Status: Slow updates - It's school holidays and I'm busy!

Euphaia

Chapter 1

I could hear them laughing, each one pounding into my head like a drill. I could feel them staring at me as I walked by, each pair of eyes an evil glare that would melt down my skin and make my bones chill and shiver. Every word they spoke would take me a step closer to the edge of insanity. It just wouldn't go away, and that's all I truly wanted. I wanted, no, needed to escape it all, but there was nothing I could do.

Well, there was one thing. As undesirable as it was, I knew what had to be done.

I walked home from school slowly, giving myself a chance to think, a moment to clear my head and possibly regret my future actions.

No, it didn't make a difference.

As I walked up the driveway, I saw that nobody was home, and took this as a kind of sign about what needed to be done. Sure, I didn't believe in all that kind of stuff, but I was desperate for an escape.

Unlocking the door, a humid breeze escaped into the wide, open world. I stepped into the hot house and locked all the doors, mindlessly dropping my belongings down as I walked towards the kitchen.

I opened the top drawer, finding the sharpest object I could. Butter knife, nowhere near. Fork, not sharp enough. Steak knife, perfect.

As I put the blade to my wrist, I had a second of indecision; was it really all that bad? Did I really have to do what I was about to do? And then I remembered everything they'd ever done to me; I'd been pushed around, abused and driven insane by almost everybody in my year, even some that were younger or older than me, and I didn't necessarily even know who they were.

I pressed the sharp side of the knife down, already being able to feel a hint of pain. But it wasn't enough, I needed to feel it slicing through my skin, as deep and as far as possible.
One small cut, just as a tease, to make sure this was the right thing to do. No blood was drawn, but it did sting.

A little deeper this time, blood surfacing as it would to a paper cut. Once again, though, it wasn't close enough to what I wanted to do.

The hand which held the key to my end was beginning to shake, as it was difficult to complete the task I had in mind.

And then I decided that the wait was too much to bear.

I pressed down harder than any of the previous times, a tear beginning to form in one eye. No thoughts or memories were going to stop me, though, not when I was so close to what I wanted.
One slash. Blood began to spurt from my wrists at a fast pace as I watched in happiness; soon the torture that was named life would be over, and I could truly be at peace.

My breath was getting shorter and shorter as I became more and more dizzy. I tried to take just one step but, instead, tripped over due to my dizzy spell. I decided that getting up would be too difficult and not worth it, seeing as where I was going to end, either way, was the floor.

That, and the one place I would finally be at peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so as mentioned before, please leave feedback? Everything from the story here will be in it's purest form; no spell check (mainly if I've been working on my iPod) or grammatical fixes. These will, eventually, be fixed by myself as I do go back over my chapters, but this is it :)

Please enjoy and, most importantly, leave feedback.