Status: Comment/Subscribe

Would You Destroy Something Perfect, in Order to Make It Beautiful?

The End Is Never Really The End

“Why is Bruce here?” I asked, pinning him to the bed. Joker blinked a few times, trying to regain his senses.

“What are you talking about, toots?” he asked.

“Batman. He’s in the spare room. Why?” I demanded.

“I found him, we took him. I wont kill him, that isn’t my intention. No. I just want to show him who really runs this town,” he assured me. I shot off of him and stopped in the middle of the room, giving him a disgusted look.

“That’s so… you’re so stupid. He’s going to know where this place is and come back,” I fretted.

“No he wont. We knocked him out and he woke up in there. He has no idea where he is. Did he see you?” he asked, sitting up.

“No. I cant…” I groaned, pacing the room. I couldn’t believe Joker was doing this to him. At least Batman hadn’t captured Joker. Even though I was with Joker, didn’t mean that I still didn’t care about Bruce. We weren’t together, but he’s still done so much for me and doesn’t deserve this.

“I think we should leave,” I blurted. I stopped pacing and faced Jack who was still in bed. He got out and walked over to the window. I watched him look out into the dark abyss of the night.

“We’ll leave tomorrow night,” he said.

“And you’re letting Bruce free,” I demanded. Jack looked over at me and his eyes narrowed. I crossed my arms and gave him a hard look. He let out a frustrated sigh.

“Fine. Can we go back to sleep?” he asked. I nodded and we returned to bed. Jack wrapped him arms around me and we fell asleep.

Jack shook me awake the next morning. I groaned, not wanting to get up.

“Come one Lillee, we had to pack,” he said. I opened my eyes and was shocked to see him without his makeup and green hair. My hand went up to his face and I stroked it lightly.

“I like you better without that shit,” I whispered.

“But the paint helped win you over,” he joked.

“Only a little,” I giggled. He leaned down and kissed me.

“I found some bags. Pack clothes and other things you think we need. I’m going to go pack guns and such,” he started to move away from me.

“Have the goons seen you like this?” I asked, sitting up.

“No, I sent them out to rob a bank for us. When they get back, I’m going to kill them,” he told me.

“What about Bruce?” I asked, not really caring about the goons.

“You’re going to let him go after. I killed everyone.”

“How do you expect me to do that?” I asked. Jack shrugged and left. I groaned and went to the bathroom to shower.

When I was done, I started to pack the clothes we had. I looked in the closet and saw three purple suits. I pushed them to the back to leave there. Wherever we’re going I only want it to be Jack and Lillee. I don’t want it to be Joker and Doll. I want Joker to die here. Of course his mental condition will always be there, but with my schooling, I can at least keep an eye on him.

As I packed the last of the clothes and other things, I heard gunshots going off. The sound rang through the warehouse, shaking the walls. I finished packing and cautiously made my way down stairs. I saw eight bodies lying on the floor in a puddle of blood. I saw Jack at the kitchen table, mauling over guns, explosions, and fun toys Joker loves.

“I finished packing,” I announced.

“We’ll leave in two hours,” he said.

“How much did they steal?” I asked, walked around to face him.

“I’m not sure, they got six duffle bags,” he told me.

“When should I let Bruce go?” I asked.

“After you help me count the money,” he answered and walked into the living room. “Grab a bag,” he ordered. An hour and a half later, we finished counting the six million dollars the goons stole.

“I’m going to go load this in the van, you let Brucie free. Let him know that if he comes after us, I’ll kill him,” he warned.

“Okay, Jack,” I smiled. He smiled back and kissed me. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he replied and kissed me again. I turned and went up the stairs. I could hear my hear pounding in my ears, and I felt sick to my stomach. I didn’t have a plan going into the room, I guess I would just wing it.

I opened the door and turned the lights on. I saw Bruce’s beaten body tied to the chair. It looked like he was barely breathing. It broke my heart to see Gotham’s hero so bruised, so beaten, so… broken. I walked behind him and tore the bag off his head.

“Bruce’s hair looked greasy and messing and I could see dirt in some of his wounds. I walked in front of him and crouched down. So my eyes were level with his.

“Lillee?” he asked, his voice raspy and weak.

“Hey,” I cooed.

“You kidnapped me?”

“No. Long story short: Joker ran our of money, so Maroni kidnapped me. While I was gone, Joker got you and then kidnapped me back,” I said, realizing how ridiculous the whole this sounded.

“If you stayed with me, none of that would’ve ever happed. I’d never let anything or anyone hurt you,” Bruce told me.

“I’d rather have adventure in my life then sit at home and be Bruce Wayne’s trophy wife,” I shot back.

“So? I’ll treat you better than the clown. He’s only capable of killing and destruction,” he cried. Bruce was panting, struggling for breath. He probably hasn’t eaten in days.

“I don’t care Bruce. I love him more than I could ever love you. You will never understand our relationship,” I explained, shaking my head. “But I’m going to let you go. Joker says if you follow us, he’s going to kill you. We’re running away. Out of your life and out of Gotham’s. We’re going to start over and hopefully I can cure him.”

“He’s not curable,” Bruce whispered. I shook my head and started to untie him. When I finished, Bruce stood up, grabbed my face and kissed me with more passion he ever has before. I pushed him away immediately.

“It didn’t work last time, why did you think it would this time?” I asked.

“I love you,” he said sincerely, not taken aback by my outright rejection.

“Bruce-” he cut me off with a kiss. He held me there. I was unable to move away. Even though he was weak, I still couldn’t push him away. I heard footsteps and I knew Jack was coming. I tried harder to push Bruce away, but he wouldn’t budge.

“What the hell?” I heard Jack hiss. Bruce finally pulled away and I saw a smirk on his face. This was exactly what Bruce wanted to happen.

“She chose me,” he said, the grin widening on his face.

“What!?” Jack and I both exclaimed in unison. I could see the wheels turning as I saw Jack transform back into Joker.

“He’s lying! Jack I love you! I choose you! That’s why I’m running away with you. I want to be with you forever,” I screamed, trying to get him to understand. Joker walked over to us. I stood, shaking with fear as he punched Bruce and grabbed my wrist, dragging me downstairs. I could hear him mumbling to himself.

“I cant believe you!” he exclaimed.

“He forced himself onto me!” I shouted.

“I fell for it the first time, you bitch,” he growled and backhanded me across the face. I stumbled back in shock. “Fool me one, I let it fly. Fool me twice, its time to die,” he sang. Joker pulled a switchblade out of his pocket and reached out to me. I could feel sweat form on my forehead, my nerves electrifying. I leaned out of his reach but he snatched at me again, grabbing behind my neck.

“Jack! Jack Napier! Calm down! Please! Jack I know you’re in there! Please listen to me!” I shouted. I wanted to shake him but his grip restrained me form movement.

“Jack is dead! He’s always been dead and I’ll always be Joker. The Clown Prince of Gotham City!” he roared in a voice I didn’t recognize.

“Jack! I love you!” I tried. I thought I saw his eyes soften, but then I felt a sharp pain in my side. I gasped and looked down to see a knife jabbed in my side.

Joker stabbed me. It almost didn’t hut, until he pulled the knife out and stabbed my gut. I gasped in pain as Joker let out a blood curdling laugh. I couldn’t breathe, as the pain shot through my entire body.

“Jack, please,” I begged. “Jack…”

“The only reasonable way to live in this world is without you,” he replied coldly and sliced my neck with the blade. I fell to the ground in what seemed like slow motion. I closed my eyes, hoping to wake up from this nightmare, but I couldn’t open them again, and everything went black.

I saw a bright light though. It was so bright that I wanted to shield my eyes from it, but my arms were too heavy. The light got dimmer as I saw three figures. I couldn’t tell what they were at first, but after they got closer, I saw that it was my parents and brother. They have come to see me into the afterlife. This must mean what I think it did. My time had come.

Murdered by my own lover.
♠ ♠ ♠
I soooo lieed.
There is one more chapter :(
It was like, 15 pages in my notebook, but when i type it, it turns into like, 8 pages, and I use 5-8 typed pages in a chapter, although this is short.
But I hope you like it
xOxOX
J