Status: DONE :D

Suicidal Bright Lights

Two/Five

Liam sat on the leather couch, channel surfing, while Christofer spoke to him. "How was therapy?" He asked, even though he knew Liam wouldn't answer. "Your so boring sometimes," he told him, upset that Liam wasn't interested in speaking. "What are you planning on watching? Because I do not want to sit here and watch the channel change every two seconds... Seriously." Christofer was rambling, obviously, to get Liam's attention. That was all he wanted, ever, was Liam's attention.

He was seriously getting on Liam's nerves, though, and it was expected when Liam broke down and talked to him. "Damn it! Can't you just leave me alone for once?" he asked. Then, out of pure hatred, he said, "and get off my couch... I don't want you here anymore."

Liam was upset, and Christofer could tell. "Ouch, harsh," he had a look of pretend hurt on his face, acting as if Liam's remark had hurt his feelings. Christofer stood up and walked over to the chair that sat near the couch. "Happy? I moved," he said, still acting upset towards Liam. "Now," he began to say, "what are we doing to do today?"

"We aren't doing anything. I am going to watch TV and relax all day. Feel free to leave anytime." Liam retorted. He was upset at Christofer, not for any real reasons other than being moody.

Christofer frowned and slowly moved back to the couch, next to Liam. "Do you hate me?" He opened his brown eyes wide, puppy dog style, and got as close to Liam as he possibly could without touching him.

Liam moved away a little and muttered a quiet, "yes."

Christofer followed Liam's movements, and was right next to him once again, as close as ever. "Why do you hate me?" He asked.

"Because," Liam continued to flip through the TV channels as he spoke, "you aren't real. You aren't really here. You don't exist. You are simply a figment of my imagination, a hallucination of some sorts, like a mirage."

It hurt Christofer to hear Liam's feelings towards him, because he liked Liam, even if Liam hated him, you could almost say Christofer had a crush on Liam. "But I am real," he told him. "Look," he made Liam look directly at him. "Can you see me?" He asked, and Liam nodded. Christofer then grabbed Liam's hand and asked, "can you feel me holding your hand?" Liam nodded, yes, he could feel him. Christofer then spoke louder, "can you hear me?" He nodded once again, showing that he could, in fact, hear him. "Well than see," Christofer smiled and giggled, "I am real."

Liam thought about the facts for a moment. "But you aren't real to my mother," he told him.

"That doesn't matter, though," Christofer said matter-of-factly. "It doesn't matter if I am real to your mother, it only matters if I'm real to you." He leaned in closer to Liam, their faces merely inches apart. Being that close to anyone made Liam's stomach do flips, but that time was different. That time it wasn't just anyone, it was Christofer. He then giggled and pushed his face hard against Liam's, planting a small kiss on his lips. "You felt that, too?" He giggled. "See, I told you I'm real."

Liam sighed. "Fine, you are real."

"Who are you talking to?" His mother seemed to ask that question whenever she was in the same room as her son, and luckily enough, she walked into the living room right as Liam finished what he was saying. Liam shook his head, telling her that he wasn't speaking to anyone. "Did you take your medicine today?" She asked.

He began to frown as he stood up, walking to his bedroom to grab his meds. Reaching into his dresser, he pushed down the child-proof cap and twisted it until he heard the click that signaled it was open. He popped a little blue pill in his mouth, only taking half of a dose in fear of himself being "out of it" for the whole day, and sat on his bed while his medication set in. The emotions that Christofer had made him feel soon faded, and so did he thought of seeing Christofer in general.

"Feeling better?" His mother asked when Liam came back into the living room. He nodded, he was feeling better in a way, but it wasn't how he wanted to feel. He plopped back on the couch and just sat there, not saying anything. His mother apparently took this as a good sign, her son's lack of communication, it meant that he was normal. That he wasn't seeing things. She could tell people that her son wasn't crazy, which was all she ever wanted.

By the end of the day, Liam was almost back to normal. "Christofer?" He called when he was in his bedroom, that time actually wanting to see the black haired boy.

"Yeah?" He heard Christofer's voice, who was soon siting next to him.

Liam spoke softly, not wanting his mother to hear him talking, "I missed you." Something changed in his emotions from the time of therapy, to the time his medication wore off, his feelings changed towards Christofer.

Christofer giggled and laid back on Liam's bed, relaxing his head gently on the pillow. "Yeah, it did kind of suck having to leave." Then he decided to ask, "why does your mother always make you take those little blue pills?"

Liam thought about it, "you aren't real to her, and she doesn't want you to be real to me... Those pills make you go away."

"Oh," Christofer sighed. He didn't like the thought of leaving Liam, it made him feel unwanted. "Would you ever want to make me leave forever?" Christofer asked.

Liam sighed, he didn't like answering questions, but he did anyways. "I don't think so... Maybe sometimes, but only if I'm mad..." Liam admitted. Liam was mad at Christofer most of the time, but he wouldn't tell him that. He didn't enjoy making people feel bad, even if that person was only real to him.

"Okay," Christofer sighed in relief. "Am I your best friend?" He asked.

"Yeah," Liam said honestly. Christofer really was his best friend. Well, he was his only friend since eighth grade, because nobody else wanted to talk to him. Liam laid next to Christofer, trying to get comfortable in his twin sized bed that was definitely not made for two people.

Christofer moved his arm upwards for Liam to rest his head on. "You comfortable?" He wondered.

"Mhm," Liam smiled. "Very comfortable."

"Good," Christofer said, glad that he was making Liam happy for once. He was always happy when Liam was happy, that was just how it worked.
Image

Next chapter(:
Only three more before the story is over.
Don't be a silent reader!
Baii.