Status: two shot; completed.

Loverboy.

merrily we fall out of line, out of line.

Adriana lay, broken and fallen against the concrete. Her back was propped up, her chestnut hair tipped with blood as a desperate gasp left her lips. Her hands fell to her stomach as blood spilled out. The green eyes man snapped to attention, yelling, but Adriana couldn’t hear. Her guts were spilling out onto the Detroit streets, her breath ragged.

“Adriana, meet Dean Winchester and his brother Sam. Boys, meet the best damn hunter I’ve ever met, Adriana Miller,” Ellen said, brushing her grey hair out of her eyes as she smiled at Adriana, who had gone completely goo-goo eyes over Dean, who was staring at her over the rim of his beer glass.

Outside, the wind shook the windows and caused a draft through the door, which explained Adriana’s thick hat over her badly dyed hair, and her grey eyes looking brighter than ever. This autumn had been brutal, and Adriana was just looking for shelter, but found Dean instead.

“Hey there, cute stuff,” Dean said, immediately turning on the charm as Sam disappeared to talk to Ellen and Adriana rolled her eyes, admiring his forwardness. She giggled.

“What’s next, stud? The ‘last day on Earth’ speech?” She asked, winking and walking towards Jo to interrogate her endlessly on the subject.


“Dean,” Adriana cried, gently moving her hand, revealing the deep wound from the demon’s creature as Sam finished off both with a cry of rage. Sam, with his ridiculous sideburns, had seen the thing attack Adriana, leaving her helpless on the concrete in Detroit.

Dean sucked in his breath, licking his teeth out of habit than anything else. He pressed his own hands to the wound, fighting back tears. It was bad, and he couldn’t see the girl he loved die in his hands. “Adriana,” He said quietly, keeping his voice as steady as he could. “Baby, you’re going to be okay, you’re going to be-” Dean’s voice broke as Sam came to their side, silent.

Adriana laughed, pressing her lips again against Dean’s, curling her feet around his knees as they stretched out in the backseat of the Impala. “Dean, stop!” Adriana cried as his hands roamed across her body, tickling her into fits of giggles. Adriana had brought out the childhood in Dean that he had missed out on, and Dean made Adriana grow up.

“I love you.” Dean barely registered he was saying it until Adriana sucked in, her eyes wide. “I didn’t-” He began, but Adriana cut him off, her own lips trembling.

“I love you too.”