Status: DONE :D

Suicidal Bright Lights

One/Five

Liam looked out the apartment complex window, staring at the sight that lay before him. Countless upon countless buildings, all standing in the exact same way. Upright, still, none different from the others. Sure, he thought to himself, some had different windows, or were compiled of different types of bricks, but they were all the same.

"Liam," his mother called from the other room, trying to grab hold of his attention.

"What is it?" He yelled back, obviously upset that she had made him lose his train of thoughts.

Liam heard the jingling of his mother's car keys as she said, "it's time to go. We're going to be late for your appointment."

Liam sighed. His appointment, was another visit to his therapist, Mrs. Davis. He had been visiting Mrs. Davis since he turned thirteen, when he was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. Right when she found out about her son's disease, Liam's mother made it sure that he would receive proper therapy and medication to keep him in control. "I don't want to go, though," Liam complained to his mother, even though he knew that it would not change her opinion on the matter.

"I don't care," she said flatly. "Now come on, you don't want to be late."

Once again, Liam sighed. He did not care if he were late to his appointment. He did not care if he even went, for that matter. "Where are you going?" Liam heard a smooth voice come around from the other end of the room.

It was Christofer, Liam knew it. He could pin-point his voice from a mile a way. "Go away," Liam ordered. "You're the reason why I'm visiting Mrs. Davis," he told him.

"Now," Christofer began, "you know that isn't true." He laughed an evilly attractive laugh. "It's your fault that you are visiting this therapist of yours, if you hadn't of mentioned me to your mother, then you wouldn't be in this situation."

Liam shoved Christofer. "Just go away!" He shouted.

"Liam," his mother yelled, trying to coax him into the other room once again. "Who are you yelling at?"

"Nobody," he said as he walked into the same room as his mother. "I wasn't yelling at anyone."

"Okay," she sighed. She knew who Liam was yelling at, and she knew that he wasn't really there. "Now let's go," she urged her son, tired of repeating herself. She picked up her purse and key once more, this time getting ready to leave the apartment.

"Fine," Liam knew he wouldn't win. He knew that, at one point in the day or another, he'd have to see Mrs. Davis. He gave up his mental argument, letting the sane side win, and followed his mother out the door.

"Liam, are you really leaving?" Christofer seemed to appear in the back seat of his mother's car as Liam sat in the passenger. Liam didn't want his mother to know that Christofer was with them, so he didn't answer. "Oh, the silent treatment," Christofer said. "Real mature." Liam continued to ignore him, even though the more he talked, the harder it was to pretend that he wasn't there. "Well, I guess I'm just going to wait in the car while you see your therapist lady, because I know that I'm not allowed in." He continued to talk as if everyone was listening, even though he knew that Liam's mother couldn't hear him, and Liam was ignoring him.

When Liam and his mother arrived at Mrs. Davis', Christofer soon disappeared. Feeling glad that he was finally gone for the time being, Liam let a smile sit on his lips for the first time that day.

"Anon," Liam's mother told the receptionist, "Liam Anon."

"Ah! Here you are," the receptionist spoke in a perky tone, obviously not realizing that the people she was speaking to, weren't the happiest of folks. "First door to the right," she pointed. Liam followed her directions while his mother waited in the lobby, picking up a Cosmopolitan to pass the time.

"Hello Liam," Mrs. Davis said as he opened the door that led into her office.

"Hi," he spoke softly. Even after all of the times he'd visited her, it didn't make him any less nervous to be there.

Mrs. Davis grabbed her notepad off of the table that sat beside her and quickly jotted something down. What, Liam did not know, since he had only been in the room for a matter of two seconds. "How has your week been?" She asked, looking up from the paper that she held tightly.

"Good," Liam muttered.

Mrs. Davis continued with questions. "Has Christofer visited at all, these past few days?"

"Nope," Liam hoped that the lie did not show on his face.

Mrs. Davis scribbled something else on her notepad as she smiled and said, "good. So you haven't seen him at all? Do you know where he's been?"

Liam continued to lie. "Nope, haven't seen him at all. I cannot remember where he said he was going, but he said he was going to be gone for a really long time." Liam knew none of that was true, but Mrs. Davis didn't. Mrs. Davis also didn't know that Liam knew he was crazy, he knew that he wasn't supposed to be seeing Christofer.

"Well, I'm glad that things have been going so well for you," Mrs. Davis told him as she tried to fix the bit of her hair that was coming undone out of the bun that lay atop her head.

"Mhm," Liam nodded his head and leaned back on the couch, trying to get comfortable. "What about you?"

Mrs. Davis was taken aback, but answered anyways. "I''m fine, actually. My husband and I just got a new dog. Do you like dogs?" She asked him. Liam nodded. "Well, maybe you should talk to your mother about getting one, a companion to replace Christofer." She said.

He shook his head quickly. "Dogs aren't allowed in my apartment, no pets are." He explained.

"Oh," she said, awkwardly. "Well, I think we're done for today. Good bye, see you soon." Mrs. Davis stood up and reached her hand towards Liam, who cautiously shook her hand back.

"Let's go, mom," Liam said as he left Hell, also known as therapy.

His mother set down the magazine she was reading and quickly followed Liam outside to the care. "How was today?" She asked. But Liam didn't feel like answering, he didn't feel like talking at all, so instead he just sat in silence the whole ride home.
Image

Another new story(: Man, am I on a role or what? :Tehe:
Don't be a silent reader :D
Baii.