Status: complete <3

Like Ghosts In The Snow

Chapter One

Gerard’s P.O.V

I stared out the car window as we drove down the road, away from my old house, my old home. I let a single tear fall. That’s all that I would allow. I watched as the rain fell down from the sky, watering the ground with its presence. Rain was such a depressing thing.

I looked to my little brother Mikey, who was sitting next to me starring out the window with wide eyes and a large smile present on his face. He was excited for the move; he had even had the great idea for it. What Mikey wanted, Mikey got. I wouldn’t say that he was a spoiled brat or anything; my parents just treated him like he was the only child they had. I got nothing, nobody cared for me.

“Oh, Gerard stop moping! You’re acting like it’s the end of the world, you are such a drama queen,” my dad huffed turning around and glaring at me with hawk eyes. “This is such a great experience for Mikey, and your ruining it for him.” He spat at me, turning his attention to Mikey.

“Don’t worry Mikes, your brother is just on his period again.” He chuckled before turning back around and continuing with the drive.

I let out a straggled sigh and kept my eyes locked out the window, blocking out anything and everyone in the car. Soon enough I found myself getting tired, so I decided to shut my eyes and try to sleep. I hoped that I would wake up and all of this would just be a dream.


“Gerard, get your lazy ass up! Were home,” My dad yelled, smacking me upside the head. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my now pounding head.

I grabbed my bag and got out of the car, I was greeted with the sight of my new house. I had to admit it was pretty, but it was so old. It had missing shingles and the white pant was chipping off the side. It was what appeared to be three stories high. That made me wonder why we needed such a big house. There were so many plants, and trees and so much life. But the house itself looked dead. It sort of gave me the creeps.

“Home sweet home,” my mom cooed as she sat her bags down and stared at the new house. I groaned and picked up my bags, and made my way to the steps of the old house.

As soon as I walked into the house, the first thing that hit me was the smell. It smelt like mold, and mildew. Just plain disgusting. It looked like it was built in like the 1800’s. Or something out of a horror movie, either way, I didn’t like it.

I was interrupted from my thoughts as I felt a gush of wind blow passed me; I squealed and twirled around, coming face to face with Mikey.

“Get out of the way Gerard!” Mikey screamed. “I get to pick the first room!” he bellowed, tumbling his way up the stairs. I heard the stairs creak and I wasn’t surprised. This house was ancient.

I followed him up the stairs, trailing drastically behind. I get up there to see Mikey has already picked his room, which just so happened to be the biggest room on this floor. He stuck his tongue out at me and slammed his door shut.

I sighed and stood there, waiting for either my mom or dad to come upstairs and tell me which room I get, there was only one other one on this floor. Soon enough, my dad came up the stairs, carrying at least two boxes at the same time. He huffed and placed them down.

“Oh, Gerard, I almost forgot. You will be getting the attic, sense there is only five bedrooms in this house, Mikey needs a gaming room, I need my office and your mother can have the other room for whatever she wants. Oh and I know your into that creepy dead bat stuff, so you’ll like it up there,” he laughed at me, kicking open his bedroom door and placing down his boxes.

I nodded my head and walked over to the next staircase, and made my way up it. The floor boards creaked under my weight as I stepped on the first step. Why would they buy this old run down place anyway? It was probably because Mikey wanted it. Like I said earlier, Mikey gets what Mikey wants.

I soon found the attic, and let’s just say it was probably the worst room in the house. There was even some stuff left up here from the previous owners. I sighed as I made my way over to the boxes and picked them up one by one, placing them in the far corner of the room, I would deal with them later. The attic had this distant sort of musky smell that I would have to grow accustomed to. And there was only one strip that was called a ‘window’ where the light could shine through. And it was strangely cold up here, a sort of eerie feeling that I just couldn’t put my finger on.

I made my way down stairs and collected the last few of my boxes before I made my way back up to my attic. If my parents thought that they would also use this room for storage, they had another thing coming. I placed my boxes on the other side of the room, away from the others so that they wouldn’t get mixed up.

I laid down a blanket that I had gotten out of one of the boxes and laid down on top of it, starring up at the ceiling. I missed my old home. I was going to miss my friends that I did actually have and my grandma too. I can’t believe they just left her like that, especially at this time when she’s at her worst.

I let a few more tears fall as it was all coming back to me. I was so far away from all the ones that I cared about, and I was never going back. I let myself cry it out as I lay there in my new ‘room’. I hated my life. I hated this house. I hated what my parents have become. I soon found myself crying myself to sleep. I hope this is all just a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, this is a new story that im writing. I had the idea for a while now, so i decided that i should start writing it before i forget it. this is only the beguining, but tell me what you think about it. should i keep writing it or no? should i make it into a frerard or keep it the way it is im kind of leaning towards a frerard because i have an idea for the ending. thanks for reading! comment and subscribe :)