Status: Comment/Subscribe

Would You Destroy Something Perfect, in Order to Make It Beautiful?

Explosions + Death = Love

“Boss! It’s 11:30,” Darrel called from across the way. Jack got up, I could see his face darkening. He was turning into his Joker persona.

“What goes down at 11:30?” I asked.

“Finale meeting,” he said in a high voice. I followed him into the meeting room where the goons were. “Good morning. Excited about this afternoon I’m hoping,” he laughed. “I want you to make me an extra remote.”

“What? Why?” Jake asked. I was starting to dislike him and how stupid he was.

“Because, I, uh, said so,” he growled.

“You don’t trust us?” Rainy asked.

“No,” he said bluntly. There was whispering until Joker slammed his hand on the table. “Go make them you nimrods,” he said and everyone left in a pissy mood.

“What was that about?” I asked.

“You cant trust anyone anymore Lils,” he said, and started heading to the door.

“You can trust me,” I said, chasing after him.

“I like to believe that I can,” he sighed. We were walking side by side now.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I shot.

“You’re either the worlds worst liar, or I’m getting good at being able to tell. Whatever you did last night with Bruce was a lie,” he said. We reached the stairs and I followed him up to his room.

“Jack,” I said softly when we got in his dark room. “I just went to dinner with him as friends. Yesterday I assumed it was a business meeting. Last night on the way he said it would just b us. I didn’t know how you would-” he was pissed halfway through my talk. He threw the TV off the chest of drawers, and it landed on the floor, the chest followed. “-react. Jack!” I said loudly. I touched his shoulder to stop him. He spun around, grabbed the back of my head and whipped out his knife.

He held the knife up to me, his eyes twinkling. He stuck the knife in my mouth, to the corner of my mouth.

“Lillee, sh sh shhhh. Lillee, doll. You know how much I hate liars…” believe it or not, this isn’t the first time he’s held me at knife point like this. “Wanna, wanna know how I got these scars?” he started laughing hysterically. I almost thought he wasn’t going to stop until he started to calm down. “I don’t need to tell you. You were there,” he laughed again. “I… you…” he couldn’t stop.

“Jack,” I said. He stopped immediately and looked at me. “I-”

“You know, this is twice you’ve pissed me off today. Three counting yesterday,” he said. “What’s gotten into you? See, this is why I don’t plan. It makes people go crazy. And I know crazy,” he took the knife out of my mouth and let me go. He took a step back, but I plunged after him and gave him a hug.

“Super villains need hugs and love too,” I said into his shoulder.

“We aren’t worth it,” he growled. When he realized that I wasn’t letting go, he hugged me, causing me to hug him tighter. “Lillee,” he groaned.

“No Jack. You obviously haven’t gotten your dosage of love these last few days,” I said.

“I just said-”

“You might be a super villain,” I said, pulled back, “But you will always be the Jack I met in 10th grade,” I told him. He rolled his brown eyes, but I saw a smile form with his eternal smile. The scars that brought back too many bad memories.

“I hate you sometimes,” he whispered.

“Why?” I frowned. My hands were still on his shoulders and his hands were still on my hips.

“Because you remind me of things. You make me sane. You are able to take me from being the Joker to…to…this in 5 minutes,” he said.

“Just imagine if I wasn’t here, how crazy you’d have made Gotham,” I laughed.

“Maybe you should stick to your day job and stop coming around here,” he joked.

“I’m fine. You got to keep your humanity somehow,” I giggled. He ‘hmpfed’ and we let go.

“Lets get ready for this afternoon, toots,” he said.

We were on our way to the police station and the other 3 groups were on their way. We didn’t have a plan on how to get it and we had no idea how we were going to blow the building up. Before we left the warehouse, Jack told me we were going to wait until the other three places blew before we blew the station up. He said it was because he wanted to keep the commissioner alive.

We parked across the street by 2:55, and watched the building. The wheels in my brain were turning, but they weren’t producing anything useful. I didn’t know how to get the bomb in.

“Lunch box!” I said.

“What?” he asked.

“I’ll got distract that guy over there, and you put the bomb in the lunch box. He’s wearing a police suit. Go,” I said. I had to get to him before he got in. “Sir!” I called. I ran over to him, starting to cry and when I got to him, I started to tug on his arms.

“What is it ma’am?” he asked, dropping his lunch box. Bingo! I was so happy, it made me cry more.

“I…She… My mother, she-she’s gone crazy. She’s been drinking more,” I saw Joker approaching behind him.

“What do you mean? Do you need help?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I just needed to get out of there,” I stopped crying after Joker had gotten the bomb in and was shuffling back to the van. “I’m fine. I’m sorry for this. I just needed air,” I said. The cop gave me a weird look. I knew that he wanted to say something mean to me, but he just left.

I walked back to the van and got in. Jack took off and went around the block. A few buildings over, there was an abandoned building that I saw him driving to. He parked and got out. I followed and we took a quiet walk to up to the top of the building. So that we could watch the fireworks.

“You’re welcome by the way,” I said.

“What?” he asked, looking at me.

“For getting the bomb in,” I answered, giggling.

“Oh, thanks,” he mumbled. I knew he was mad that he wasn’t the one to come up with the plan. “What’s the time?”

“Uh, 3:28,” I said, looking at my phone. He started laughing. He had a small bag with him, that held the other remotes to the other buildings. He handed me two; the hospital and school. He had the back and ours.

I checked my phone again: 3:29. A few seconds later, 2 explosions occurred. The hospital and the bank.

“School, do the school,” Joker growled. I turned the key and the school exploded. I don’t know why I found simple pleasure in that, but started laughing and Joker joined me.

I checked my phone, waiting for it to be 3:35. Joker was watching the station as police cars were leaving.

“He left. Blow…boom…fire…Boom!” he yelled, hitting the button. The building blew up, pieces of debris flying everywhere. People on the streets were running and screaming, as glass from the windows went everywhere. “Lets go, doll,” he said and started for the exit. I ran after him and we got down to the ground floor and got in the van, speeding back to the warehouse.

When we got back, Darrel was watching TV and there were two goons in the kitchen. Joker was mumbling something as he went over to the TV. He changed it to the news but there was nothing about what we just did yet.

“Why did you wait, Boss?” Darrel asked.

“I wanted to keep the commissioner alive,” Joker mumbled. At 5:30, on GCN, the building explosions were being discussed. And the suspect? Joker. We all broke into laughter. Unfortunately, only 8 cops died in the station. Others were office workers and detectives. Over 8,000 people died from all 4 buildings.

“Sunny, take Lillee to the penthouse so she can change,” Joker barked. Sunny scrambled up and ran to the garage. “Be ready by 7. I’ll have someone else pick you up,” Joker said to me. I grabbed his arm and dragged him up with me as I stood. I pulled him away from where the goons were and stopped.

“What should I wear?” I asked. He shrugged.

“A dress.”

“Will you take you’re makeup off?” I asked.

“It’s war paint,” he growled. “And no.”

“Then I’m not wearing a dress,” I said simply. He groaned.

“Fine. You win,” he looked away. I giggled.

“Bye Jack,” I said, walking outside.

“Bye Lils,” I heard. I left the warehouse and got in the black, windowless van. Sunny had it running, and when I got in, he started to pull out.

“How do we get there?” he asked in a gruff voice.

“Take a left at Rownton,” I started. The ride was quiet, except for when I told him how to get back to the penthouse. When he got there, he slammed on the breaks, making me jolt in my seat.

“Nice driving,” I said sarcastically.

“Tip?” he asked, holding out his hand.

“Talk to Joker about that,” I laughed, getting out. I walked to the building, and took the elevator up to the penthouse.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love commenters and sumscribers.
And not much else to say <3
But comment. And Subscrobe.
Or Joker will blow you up :3