm. He hated to see her cry, he hated when any woman cried because he felt utterly helpless and didn’t know what to do or say.

“Did you see them?” She whispered.

“Yeah, I saw them. Potter is an arrogant prick!”

“Why do I feel this way?”

“Because he was your first love, and it hurts to see your first love with someone else.” I should know, he thought, I’ve had to watch you and Potter flirt with each other for years. Draco wrapped his arms around her and walked her back to his compartment.

“Why are you being so nice to me?” Erin asked.

“I can be nice when I want to, Braveheart, I’m not all bad.” He smirked. “At least not anymore”, he mumbled this under his breath.

“I guess so, Malfoy.”

The trolley came ‘round and Draco bought her sweets to cheer her up. He made her laugh and smile, and forget her worries for a short while. When they were ten minutes from Hogsmeade, Erin said goodbye before heading back to her compartment.

“Erin-

“Save it, Potter, you have nothing to say that I want to hear.” She grabbed her uniform and began to change ignoring her friends’ presence. She heard gasps after she had took off her shirt. She felt self-consious all over again. Erin tried to hide them quickly, but they had already seen.
Starting from her left shoulder, across her back and ending on her right hip, was a long scar in the shape of a serpent. It served as a painful, ugly reminder of the nights she spent in the house of Death Eaters.

“What happened”, Ginny whispered.

“We don’t know, only Harry does, and he won’t tell”, said Ron.

Even with her long, thick black hair, silver-grey eyes, pale skin, and thin but busty body, she still felt ugly as ever. As long as she carried this hideous scar she would always feel ugly. With fresh tears she yanked on her uniform and sat down in a corner away from her friends.

Harry sat down next to her and was quiet for a moment. He kissed her cheek and said, “You’re still beautiful to me.”

She had lied.

When Harry had found her she was bruised and bloodied. He cleaned her up, and was the only one to see her scar. He told her, “You’re still beautiful to me”, and kissed her passionately. She gave her whole self to him, thinking he loved her.

Hearing him speak those words now, a year later, was like a knife to her heart. She had lied when she told him he had nothing she wanted to hear; those five words were just what she wanted to hear, and more.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my Draco Malfoy story, so please be kind. :) comments are greatly apprecated--I want to know what you are thinking.
-Alexis