Sequel: Once Upon a Time
Status: Active!

Time Will Tell

First Date

“A date?” Kim asks me. “With the guy with the baby?”

“Yeah,” I answer her, focusing on braiding Emma’s hair rather than looking at my sister. I can only imagine what she’s thinking.

“That’s… really dumb,” she says slowly.

“How so?” I demand, still not looking at her.

“Well, honey,” she laughs. “He’s in college, and you’re in high school –”

“That has nothing to do with anything!” I interrupt her.

“Fine, but my other more obvious point is that he has a baby, Teagan. I mean, I just think it’s a really bad decision.”

“You have a baby,” I say like I don’t already realize there’s a big difference.

“I’m twenty-six and I’m married!” she exclaims. “I just wish you’d think rationally for a minute! He has a baby!”

“You already said that!” I exclaim, finally turning to look at her in exasperation.

“Well you don’t seem to realize it yet! He had sex with a girl and got her pregnant, and now he has a baby –”

“I’ve had sex,” I say boldly. “Does that make me a bad person?”

She sighs. “No – I’m not saying he’s a bad person because he had sex – hell, I’m not saying he’s a bad person at all! I’m just saying he has a lot going on right now – babies are a lot of work, I would know, I have one. You’re getting involved in something I’m not sure you know how to deal with. What if you were to fall in love with him? You’re eighteen, you’re young and you’re going to want to be his first priority, and that’s not going to happen – because he has a baby!”

I know he has a baby, alright? So stop telling me! I realize all of this, but you don’t know him. He’s really great, Kim. He’s so great. And he’s having such a hard time, and he’s given up everything for Grace.”

“Honey, I just don’t want you to get hurt.”

“It’s just a date,” I shrug. “It’s really not a big deal. And besides, I’m excited, so as my favorite sister you must not ruin this for me.”

“I’m your only sister, and as your sister I must look out for you.”

“Can’t you be happy for me at the moment?”

She shrugs and then reaches down to pick Emma up. “Wait!” I screech.

“What?!” she asks.

I pull a rubber band from my wrist and use it to tie up her French braid, and then I surrender her to her mother.

Kim just rolls her eyes at me and carries Emma to the kitchen where my mom is fixing dinner, leaving me sitting alone on the living room floor.

My phone buzzes on the coffee table and I reach over and grab it.

Be there in an hour – Noah

I read his text and then grin like an idiot. When I finally force myself out of la la land I realize that I’m still wearing my short shorts, my High school volley ball t-shirt, and my favorite purple knee-high socks.

I jump up and race to my room to change.

*************

The doorbell rings and I eagerly pull it open.

“Hey,” Noah greets me. “You look amazing.”

I blush and smile hugely at him. “Thanks.”

“You’re cute when you blush, too,” he says tentatively.

I laugh. “Okay, awkwardness aside, I’m really excited.”

He chuckles with me and then reaches forward to take my hand and pull me towards his car. It feels nice to finally be on my first date with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! First date! Don't be silent readers! Comment and let me know what you think! And subscribe if you like the story!

Special thanks to my two first commenters and all of y'all who have already subscribed!

Teagan's First Date Outfit