Hiding Tonight

Someone come and save my life.

Cars were rushing from A to B, beneath her feet. Her hair was dancing in the night's wild wind. Broken sobs were coming out of her weak body. I couldn't stand it. I never wanted to see her like this. She didn't deserve it.

“Come down, Rae, please,” I pleaded. My eyes weren't as dry as they were this morning. They were wet and tears were running down my face.

“You don't even care,” she said loud. I took a step forwards, my hand stretching out for hers. She had no idea how much I cared. I've cared about her from the first moment I laid my eyes upon her. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

“I do, babe, please,” I tried once more. She looked over her shoulder, her eyes wet from crying. She shook her head and looked back down at the road far below her feet.

The way things were going right now, this could take a few more hours. Eventually, she'd jump. She'd give up, and I'd give up with her. My life was useless without her. I didn't want to lose her, not just yet. We still had too much memories to create, and so many to look back on.

I jumped forward, wrapped my arms around her legs and lifted her up. She squealed and started to cry harder. I placed her in front of me, on the ground. She hit my chest, sobbing louder.
“Let me go! Let me go!” she pleaded. I wrapped my arms around her fragile body and pulled her closer. I wasn't going to let her go, not yet.