Status: Comment/Subscribe

Would You Destroy Something Perfect, in Order to Make It Beautiful?

Bought and Sold

It suddenly hit me that I was killing him. I let go and went back to my spot. I couldn’t believe I’d almost killed a man. Ditzy laid on his back, gasping for air. After a few minutes he sat up. His neck was red from my hands.

“I’m so sorry Ditzy,” I croaked out. “I cant believe I just did that.”

“It’s Randy,” he said in a hoarse voice. I bit my lip, not knowing what to say.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered again. I cant believe I tried doing that.

“I’m going to go. Not because of what you did, but because my shift is over,” he said. “Do you want me to leave the food?”

“No, take it,” I said, shaking my head. He stood up with the tray of food and left. I walked over to the small window on the other side of the room and sat in front of it.

The weather was grey and gloomy, but not rainy. I sat, pulling my legs to my chest, watching the cars on the bridge, clear across town. They looked like organized beetles, minding their own business.

As I sat there, I reflected on my life. I though about what was going on right now. Last night, Jack had shown me that he could be human, he showed me that he wasn’t entirely crazy. From 5 years of schooling, I concluded that insanity cant be cured, but it can be tamed. I can tame Joker. I can turn him into Jack in 10 minutes, just by having a normal conversation with him.

Maybe I’m his cure. A shot of me a day could keep him sane. We could run away, live a regular life with regular jobs. But jack isn’t normal, and neither am I. Could we really get away with it? Maybe we could steal enough money to pay a great doctor to fix his scars, so on one would recognize him.

Would Jack want that though? Would he ever want to give up this life style? I worry about him every day being out there with Mobsters and Batman too. One wrong move, one wrong word, and he could be dead. I guess that’s why he wants me up here, to protect me. One wrong thing and I could get hurt too. I’m not just any girl, I’m Joker’s girl.

I reached up and opened the window to get a breeze in the stuffy room. I resumed my position and closed my eyes. A few minutes later I heard the door open slowly, but I ignored it, thinking it was the next goon coming to check on me.

“Doll?” I heard Joker say.

“Hmm?” I asked, keeping my eyes closed.

“I require your presence downstairs,” he implied. I opened my eyes and turned around, seeing a giant and buff thug holding a gun to Joker’s head. My eyes went wide. The man had a root and a half on Joker and he looked like a body builder.

I scrambled off the floor to my feet. “What’s going on?”

“Don’t talk,” the man threatened. “Go first,” he instructed. I walked down to the kitchen but didn’t see anyone.

“Meeting room, Doll,” Joker said in his hysterically high voice. I walked to the meeting room and saw Maroni, one of the top Mob dealers, sitting at the table, surrounded by his men and Joker’s men. I then realized that guns were being pointed at Joker’s men. This is a perfect example of what could happen when I said Joker could make one wrong move or word.

“What’s going on?” I asked. Joker broke out into a fit of laughter, causing the thug next to me to drive the gun harder into his skull.

“She’s perfect. Where have you been hiding her all these years?” Maroni asked with a smug smirk. Joker stayed quiet but his smile stayed on his face. “So, we agreed to 1 year then?”

“Fuck you!” Joker spat.

“That’s a yes then?” Maroni chuckled.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Joker’s selling you to us. For sex. He’s had you for awhile, time for him to learn how to share,” Maroni declared, standing up. I felt my heart sink. I couldn’t believe my ears. Why would he sell me to the biggest Mobster to be a sex slave!? Everything he told me last night was through out the window. He didn’t care, anyone could see that right now. I glared at the man I thought I knew, I was ready to tear him apart, limb from limb.

I felt a strong hand on my arm that started dragging me out of the room. I couldn’t even look at Joker as I left the room. I felt so betrayed my the man I loved. How stupid of me to think The Clown Prince of Gotham could ever be capable of love. He was too hateful for that.

The man took me out to a car and threw me in. I hit my head against the back of the seats as he shut the door. A part of me wanted to cry, but I didn’t. a part of me knew all along that something like this would happen eventually. I knew he’d eventually get bored of me and sell me. The door opened again and the last think I saw was the man hitting me over the head with a glass bottle.

I woke up in a cold, dark room. I was on my stomach, laying on cold concrete. I sat up, and tried to cross my legs but my left leg wouldn’t move. I reached down and felt a chain around my ankle. Maybe I made a mistake leaving Bruce. I know he would never sell me to Maroni, no matter what. Just thinking about my situation frustrated me.

A light flicked on above me. I covered my face, blinking, trying to get used to the light. I looked around and saw concrete walls, concrete floors and a door in front of me.

All I could think of was that I was going to die here. They were going to rape me, torture me, and I’m going to die. How could Joker do this to me?

The door jerked open and I saw Chess. “Doll? What the hell?” he asked.

“You have to get me out of here. Please,” I begged. He walked over to me and squatted in front of me.

“I cant. But I have to bring you Maroni,” he croaked as he unlocked my chain.

“Please, I cant go through with this,” I cried. Chess ignored me and pulled me off the ground. He led me out of the cell to a small hallway and into a living room where Maroni sat, smoking and drinking with other thugs.

“Hello Doll,” Maroni smirked. I shuddered at the though of his old, ugly fingers touching me. He was old enough to be my father. “Come sit,” he gestured, patting the seat next to him. I sat down next to him, but as far away as I could. I felt my palms getting sweaty and I couldn’t move, I felt paralyzed. “You feeling okay?” he asked in my ear, goose bumps ran through my body. I shook my head. “Well, maybe next time Joker will pay me back,” he laughed. This was all because Joker didn’t pay him back? Did that mean he really didn’t want to sell me? I was interrupted when the Mob dealer placed his hand on my leg, rubbing it lightly.

“Sir, he’s here,” a goon said, coming into the room. Maroni let out a cough as the guy left.

“Well Doll, looks like we’ll have to do this later,” he mumbled. Maroni stood up, leaving the room with the other thugs following behind him. Chess ran in the room, pausing a few feet in front of me.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“I want to go back to the… the warehouse. But I don’t want to see Joker. He’s hurt me so bad. I just don’t want to deal with him. But I don’t want to be Maroni’s sex toy,” I cried. “I’m still a virgin,” I whispered, crying harder. All my emotions from the last 48 hours could no longer be suppressed. Chess stood there, looking clueless. Had he never seen a hysterical woman? Probably not, I thought to myself. I didn’t care about Chess seeing me in such a state, I just couldn’t hold it all in anymore.

“Doll, I have to take you back to your cell,” Chess whispered. He pulled me up and half dragged me to the cell. He set me on the ground softly and chained me up. He apologized and left me there alone.

I laid down on my side and curled up in the fetal position. I hugged my knees to my chest, terrified of what was going to happen later.

I had fallen asleep waiting for the Mobster to come back and deflower me. The sound of the cell door opening woke me up with a start. I couldn’t see his face but a man pulled a black bag over my face. I heard a loud bang as the stranger broke the chain that bound me. The man started to run, dragging me alongside of him. I tried to catch up with him, but soon I was out of breath.

He suddenly stopped running. I heard the sound of a car door opening as he picked me up and placed me on a leather seat. I had no idea what was going on, but for some reason I wasn’t panicking. I wasn’t even scared. I felt him cuff my hands together, pinching my skin with the cold metal. I focused on my breathing and felt a calmness consume me. I heard the car start, and felt the car move.

The bag was still over my head, and it smelled like old potatoes, and rust. When the car came to a stop and the engine cut, I was pulled out of the car. A strong hand wrapped around my arm and led me away. The person stopped and ripped the bag away from my head. The light shocked me, so after several seconds of blinking, I looked around. I recognized where I was at once. I was at the warehouse. I stood still, speechless with my hands still binded in front of me. The man appeared in front of me and uncuffed me. I stood there, unsure of what to do. Why would Joker sell me just to kidnap me from the people he sold me to?

I marched into the living room to see most of the goons watching TV. “Where’s Joker?” I demanded.

“Meeting room,” one said, casually. I ran in the opposite direction, towards the meeting room. The door was cracked open, and I could see Joker looking out the window.

“What the hell is going on?” I asked, barging through the door.

“Hello toots,” he mused. He turned around, looking at me.

“What did you do? What happened the other day? Did the other night mean nothing to you? Was it all a big joke?” I yelled. He dropped his gaze and took a seat.

“I meant everything I said to you that night Lillee. I didn’t have the money to pay Maroni back, so they came over to ‘talk’. they pinned me down, said that they were going to take you. I told them no, that they could have all my goons before they took you, but they brought out their stupid little guns.

“I couldn’t do anything, except watch them take you away. He was going to use you for sex, and treat you like trash. It infuriated me to no end. So I stole you back,” he explained, making his way over to me. He stopped when he was a few inches away from me. He reached up, placing his hand on my cheek. “I hope you will forgive me,” he whispered and leaned in, placing his soft lips on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy late Thanksgiving :)
I'm at my second feast right now with my moms side of the family :)
Did anyone go Black Friday shopping?
You crazy motherfuckers. haha.
Comments? Does this seriously suck that much?!
XOXO
Joker <3