Status: DONE :D

Suicidal Bright Lights

Four/Five

Christofer quickly followed Liam as he began walking down the large, cement apartment steps. "So, where are we going?" Liam asked, unsure of where to turn next.

"Wherever," Christofer replied. "Although, I was thinking about going there," he pointed to an tall abandoned building nearly a mile away.

"Why there?" Liam wondered, even though his feet had already began to carry him in that direction. Christofer just shrugged, not wanting to tell Liam the real reason for going to the building, he didn't feel like telling him yet. It was a secret.

A mile walk felt a lot longer than it actually was to Liam, because of his easily side-tracked mind. One minute he'd stop and stare at the woods near by, and the next minute he'd be crouching down, watching the black and orange Caterpillar scuttle away from him. Walking like that had seemed to make everything go by slower.

Christofer moved towards Liam, grabbing his hand and pulling his attention away from everything that surrounded them. Liam quickly, and nervously, pulled his hand away from Christofer's, "what was that for?" He asked.

"Well... I, um, thought..." Christofer tried to speak, but couldn't get the words to come out of his mouth properly. "I thought we were a- a thing."

"No," Liam said bluntly. He wasn't actually sure if he wanted or didn't want to be a thing with Christofer... How would it have been possible to be like that with someone who was only real to you?

Liam couldn't tell if Christofer sounded upset or not. "So..." He began. "The cuddling?"

"No," Liam repeated.

Christofer sighed as he moved even further away from Liam. He was hurt, he had thought that Liam had liked him the same way. He'd thought wrong. "I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend," Christofer sang to himself. "you could cut ties from all the lies that you've been living in..." He started to smile for no apparent reason, "and if you do not want to see me again, I would understand." To Liam the song meant nothing. To Christofer, though, it had a deep meaning.

"Why are you singing?" Liam asked.

Christofer giggled to himself, "no reason."

"You know, I'm crazy," Liam admitted. "But you're just plain weird."

Christofer laughed a little louder, making his voice echo through the emptiness. "No, I think I'm crazy, too."

When Christofer and Liam finally arrived at the large building, Liam didn't know what to do next, but Christofer did. "We're going to the top," he told Liam.

"Why the top?" Liam asked.

"Because, I have a surprise... But it's all the way up there." Christofer put one hand to his face to shield his eyes from the sunlight, and his other hand was pointing towards the roof of the building that stood in front of them.

"Okay," Liam sighed. From looking at Christofer, he couldn't tell if the surprise was a good one or a bad one. "Is the door locked?" Liam asked, after realizing that they probably wouldn't be allowed to get in to the building that sat in front of them.

"Nope," Christofer said. "I came here earlier today, when you were sleeping, to make sure that it would be unlocked for us to go in." Liam nodded, implying that he'd heard Christofer. Christofer reached forward and opened the large door that led to the stairwell. "After you," Christofer said, holding the door open for Liam. Liam laughed quietly and walked up to the stairs.

"Are you coming?" Liam asked, since he was already ten steps ahead of Christofer.

"Yeah," he said, "I'm coming."

The two boys walked up the dozens of steps, impatient to get to the top. "Christofer," Liam began.

"What?" He looked up at Liam, who was still ahead of him.

"Are you still real to me?" Liam asked. "Because it seems like... You aren't as real anymore."

Christofer sighed. "Yes, I am still real to you. Not to everyone else, but real to you."

"Okay," he said, "good."

When they both reached the top of the building, Liam had an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. "Come her," Christofer walked ahead of Liam to sit on the edge of the building.

Liam, with an intense fear of heights, shook his head no. "I don't want to sit over there, what if I trip?" He asked.

Christofer smiled, "silly, you wouldn't trip. You'd be sitting right next to me. As long as I'm there, you'll be fine." Liam's hands began to shake in fear as he moved closer to the edge, where Christofer was sitting with his legs dangling.

Liam moved down onto his knees to get closer to the ground. "You promise I won't trip?" He whispered as he finally sat next to Christofer.

"Promise," Christofer said as he grabbed Liam's hand to reassure him that he'd be fine. As Liam began to loosen up, he let his legs dangle off of the building, similar to how Christofer was sitting. "Do you wanna play a game?" He asked randomly.

"Sure," Liam said, not actually sure if he wanted to play a game with Christofer.

"It's kind of like Chicken," he told Liam. "We each move closer to the edge, and the first to fall, loses."

Intense fear shot through Liam's body. "That'd kill me!" He yelled.

Christofer looked towards their connected hands. "How do you know? Have you ever jumped off of a building?" He asked.

"No!" Liam yelled. "But that doesn't mean that I don't know what would happen!"

He sighed, "here, do you want me to go first?" Liam looked at Christofer dead in the eyes, his adorable chocolate brown eyes showed no sign of intending on hurting Liam.

"Okay," Liam gave into peer pressure. The only reason he was actually debating on playing was because it was Christofer's idea. Liam didn't know why, but Christofer had an unnatural control on Liam's decisions. There was just something about him... "You go first."

Christofer moved his legs around and got closer to the edge, "see? Nothing." Liam followed suit and moved nearly an inch. "I told you, you are perfectly fine." He moved forward again, showing Liam that no harm would come.

"Christofer," Liam whimpered, while gripping tight onto his hand. "I'm scared, I don't want to go any further."

Christofer turned his head to look at Liam through his black hair with his large brown, doe eyes. "It's now or never, babe, there is no next time." Again, with Christofer and the pet name, but that time Liam didn't feel anything.

Liam moved his free hand up to nervously brush his soft brown hair out of his eyes. "B- but what if I want to stop? Or if I trip?" He asked, an honest tone of worry in his voice.

"Well, by then it'll be too late."
Image

Almost done(:
This chapter is probably really confusing... I'm sorry.
Please don't be a silent reader!
Baii!