Status: complete <3

Like Ghosts In The Snow

Chapter Four

I have no explanation of what happened that night. I stayed up late most nights, researching and trying to find an answer for what had happened. I had found nothing to blame other than something that had been coming up on almost ever single sight that I had went on. The only thing that seems reasonable is paranormal. 

I thought about it a lot. I thought about it for hours a night as I laid on my mattress in  the attic, starring up at cobwebs that were draped across the ceiling. The only thing that came to mind was, ' There's a ghost in my house,'. But, I knew that it wasn't true. There couldn't be a ghost in my house. So the only other reasonable thought was that I was crazy. 

I have had two encounters with what I expect to be the same person. The first one, in the library. The second one, in the attic. It wasn't as scary as the attic one, but it was so much more real. 

I was sleeping up in the attic, the misfits playing quietly in the background. Everything was calm, calmer than usual. My father was out on a business that week, so things had been going good and I got to go to sleep earlier than usual. 

That's when I got woken up. I didn't know what to think at first, and I was confused as to why my music was now being turned up louder and louder till it was almost blasting. 

I opened my dreary eyes, dazed and confused. My heart nearly stopped. My breath hitched in my throat. I looked across the room by the foot of the mattress. Standing there, nearly three feet away, was a boy. 

I couldn't really make anything out except those hazel eyes of his. In the dim light of the room, they stood out, bright in color and nearly hypnotizing. I laid there and just starred into his eyes. I could honestly say that I was lost in them. But when I looked away I saw the rest of his body, his frail  frame, short in height and sickly looking. But that was all I could really see. There was no detail, nothing but those hazel orbs and that black figure.  Mesmerized by the mysterious thing in front of me, I only just really began to realize  that this was unnatural and that he was not supposed to be here. If he even actually was here and not a figment of my imagination. 

That's when he moved, cocking his head over to the side in a confused manor. I screamed and covered my mouth as I clenched my eyes shut. When I finally opened my eyes, the boy was gone. I haven't seen him since then, but some nights when I just lay here, I swear I can hear his muffled screams coming from the library. 

Right now I was sitting down on my mattress in my attic, starring over at the wall. It wasn't the most fun thing to do on a Friday night, but I had to stay home. My father was still out on his business trip, taking my mother with him. I had to stay home to watch Mikey, but I could swear that he left about thirty minutes ago. 

I sighed and stood up. I walked over to my dresser to grab out a comic book to read. I picked superman, mostly because that's the only one that I haven't read about fifteen times and settled down on my bed. I got half way through the issue before I was interrupted. 

I heard a kind of giggling noise. I cocked my head to the side, and put my comic book down. It sounded so close, yet I couldn't see anyone. 

"Mikey is that you?" I called out as I stood up and walked over to the Stairway that led to the second floor. I opened the latch and began my way down the stairs. 

It was completely dark down there. Not a single light down stairs was on, which concluded my thought about Mikey. But what really confused me was where the giggling was coming from. That's when I heard it again, but this time only a lot louder. I closed my eyes and tried to think the sounds away. 

"Its all in your head." I told myself, shaking my head to try and clear my thoughts. I heard the giggling abruptly stop to a halt. 

"I'm not in your head, silly." I heard a small voice tell me. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I suddenly got a cold chill. 

I slowly turned around and was met with that same pair of hazel eyes. I backed up against the hall way, my hand trailing up the wall for the light switch. Standing there, was the boy that was in my room the other night. But this time, I could actually see him. His skin, an olive color, tattoos across his knuckles that spelled out 'HALLOWEEN'. He had on eye liner and a nose and lip ring, his eyes just as mesmerizing as i last remembered.  He was shorter than me, and a lot more fragile looking, like there wasn't any fat on his bones. His face looked sad. That's the part that got me. He was sad and I didn't know how to act around him. I wanted to help him.     That's when I screamed. 

I screamed because I, for one was in the presence of a ghost. But two, because I wasn't really that scared. The ghost snickered at me before putting 
 a finger to his lips. I automatically went silent. That was when he vanished. I poked around the room, trying to figure out what was going on. 

Normally things like that don't happen out of the blue. But then I realized two things. One, my house was haunted. Two, this ghost boy had some kind of intriguing and mysterious nature, that made me want to learn more about him. That's when I got the idea. I am going to go on a ghost hunt. I need to see that boy again. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! I haven't updated this in a while! I hope you liked this chapter! I'm sorry if its short or there are some mistakes I wrote it on my iPod. But I would love some comments! Thank you to X MCRMY X because she's the one that made me update! Thank you for reading!