Status: Comment/Subscribe

Would You Destroy Something Perfect, in Order to Make It Beautiful?

First Kisses Are Like Fresh Picked Lily's

Bruce wasn’t home so I went to my room and changed into my purple dress. I put my hair into a messy bun and put makeup on. When I was don’t, it was just barely 6:30, so I still had half an hour, but I knew it’d take half an hour for the goons to pick me back up, so I went to the living room and watched TV to wait.

At 6:50, I took the elevator down to the lobby and went outside. I waited a few minutes until I saw a black van, and Darrel stuck his head out the window. I smiled and ran over to the van and got in.

“Hey Darrel,” I smiled. Darrel was a nice guy, despite the fact that he worked for Joker. He was good with bombs so I guess that’s why he stuck around.

“Hey Lillee,” he said, pulling onto the street.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Surprise,” he said.

“I hate surprises,” I groaned, throwing my head back. Darrel let out a short chuckle.

“I know, but I’m just following Joker’s orders,” he shrugged.

“Are you staying with us?”

“No, I’m having dinner with the wife,” he said and took a left.

“Should I be worried about dinner?” I asked.

“It’s the Joker,” he said slowly. I rolled my eyes and he parked outside an abandoned building. “He wants you on the roof.”

“Is this some kind of joke?” I asked. Darrel just looked at me like I was stupid. I got out of the car and walked in. I took the old elevator up to the top floor.

After some looking around I saw the door that said ‘Roof’ and went through. There were stairs that I walked up. When I got to the roof, I saw a man I almost didn’t recognize. He was wearing a black suit that looked brand new, and a size too bug. His curly hair was slicked back, and still a blond green mixture. He didn’t have any war paint on, and I could hardly see his everlasting smile.

He looked like my old Jack. I smiled as I walked up to him. He smiled back and pulled me into a hug. He didn’t say anything as I pulled away and walked over to a small table with two chairs and he pulled one out for me. I say down quickly and Jack followed suit.

“So, this is nice,” I said. Jack nodded but he seemed to be distracted. There was nothing on the table, but after a moment, some goon came out of the door with a tray of food.

“Took you long enough,” Jack growled. The guy didn’t say anything as he placed a plate of food in front of us, and then some water. Jack waved him off and he ran away.

“Even without the getup, you’re still feared,” I said. Jack grinned.

“I know, its great. How’s the food?” he asked. I took a bite of chicken and nodded.

“It’s great. Why isn’t anyone else here? We aren’t the only people that pulled this off,” I said.

“I don’t like their presence. I cant stand them you…you’re my oldest friend. I lo-like you. You get me,” he said.

“You’re so good with words,” I said in a cocky manner.

“Lillee-”

“Joking! C’mon, cant take a joke, Joker?” I asked. He sighed.

“Sorry. You know that I hate it when people do that to me,” he told me.

“I know, that’s why I do it,” I said. Jack rolled his eyes and we continues eating in silence.

“I want you to leave Bruce,” he said. I almost choked on my food.

“What?” I asked.

“I don’t want you around him anymore. I want you aren’t the warehouse more. I hate my goons, I cant be myself around them, but you… Lillee, I can be this,” he gestured to himself. “I like how I feel when I’m around you.”

“Jack,” I whispered. “I cant do that. Even if I stopped working for him, he’d still want to be friends with me. I cant just disappear off the face of the earth to him,” I said, sighing. “If I could, I would,” I finished. He sighed and looked down at his plate.

“I could kill him,” he said in a low whisper.

“No!” I exclaimed.

“Why not? Who do you like more Lillee? Maybe you should get your priorities in order,” he snapped back.

“Jack, if you were really my friend, you’d accept that I have a loyalty to you and to Bruce. You just have to get over it and respect it,” I snapped. Jack glared at his plate.

“Are you going to work for him for forever?” he asked.

“No,” I said.

“Just think of how much trouble we could get into if you were here full time,”

“Jack-”

“Sh sh shhh. I’m not asking for an answer now. Just think about it,” he said.

“Don’t be pissed if my answer is a ‘no’,” I said.

“Fine,” he didn’t look amused. “Fire…Fireworks… eight…” he was muttering, checking his phone. “Get up,” he said. I got up without questions and he held out his hand.

I took it and he led me to the other side of the roof. Jack squeezed my hands and was mumbling to himself. I was so used to him doing that, it didn’t bother me. I was about to ask what we were supposed to be doing, when fireworks started to go off over the other side of the river.

“This is great!” I giggled.

“And you know the best part?” I looked at him and shook my head. He grinned and pointed back at the building. “Watch,” I turned back and watched as a giant building blew up and more fireworks exploded in the air. I started laughing until Jack said four heart wrenching words, “There goes Wayne Enterprises,” I stopped laughing and turned to him.

“What?”

“I-I just blew up Wayne Enterprises!” he started laughing harder. My hear was racing. I hoped with every cell in my body Bruce wasn’t in there.

“Jack, that’s not funny!” I said angrily.

“Why not?” he asked.

“What if you killed Bruce?” I asked in a loud voice.

“When its random civilians, no one cares. When-When its Wayne Enterprises, everyone listens. Everyone cares,” he said. I sighed, shaking it off, hoping that was all of tonight’s entertainment.

“I guess you’re right,” I said, trying to go with it. He smiled and grabbed my hand and started to drag me away. He led me off the roof and down the elevator. When we got off, my phone went off. It was a text from Bruce.

Where r u?

I texted back that I was running errands. When Jack started the van and pulled onto the road, I received another text;

I’m at Cave. Come when done

“Drive me back to the penthouse,” I said, replying to Bruce’s text.

“I though you could stay at the warehouse tonight,” Jack said softly.

“Maybe another night. Bruce wants me home,” I said. I heard Jack growl. “Sorry,” I said. He didn’t say anything but drove me home.

When we got there, he parked across the street and we sat in silence.

“Thanks for dinner and the show. It was fun and nice to see you look normal,” I claimed.

“Don’t get used to it. I feel naked,” he said. I shrugged. I leaned over and kissed his scar and got out.

“Bye Jack!” I called. I saw him wave as I crossed the street.

I got up to the penthouse and ran to my room, throwing on sweatpants and a t-shirt. As I ran to get the keys to one of the cars, I grabbed a sweater. I went down to the lobby and to Bruce’s private garage. I got in the Firebird and raced over to the Bat Cave. I got there in 15 minutes and I parked the car behind the storage container. I unlocked the giant pad lock and stepped in. The floor started to go down and I saw white luminous tiles and soon came in view of the whole flat. I saw the back of Bruce, sitting in front of computer screens. I jumped the last few feet off the platform and ran to him, throwing my arms around him.

“I’m so glad you’re okay,” I said. He removed my arms and turned around to face me.

“I’m glad you’re okay too,” he said, wrapping his arms around me.

“How long have you been here?” I asked.

“Almost an hour,” he said. I let out a breath I didn’t think I had in my lungs.

“So you weren’t at Wayne Enterprises,” I said. Bruce let me go and gave me a look.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Didn’t you hear?” I asked. He shook his head. “Its gone. Someone blew it up,” I whispered. He turned to his computer and brought up the news. We watched as the reporter was scared to be around the burns site.

The reporter talked about the other buildings and showed footage of the buildings. It was shocking to see it from a normal point of view.

“I knew that bastard was planning something big,” Bruce said under his breath. He shot up and started to storm over to his Bat suit.

“Bruce-”

“Lillee, I have to find him and bring him down. What if he blows up another building? I want you to stay here. Don’t leave, please,” he started putting the suit on. I had to help him. When all he had left was his mask, he turned to me and kissed me on my lips.

Even though it caught me off guard, I didn’t hesitate to kiss back. I had waited so many years to kiss him, and it was wonderful. His lips followed mine in a sweet dance.

When he pulled away he have me a soft smile, his eyes looked like they were shining brightly.

“Be careful,” I said.

“I will, stay here,” he said, putting his mask on. He sauntered over to his Bat Mobile and didn’t say another word as he left.

As soon as I was alone, I pulled out my phone and called Jack.

“What-tah?” he growled on the other side.

“He’s coming for you!” I exclaimed.

“Who?” he asked.

“Batman!” I yelled.

“How do you know?” he snapped. Wait, how did I know?

“I… uh… I ran into him,” I said.

“You’re lying,” he sang.

“It doesn’t matter how I know! Just get out of there! Hide! Do something!” I was freaking out.

“I’ll believe it when I see it,” he said in a calm voice and hung up. I screamed. I wanted to throw my phone, but I knew that would be a bad idea. I sat on the stool in front of the computers and watched the news. They kept showing footage from the earlier explosions. I watched as Commissioner Gordon pushed past the media, ignoring all the questions to get to his car.

After a while, the footage got too horrific so I changed the channel to cartoons.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bum bum bum bum bum bummm. 4th update in the last 24 hours @ 3@
I would appreciate comments and more subscribers. And everyone that reads and loves, I love.
I love you.

Creepy?
Yes I am :)