Status: Will try to write as often as I can

The Love of a Slytherin Prince

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Erin took extra care with her appearance the next morning. It was a bit chilly out so she dressed warmly in ice-blue skinnies, a white, long-sleeved shirt with lyrics to her favorite song “Gegen Meinen Willen” written in sharpie on it, and a grey hoodie with matching Ugg boots. She put a curling charm on her hair then did her makeup before grabbing her cell phone and going downstairs to the common room.

“Erin, you look so pretty”, Hermione gushed, “like a winter princess!”

Erin smiled then followed the group out of the portrait hole. She noticed, as they walked towards the Great Hall, that Harry could not keep his eyes off her. She smirked to herself, she didn’t care, let him look. Today, she had a date with Draco. She trudged through the snow towards the village and smiled when she saw Draco walking towards her. She hugged him tightly then held his hand as he led her to some of the shops.

A few hours later they finished their shopping and were standing in front of Honeydukes nursing steaming cups of hot chocolate.

“Are you okay, Erin, you’ve been real quiet today,” Draco asked.

Erin sighed, “I’m nervous.”

Draco laughed a care-free laugh, “And why are you nervous? Is it me, because we spent hours together on the train and I brought you up to the owlrey with me when I wanted to be alone? Do I make you nervous?”

Erin laughed nervously, “Yes, sometimes you do make me nervous, but right now it’s not you. I’m nervous because my friends don’t know that you and I are talking. Hermione knows I’m in Hogsmeade on a date just not with whom, and she said she wants to meet my date, which would be you. And I’m nervous about how they’ll react because even though you helped us last year with the war, they still kind of hate you and I don’t want them to make me choose between you and them.”

Draco took Erin’s cup away and set it on the window ledge next to his. He wrapped his arms around her and tucked her head into his neck. “You don’t have to choose between me and your friends. Even if they don’t like me, I’m not going anywhere, Erin. I like you, Erin, a lot, more than I’ve ever liked anyone and I know you like me too.” Erin nodded in agreement. “So let’s give this a try,” Draco whispered huskily as he tipped Erin’s chin up. He captured her lips in a sweet and tender kiss. “Come on let’s go meet your friends.”

◊◊◊◊◊◊

Erin walked into the Three Broomsticks while holding tightly to Draco’s hand. She spotted Hermione and Ron sitting at the back table. She took a step towards them but stopped as she saw Harry and Ginny sit down at the table with four orders of food. Shit, they’re here too! I thought it was just going to be Hermione and Ron. Erin threw a nervous glance at Draco then slowly made her way towards her friends. Ron and Hermione saw her first and were shocked to see her holding hands with Draco Malfoy of all people. Wondering what could have caught their friends’ attention Harry and Ginny turned around. Ginny gasped as Harry and Ron glared at the two.

“Hi guys, this is Draco, my date.” Erin tried to smile but she knew, as well as her friends, that it was fake.

“What the hell, Erin?” Ron hissed.

“Why the bloody hell did you bring him,” Harry snarled.

“Because I like him, that’s why, and Hermione said she wanted to meet him-

“That was before I knew it was Malfoy,” Hermione whispered harshly.

“How could you betray your friends like that, Erin, you would think you’d hate death eaters after what they did to you and your aunt.” Once the words left his mouth Harry knew that he was wrong, but it was too late and he was too mad to apologize.

With tears in her eyes Erin drew back her fist and punched Harry in the nose before storming off.

“Nice going, Potter,” Draco hissed before running after Erin. “Erin! Erin wait!” but it was too late, she was gone.

◊◊◊◊◊◊

Harry sat in the common room holding an ice pack to his nose while Ginny ran her fingers through his hair and Ron sat across from him with Hermione in his lap. “What have I done? I didn’t mean to say that, it was stupid and hurtful. Where could she have gone? It’s starting to get cold out and no one has seen her, not even the teachers!”

Harry was worried, he had hurt Erin terribly and no one in the entire school had seen her since she ran from them earlier today.

“I feel awful too, mate,” Ron sighed.

“Me too, I had told her I wanted to meet him, sure I didn’t know it was Draco, but I didn’t have to react like that. From the looks of how happy she’s been, they’ve been talking since school started. He makes her really happy, you guys.”

Hermione sighed; she felt the worst since she was the main person Erin always went to with her worries and secrets. The portrait hole opened and the group jumped up hoping it to be Erin. A first year walked in and made her way up to the dormitories. They sighed as they sat back down.

◊◊◊◊◊◊

Erin sipped from the huge mug then set it down on the table. “Thanks for letting me hide out here, Hagrid.”

“You’re more than welcome. I’m sorry you’re having troubles, maybe tomorrow will be better.”

Erin sighed, “I guess I better head back, its way past curfew.” Erin hugged Hagrid goodbye then made her way to the castle. On her way towards the Gryffindor common room she was stopped by McGonagall.

“Erin, where have you been? Your friends and half the faculty have been looking for you for five hours!”

“I’m sorry Professor; I just needed some time to be alone. I’m sorry if I worried you.” Erin quickly walked away and entered the portrait hole. The common room was empty. She silently made her way up to her room, and got into bed. She could not sleep though. Harry’s words echoed inside her head.

◊◊◊◊◊◊

Erin sighed as she sat down under the big tree with Draco. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her lips softly. “How was your day?”

“Just as tiring as the last three weeks have been. I’ve been avoiding them like the plague, I’m in bed after they’ve gone to sleep and I’m up before everyone else. I eat and do homework in the library and I don’t sit with them in class either.”

“You’re going to have to talk to them sooner or later; Christmas will be here in about two months, love.”

Erin sighed, “I know, but I can’t right now. They hurt me real bad Draco, and I’m just not ready to forgive them for that.” Erin snuggled deeper into his arms and sighed.

“I’m here for you, Erin.”

Erin turned around and smiled up at him, “I know you are, love.” She pressed her lips against his in a heated kiss before getting up to go to her next class. She smiled as she sat down away from her so called friends. Not even being around them right now could ruin her mood, not with the sweet taste of Draco Malfoy on her lips.