Good Love Will Find Me

It's time that I learn the truth.

"Your friends are such horrid people," Allison muttered to John in the car.

He pretended he didn't hear her. In truth, John was still in a daze from what Natalie had almost done in his room.

In that moment, he wanted nothing more than to kiss her. He wanted to kiss her more than once. He wanted to be able to run his hands all over her body, wherever and whenever he wanted to.

But she had walked away. Natalie always walked away. John knew she wanted him too, but there were so many things holding him back.

"My friends are the best people you'll ever meet. You're the horrid one."

She just scoffed and kept driving. John sighed, reaching for his phone as it buzzed with a new text.

It was Kennedy asking him if what Natalie told him was true. Did he really kiss her?

John made a new message, one for Natalie. "I'm sorry I almost kissed you. I shouldn't have done that."

As Allison turned the radio on to some Top 40 station, his phone buzzed once more, this time with a text from Natalie.

All it said was, "I really hope you're happy, John. That's all I want. I'm sorry too."

It seemed that Natalie had already moved on, and rightfully so. She didn't need someone who messed everything up, someone who dated other girls after sleeping with her. Natalie deserved better than John, and he hoped that someday, that was what she would get.

• • •

Natalie walked up the pathway, leading to the apartment building she remembered as Allison's. She had heard John was living there for now, and she needed to drop off some of his things.

She wanted to be done with him. The way she sought after him was childish, and after the almost kiss, she finally felt she had control of the situation. She had the upper hand and could do as she pleased. And what she wanted was to move on.

Her knuckles rapped on door 216, and her heart seemed to want to beat straight out of her chest. Her stomach churned at the thought of seeing him again, especially after the almost kiss.

She was afraid her nervousness would give her away and she would lose the control she had worked to get.

But when five minutes passed without a single noise from behind the door, she placed her hand on the handle and turned it.

Surprisingly, it twisted open with ease and she stepped in, quietly.

"John? I um, I have some of your stuff and I figured I would drop it off. Since, you know, we -"

Natalie almost screamed at the sight.

Allison was on the couch, naked and bouncing in a position that was not pleasant to Nat's eyes. The sounds coming out of her mouth weren't pleasing either.

"Good god!" she yelled, shielding her eyes.

"What the fuck?!" screamed Allison. There was a thud, and Natalie assumed she had rolled off of John and fallen on the floor.

Speaking of John, he was being extremely quiet. He hadn't said a word.

Allison stood, and fortunately, she had a shirt on.

Natalie bent down to pick up the box of shirts she had dropped as a result of her shock. When she stood back up, she saw someone standing next to Allison.

It wasn't John.

He was naked.

Allison was cheating on John.

All three of them just stood there, looking at each other.

Finally, Natalie spoke up. "What is wrong with you?!" she spat. "How could you cheat on John like that? He doesn't deserve that. No one deserves that, but especially him. He's everything a girl could ever want."

Allison glared at her. "He doesn't belong to me. He doesn't love me, Natalie. He loves you."

She shook her head as her body shook with anger. "That's not true. He loves you and this is how you treat him?"

The other guy, who had put on all his clothes, said, "Well, I must be going now. Good to see you." Natalie noticed a slight Australian accent in him.

He pushed past her and practically sprinted out the door.

"You're such a hypocrite though, Natalie," Allison muttered.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Don't act so innocent. I don't believe a word of your act. I bet John cheats on me with you all the time. Everyone loves Natalie. She's the sweet one. She never lets anyone down."

"That's not true," Natalie said through gritted teeth. "John hates me. He loves you, Allison."

"Oh shut up. He's always been in love with you."

"Then why did he leave me?"

But Natalie's memory answered her own question. He left her because she refused to love him back. And now that she didn't have him, she finally decided to feel something for him.

The door opened behind her and John walked in, saying, "Allison, I'm - Nat?"

Natalie decided it was now or never. She couldn't keep something like that from John, and she wouldn't let Allison get away with it.

"She's cheating on you," she blurted out.

John looked at her, bewildered. "What?

"I came in, the door was open, and I saw - I saw things happening, okay? It wasn't fun to watch. But the guy, he was like, Australian or something. And they were naked. I know what I saw."

Allison scoffed, walking over to them, fully clothed. "Can you believe it? Natalie's making stuff up. She's fucking crazy, John."

"I'm not crazy."

"You are, you poor thing. Get some help. You came in, and all I was doing was watching America's Next Top Model. That's it."

Natalie started to shake once more. "That's not true! You're the one who's lying!"

John placed a hand on her shoulder and turned her so that she was facing him. "Nat, calm down. Okay?"

"She's lying to you!"

He looked up at Allison, who shrugged. "I have no idea what she's talking about."

Nat turned to glare at her. "You're unbelievable."

"Am I? You're the one trying to ruin my relationship with John. You're just jealous. You want him back so bad that you're just making up lies."

Natalie started to cry, feeling desperate.

"Do you believe me, John? Please say you do."

He sighed and took his hand from her shoulder, and took the box that she was clutching in her hands.

"I think you should go, Natalie."

"W-What?"

"You heard him, you stupid bitch."

John's head snapped towards his fiancé. "She's not a stupid bitch."

"She's a liar."

He stayed silent and guided her out the door.

"I'll see you later, Natalie."

She wanted to kick and scream and flail her arms. She wanted to go back in time, with John, to make him see what she saw. She needed him to believe her.

All she could do was cry. She couldn't utter a word about it to anyone else. If John didn't believe her, who would?

It wasn't fair that Allison was treating John like absolute shit and that she was getting away with it. John was going to kiss her, and hug her, and love her. He was going to place his lips on unfaithful lips. He was going to wrap his arms around a liar. He was going to hold on to a heart that wasn't wholly his.

• • •

John paced in the kitchen, going a bit mental. How could Natalie make up such a lie? Allison was a lot of things, but she wasn't a cheater. In all the years he had known her, she had never been unfaithful.

Allison loved him, and he loved her. That was how it was supposed to be, and that was how it was. Right?

He walked over to the cupboard and took out a glass, filling it with water and downing it. His phone buzzed continuously in his pocket and he unlocked it, answering the call from Jared.

"Why did Natalie just call me crying?" Jared demanded.

"Why are you asking me?"

"Do not give me that, John. I know you know. She said she couldn't tell me what it was, but I could hear bits and pieces of your name. She's a wreck. She doesn't want to tell anyone anything. Not me, or Bridget, or Kennedy."

"It's nothing."

"It's something. Natalie wouldn't cry over nothing."

"How do you even know that?"

"Because the girl is as hard as a rock, John. I've never seen her cry about anything."

"I-I kind of called her a liar. Indirectly."

"You what?"

"She...I came in to the apartment, and she was standing by the doorway. Allison was standing by the couch, and Natalie told me that Alli was cheating on me."

"And?"

"Allison said she was lying. And Natalie started to kind of...she looked like she was having a nervous breakdown. She kept asking me to believe her. I told her to leave."

There was silence on the other end of the phone line. At first, John thought that Jared had hung up. But he checked, and Jared was still there.

"Jare?"

"I cannot believe you."

"Why would Alli lie like that?"

"Because she's a bitch! She's a horrible person, John! Open your fucking eyes. You're so unbelievably blind. Why would Natalie lie?!"

"I don't know! Because she's jealous, or something? Because she wants to break me and Allison up so that she can have me for herself?"

"Listen to yourself! You used to love Natalie and you probably still do. But you're standing there, telling me that she has nothing better to do with her life except make up lies to ruin peoples' relationships. Maybe she's not lying. Maybe she's telling the truth because she loves you and she wants to do what's right. I have no idea why you would think otherwise, because Natalie is a wonderful human being and you love her. Or at least, you used to. Look at what Allison's doing to you."

John was about to respond when there was banging at the door. "Open up! Allison, open the door!"

"Hey, Jared, I have to go. I'll talk to you later."

"Just think about it, John."

"Yeah. I will. Bye."

He ended the call and Allison came to the door. He stayed in the small kitchen, watching.

"What do you want?" She kept the door closed almost all the way, as if she didn't want John to see who was on the other side.

"I needed to see you."

"I told you to stay away from me."

John stood, getting suspicious.

"I can't stay away from you. I love you."

"I don't love you back."

"Yes, you do! I know you do."

"Go away."

"I'm sorry about before. But you can't tell me you didn't like it."

Who the fuck was that?

John walked to the door and pried it all the way open.

It was a blonde man that looked about his age. He was extremely tan and he had an accent about him.

"Excuse me, who are you?"

Allison looked frozen in place. Her eyes went wide and they swam in terror.

"I'm Matthew Cauley, sir."

"And what are you doing, disturbing our home?"

"Just trying to get my girlfriend to come home with me," Matthew replied, looking smug.

John just looked at him, bewildered. "What?"

"Allison is my girlfriend."

"Allison is my fiancé. Get out of here."

"No. I refuse. She is mine and I want her."

"She's not property, Matthew."

"We've been dating since she got to Australia."

"She must have broken up with you when she left, because we're getting married now."

"Nope. She even invited me to come here. She just said we had to keep it a secret."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Matthew patted him on the shoulder and said, "She's cheating on you, mate."

Everything clicked in John's head. This was the guy Natalie had seen and this was the guy Allison was having sex with behind his back.

John shoved him backward and turned to Allison. "Natalie wasn't lying! You were the one who wasn't telling the truth."

She stayed silent and her body started to shake with sobs.

Matthew stepped in, wrapping his arms around her.

"Get your hands off of my fiancé!"

"She might be your fiancé," Matthew spat, "but she's the mother of my baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOH MAN. This one's kinda short, but things happened that needed to happen. I felt so bad for Natalie in this chapter :( Do you guys think that the story's going too fast?

And if you like Twin Atlantic, let's be friends (: Please comment and subscribe! I'm late for school, I must go :c