Status: Will try to write as often as I can

The Love of a Slytherin Prince

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The ride to Hogwarts had been quiet and frigid. Having confusing thoughts float through her mind, Erin didn’t partake in the conversation her friends were so adamantly discussing. She felt like a hopeless romantic, pining after a boy who would never want her. ‘How stupid can you get?’
Erin stepped inside the warm school and instantly felt the chill of the cold night’s air evaporate. She followed her friends into the Great Hall and sat down at her table. Before feasting they watched the first years get sorted into their houses and Headmistress McGonagall spoke. The feast looked lovely and put any five star restaurant to shame, but Erin didn’t have much of an appetite. She pushed her food around her plate and stared dreamily into her glass of pumpkin juice.

“You must eat something”, Ron chided.

“I’m not hungry”, Erin sighed. She looked around the massive room at all the students. Her silver-grey eyes landed on Draco and stayed there. He was terribly handsome with his white-blonde hair and grey eyes. She loved everything about him, from the smug look he always had on his face, the way the left side of his mouth twitched up into an irresistible smirk, to that air of confidence he had about him. She loved it all especially his sweet and caring side, the side that he showed her on the train.

She shook herself from thoughts of him. She would not think, fantasize, or fall in love with him. Good luck with that.

◊◊◊◊◊◊
“I see the way you stare at him”, Hermione smiled as the girls got ready for bed.

Erin looked up alarmed, Oh no, she knows about Draco, she’ll tell the boys!

“I know it’s hard to forget about your first love, but you must try and move on. At least for your sake, it can’t be healthy.” Hermione smiled sympathetically before climbing into bed.

Erin let out a breath of relief; she did not see that one coming. She climbed into bed and closed her eyes. Sleep did not come easy that night, or any night for that matter. It was always the same dream. “CRUCIO!”

Erin jolted from her sleep drenched his sweat. She tried to catch her breath as she looked about the room. Everyone was asleep. She slid into her slippers and bathrobe before heading downstairs to the common room. She sat down before the fire and curled up into a ball. She could feel the tears prickling at the back of her eyelids. How she wished, the nightmares would go away. She wished she could just go back in time and erase that memory, erase that night, erase the time she had spent with Harry in hiding. She could have been in school with her friends learning spells and potions, going to dances and parties in the common room, and Quidditch games. But that night did happen, as well as the time she spent with Harry Potter in that magical tent deep in the woods.

“Did you have that nightmare again?”

Erin jumped at the sound of a voice. She turned fearing it would be Harry, but it was Ron. She sighed with relief and ran into his arms. He rubbed her back and tried to calm her. “It’s okay, I’m here.”

“I’m glad it’s you and not him”, she whispered.

Ron nodded before leading her to the couch. “I’m sorry about all that. It was wrong of him.”

“It’s okay. Hermione was asleep otherwise I’d be with her”, she said changing the subject.

“Yeah usually, it’s Hermione or Ha- well you know.” they sat there in the quiet just staring at the fire until it died down. Once she grew sleepy, Erin hugged Ron goodnight before heading back upstairs. Before going to sleep she noticed a message on her phone.

Hey, sweetheart! So sorry I couldn’t send you off with wishes of happiness in person, but I was called in. I’ll expect a weekly letter; your mum and I. love you lots, and have fun. Dad ;)

She put her phone back on the bedside table and fell into a dreamless sleep.

◊◊◊◊◊◊
“Wake up, sleepyhead!”

Erin opened her eyes to see Hermione standing over her already dressed. She got out of bed and sluggishly got ready for classes. Once she was dressed the pair went down the stairs and towards the Great Hall. The others were waiting at the table.

“So, Quidditch try-outs are coming up soon. Are you going to try out again, Ron?” Harry asked.

“You bet I am, how about you, Erin, we could sure use our best chaser”, Ron smiled.

“Yeah, I’m trying out, I think my dad would pitch a fit if I didn’t, I’ve been on the team since second year.” Erin smiled. She took a bite of toast. Her morning classes were as dismal as ever: Potions, Transfiguration, and Ancient Runes. At least Hermione was in all her classes.

At lunch the mail came and surprisingly she had mail. “Who’s it from”, Ron asked.

“Um, it says the ministry.” Erin opened it to reveal the necklace that belonged to her aunt. It was a small dragon’s claw made of steel and clasped in its grasp was a ruby. It hung from a silver chain.

“It’s beautiful, but why would the ministry send you such a lovely gift”, Ginny asked.

“Because it was my aunt’s. I’m not so hungry anymore; I think I’ll head to the library.”

She left the table and briskly walked towards the library unbeknownst to her that she was being followed by Draco Malfoy.

Draco found her slumped against a bookshelf holding the necklace in her hand. He sat down beside her and grabbed her hand. “Nice gift.”

“Thanks, it means a lot to me.”

“Family heirloom”, he asked out of curiosity.

“I guess you could say that.” It was quiet for a moment. Draco gripped her hand tighter and yanked her up before taking off at a dead run. “Draco, where are you taking me?”

“Shh, just follow me!” he led her up to the owlrey. He stepped towards the balcony and looked over the school grounds. Birds were chirping and the wind tousled his hair a bit. “I like coming up here when I need a place to think. It clears my mind and puts me at ease.”

Erin looked at him before looking at the scenery in front of her. She could see why he loved coming up here. It was gorgeous! Breathtaking! “Thank you, Draco.” She was so happy she could kiss him. She was about to do it, but stopped herself much to Draco’s disappointment.

He sighed. She was so close to kissing me. Why can’t I just take a leap of faith and kiss her my damn myself? He stared at her, marveling at her beauty. He had a plan to make her love him, and it was time he put it in action.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly appreciated my silent readers. Tell me what you think?
-Alexis