Status: complete <3

Like Ghosts In The Snow

Chapter Two

I woke up to my father banging on the attic door shouting at the top of his lungs, something that I really could not decipher. I groaned and sat up on my ‘bed’. I was very confused at first, not really knowing where I was at when it hit me. This was my new house. I thought it was all just some nightmare and that when I woke up I would be back at my house, it the safety of my room. But I have to face reality. We are never going back.

I got up and went over to the box that was marked as ‘clothes’ and opened it, looking through it for an outfit that I could wear that day. I hardly had any clothes, so it wasn’t that hard to pick from the little that I had. I finally decided on wearing my misfit’s shirt and my white skinny jeans. I slipped them on and made my way down stairs.

When I got down stairs I was shocked. I guess I didn’t realize just how big this house was. Well, I guess the word ‘big’ was an understatement. This house was humongous. The kitchen was about three times the size the one at our old house. I didn’t even want to see how big the bathrooms were.

I stumbled my way into the dining room where I see my family all sitting at a table that looked like it was built for a dozen. They all looked up at me at the same time, the same expression on all of their faces. They didn’t want me here, and I didn’t want to be here either.

“Well, it’s nice of you to join us fag, you’re just in time to eat with us. Go make yourself a plate and sit the fuck down.” My dad snarled at me, eyes like daggers. I nodded my head and walked back into the kitchen.

I made my way over to the stove to find just one biscuit left of the whole meal. Its either my mom hadn’t made that much food or my dad was just plain fat now. I grabbed the biscuit off of the tray and made my way back to the dining room and took a seat at the other end of the table, away from the rest of them.

“Hey, by the way we are going up into the town after breakfast so you can just stay here. And I am warning you now, stay out of my stuff or there will be consequences.” My dad spat at me from across the table. I nodded my head again and began to nibble on the biscuit.

I never talked back to my father. I always just nodded my head to him when he spoke to me. I never commented on his hurtful jokes or his snide comments. I obeyed him, knowing what would happen if I disobeyed him.

I ate my breakfast in silence, trying my best not to glance up at them or make any noises. I couldn’t help but feel that I wasn’t accepted here. I knew that I wasn’t accepted here. My father had made that clear multiple times. But, I tried to convince myself that he was always just messing with me. It saved me my tears.

Minutes later the front door slammed and I was left alone. I decided that this was for the best. This gave me time to look around the new house, without my father screaming at me the whole time.

The first place that I was going to look was downstairs, since I was already down here. I would work my way up, going from floor to floor. I walked out of the dining room and went down the hall and turned to the left, to find what looked to be a laundry room. The house was way too old and everything looked broken down and torn. I didn’t have a clue why they would want to live here by choice.

I finished looking at all of the rooms on the first floor and it looked nothing special. It was all just plain and boring. There was no color and almost everything was made of wood. There was a bathroom, a massive living room and the dining room and kitchen. Maybe they liked this house because of the size of it.

I walked my way up the stairs, the steps creaking as I walked. I felt as if the steps were about to collapse underneath me. I walked a little faster and got up the second floor. This is where all of the bedrooms were, and I wasn’t allowed into them. But, there was another door at the end of the hall.

I walked forward to it, curiosity getting the best of me. I got up to the door and gently pushed it, while it creaked open. What I saw surprised me. It was a library. An actual library in my house. I couldn’t believe it. I walked slowly into the room, admiring all of the rows and columns of books that lined up the walls.

I walked over to the first book shelf and grabbed the first book that I saw. It was a Tom Sawyer book, and I have never read one of his books before. I wasn’t a big fan of reading, but I realized that I would probably be in here very often. I walked over to the other side of the room where a small couch was present.

I went and sat down on the couch, dust flying up as I settled down onto it. I opened the book to the first page and began to read it. That’s when something very strange happened. I heard a book being slammed shut, and I was the only one home. I next heard the shuffling of feet and books being moved around.

I shut my book and raised an eyebrow as I waited to hear another sound. Nothing else happened for a few minutes and I just sat there, waiting. The next thing that I heard shocked, and scared me a little bit. I heard a mumbling noise. I heard a voice, it was barely audible and I had no idea what the voice said, but I heard it.

“Hello?” I called out. I listened very carefully for someone to say something back, but it never did. Instead, there was a light breeze that filled the air around me. I felt like i was suffocating.

I shivered a little bit and I got up and began to walk to the door to go and explore the rest of the house. But I couldn’t do that. The library door was blew shut and all the lights went out. My breath hitched in my throat as I was in complete darkness. Then, I realized something. I was not alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for the comments! sorry it took me so long to update comment and tell me what you think of this and thanks for reading <3