Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Accidental Addiction

Mom & Dad (Round 2)

I needed to get away. I couldn’t take it. I couldn’t take reality anymore. Being with Matt wasn’t helping me anymore. I had become immune to the care and love he offered. I couldn’t take lying next to him, and knowing that tomorrow, he could die. Shot dead by what will be called a ‘stray bullet’, or stabbed by an unknown killer, like Jimmy. His best friend was already dead because of me. Someone who I had come to know as a close friend was dead because of my actions. Because instead of staying at my apartment, and just putting up with my shitty life, drowning in drugs, alcohol, and cigarette smoke, I let Matt bring me here. He helped me; he got me to give up most of my addictions. But I had to become addicted to him, his touch, his lips, his love. I had to get lost in him. I had to let him fall in love with me, and let myself fall in love with him. I had to let my accidental addiction become something so much more, that I can’t bear to think of losing him. I can’t stand the thought of one of Steven’s goons killing him. I need to leave, then maybe I would run into Steven and he would go ahead and kill me, leaving my parents and Matt alone. But I couldn’t bring myself to run away. I just couldn’t do it. Steven’s path of destruction had already been started, and it would be useless to try and run away now. So I just laid in Matt’s arms, half way asleep as I tried to enjoy every precious, loving second I had with him. But also fearing every second that we both get closer to death’s touch. Closer to the last chapter of our lives, closer to our last kiss, our last ‘I love you’.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
“Do you really have to go to work?” I asked Matt as we stood at the door.

“There’s no one to fill in for me today.” He said, and kissed my forehead. “Brian’s number’s on the refrigerator, in case you need it, but I called him and he said he’d come check up on you at lunch.”

“He didn’t ask any questions?” I asked Matt, and he sighed.

“He wouldn’t shut up. I just told him I worry about you.” Matt smiled and opened the door.

“Be careful. Go straight to work and come straight back.” I said, and he nodded.

“You too, don’t let anyone in except Brian. I’m not even sure if I would answer the phone.” I smiled and nodded, and he hesitated before walking out, and I shut the door behind him. Well, I’ll only be alone for a few hours before Brian comes over. Not much can happen in a few hours, right?

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Steven’s POV*^
“Alright, Hunter, you’re going after Mrs. Fincher, and Bull, you’re going to kill Mr. Fincher.” I said, looking between the two, and they nodded, but Bull got a questioning look on his face.

“Wait, I just talked to Greg, and he said Mr. Fincher’s at work. How am I supposed to kill him there? Too many people walking around.” I thought about what Bull said for a second. He had a point. The last thing I need is for one of my right hand men to go to prison for attempted murder.

“Make it work.” I said simply.

“What if someone sees?” He asked, and I shrugged.

“Shoot them too.”

“What if someone sees him shoot the person that saw him shoot Mr. Fincher?” hunter asked, and Bull nodded.

“I’ve been to prison man, there are some sick fucks in there.” Bull said, slightly shaken.

“Then shoot them too!” I exclaimed.

“What if someone sees me shoot the person that saw me shoot the person that saw me shoot Mr. Fincher? Do I shoot them to?!” Bull asked, and I nodded. “What the hell Steven?! Do you want me to go ahead and kill everyone in the whole goddamn building?!”

“If that’s what it takes for you to get the job done, and crush Allison, then do it.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Allison’s POV*^
“Allison,” Brian started, and I looked over at him. He had gotten here about forty five minutes ago, and decided to stay a while. I didn’t object; talking to him was better than being alone. He was a really nice guy, besides the fact that he keeps hitting on me. He was oblivious to how close Matt and I were. Like, he didn’t even begin to think about that.

“Yea?” I asked, and he looked down, then back up at me.

“You’re…you’re pretty close to Matt, right?” He asked, and I nodded.

“Known him since I was thirteen.” I stated.

“Do you know what happened to that girl he was going out with?” He looked at me curiously.

“Well, she tried to kill him, and then last Friday she left.” Brian’s mouth gaped slightly.

“She tried to kill him? How?”

“Once she tried to burn the house down while he was in it then- wait, why were you wanting to know?” I asked, and he leaned back.

“I was going to look her up, but being burned alive isn’t really my thing. I like to keep my skin un-charred.” He said, and I smiled slightly.

“She was a real keeper.” I said, sarcastically, and we sat in silence for a second, CNN running at a low volume on the TV.

“Allison, can I ask you something else?” Brian asked timidly, and I looked over at him.

“What is it?” I asked, and he leaned forward.

“Would you…would you like to go out sometime?” He asked, and I tried not to laugh. I wasn’t exactly surprised at the question. With the way he kept staring at me, and trying to put his arm around me, it was only a matter of time before he asked.

“On like a date?” I asked, and he nodded, smiling slightly.

“Matt won’t mind, surely he doesn’t keep a leash around your neck or anything.” Brian said, and I nearly broke, but kept my composure.

“Brian, you are a sweet, very nice guy,” I said and he smiled a little wider. “But if you haven’t noticed, Matt and I are kind of together.” I said, and his face went from, ‘Maybe I have a shot here.’ To, ‘Oh my god, someone please knock me the fuck out.’

“Fuck, I’m so sorry… I had no idea… I knew Matt was...but I had no clue… I mean you two...” I couldn’t help but smile at his fast, jumbled words. “Can we uh…can we…” He stumbled along his words.

“Can we act like you never asked that, and never even started hitting on me in the first place?” I asked, and he couldn’t do anything but nod. “That would be great.” I said and he sighed, but then looked up at me again.

“You aren’t going to tell Matt, are you?” He asked, and I shook my head. “Good, I think I’d rather take a chance with Sarah than him find out about this.” He said, and we sat in silence for a few more minutes, and then he spoke again. “So uh…is your relationship with Matt like…stable?” I looked over at him, and he held his hands up in defense. “I’m just saying, sometimes relationships fall through. You know if something does happen, I’ll be here for you. I’m your shoulder to cry on, source of comfort, person to hold you when you cry and tell you everything will be okay.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“Let go of me.” I said, not helping but to smile at his second attempt, and he took his arm off of me.

“Do you still think I’m a sweet and nice guy?”

“Starting to lean towards jackass and douche.” I said, and he sighed.

“Damn.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
I sat down at my desk, having just gotten back from lunch. I took a folder from the stack, and then the sound of glass shattering from the floor above me, and then there was the sound of something as it bumped against my window. I turned to see what it was just to see a flash of someone falling. I got up and looked down through the glass and my stomach tied itself in knots as Mr. Fincher’s lifeless body hit the ground. He was dead. He was the next one on Steven’s list, with Mrs. Fincher. Steven isn’t stopping. Shaken, and desperate to try and see if he had somehow, miraculously survived the fall, I ran out of my office and straight into Donna as she was walking by.

“Woah, what’s the-” I cut her off, grabbing her by the shoulders.

“Someone just killed Mr. Fincher, and he fell by my window, dial nine one one now.” I said, and she just stood there for a second before darting off. I ran to the elevators, furiously pressing the down button until the doors opened, and I stepped on. Mr. Fincher was dead. He couldn’t have survived. He works on the twenty eighth floor, falling from that high up is certain death. He had to have been pushed, that glass is thick, so technically, he would have had to have been thrown through it. The doors opened, and I got off, running through people to get around to the back of the building. I got out side, and took off running down the side walk, and around the building to the parking lot in the back. I stopped when I saw his body. Blood was quickly pooling around his head, and police sirens were drawing close. I looked up, seeing someone move in his office.

“LET ME OUT!” A faint yell echoed from the small room.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Steven’s POV*^
“Mrs. Fincher’s dead.” Hunter said and I heard a door slam in the background.

“Did you leave any evidence?” I asked, and he scoffed.

“Steve, it was rat poison, what kind of evidence could I have left behind? I have the box right here with me, and I didn’t leave any fingerprints on her wrist or neck because I have on gloves. How stupid do you think I am?” He asked, and I was about to answer when I got an incoming call. I took the phone away from my ear and saw that it was Bull. I hung up on Hunter and answered it.

“Please tell me no one saw you.” I answered.

“Steve, we have a problem.”

“What kind of problem?” I asked curiously.

“I went to shoot him, but he knocked my gun out of my hand, so I picked him up and tossed him through the window, and people heard it, and now they won’t let me out of the office.” He said, expecting me to tell him how to get out of it.

“Goddamnit Bull! Why do you screw everything up?” I yelled, and then calmed down with a sigh. “Okay, you’re a big guy, why don’t you just knock the door down?”

“There’s like five people out there!” He exclaimed, and I could hear tears seeping into his voice. “I don’t w-wanna go back to prison Steven! Pl-ease help m-me!” He sobbed.

“No! I’m sick of bailing you out of shit. You’ve dug your own grave this time Bull! If you don’t want to go to prison, then why don’t you just go ahead and jump out of the window too!” I hung up on him. Well, there goes Bull…

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Allison’s POV*^
“Allison! Come here!” I heard Brian yell from the living room, and I left what I was doing and walked into the living room.

“What is-” I stopped as I saw what was on TV. ‘Rodney Fincher Thrown From 28th Floor By An Anonymous Attacker’ I went over and sat down next to Brian.

“Isn’t your last name Fincher?” Brian asked, and I nodded as the camera panned to people standing around a parking lot with a mix of paramedics and police officers, and other news crews. “Isn’t that your dad?” I nodded again.

“Police have the man who is suspected of pushing Rodney Fincher out of the window cornered in Mr. Fincher’s office.” The reporter said, and I put my head in my hands, and I felt Brian’s hand on my back.

“I’m sorry Allison.” He whispered, and there was screaming from the TV, and I looked back up at the screen.

“I’M NOT GOING BACK TO PRISON!” There was a yell, and the camera shook, and moved away from the news woman and followed another person as they fell from the window, and I quickly looked away, feeling tears stinging my eyes as there was a sickening splat, and I felt Brian’s arm around me, holding me close in a comforting manor.

“It’s okay…” Brian muttered, shocked as the audio was cut off of the programming.

“We are very sorry for the disturbing images that just took place.” A man said, and there was a pause, followed by some whispers. “Is this some kind of joke?” I could only make out one of the whispers before the man cleared his throat and said, “We have just received breaking news that a neighbor has just discovered Mrs. Lisa Fincher unresponsive in her home. Mrs. Fincher was pronounced dead on the scene by paramedics.” I felt my heart snap. Both of my parents were gone. My mother and father, both dead within a few minutes. I sobbed into Brian’s side, thinking of all that I’ve put them through. The last thing I ever said in person to them was that I hoped they both rotted in hell, then the next morning I packed my things and left without as much as a goodbye. Now, four years later I’m the reason they’re both dead. I heard the door open, and I looked over as Matt stepped through the door, and gave me a sad look. I got up and ran over to him, wrapping my arms tightly around him, as he wrapped his arms around me.

“Rodney’s dead.” He said, and I nodded, pulling away just the slightest bit so I could see his face.

“I know, and so is my mom. It’s only a matter of time now.” I whispered, and his eyes got watery, but he held back tears.

“Steven doesn’t have a heart, does he?” Matt whispered, and I shook my head.

“No, and he’s never going to stop this until we’re both dead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

amodernmyth88
pekigirl
Fiktion
RazzyVengeance6661
A7XGIRL711
XxWishxOnxAxStarxX

One chapter left.

xoxo, Saleigh