‹ Prequel: Russian Roulette

Visions

.David.

“So what are you going to write first?” Tasha smiled, her knees were pressed against her chest making her seem smaller than she was. Her bright red lips were curved into a devious smile.
I toyed with the black pen Hilary had given me, “I don’t know, I guess I’ll start with the dream I had last night.”
I looked around before I attached the pen to the notebook, there were a couple people looking our way. One in particular caught my eye, it was redhead we had seen yesterday. She looked incredibly scared, biting her fingernails. Her flaming hair had been braided neatly behind her. She twitched every now and then, it made me more sad than I could imagine.
That could be me.
I shook her from my mind and began writing,
‘Blondie stole whiskey from Helena’s older brother and hid it in his smelly closet’
Tasha came next to me once she saw me writing, her head rested on my shoulder, “Do you remember anything about tattoos?”
I closed my eyes trying to remember any dreams I had about him. Whenever I saw him in my mind, it blurred out immediately. His face was almost non existent in my head. I shook my head at Tasha, “I’ve got nothing”
“What about that phrase you keep hearing in your dreams?” she looked up at me with her childlike eyes.
I shrugged, “But, in the dream it’s blondie that’s with me. Not Tattoos.”
Tasha sat up straight, “But it’s not Blondie’s voice.”
I sighed, “I guess I should just write everything down, right?”
I pressed the black pen against the white paper once again.
‘Russian Roulette isn’t the most dangerous game to play’
I ran my hand on the scar on my stomach, “You know, no one wants to tell me what happened to my stomach?”
I remembered waking up on a hospital bed, strapped to machines. I remember them annoying me with their constant beeping, leaving my head pounding with every sound. I remember a pink scar with stiches, which were later removed.
But most of all I remember the crowd around me once I opened my eyes. Blondie and tattoos were there. Along with a woman with sad eyes and delicate skin, she held on to Blondie digging her tear stained face in his arms every couple minutes. There was a skinny brunette guy with wide brown eyes rubbing the woman’s back everytime she buried her face.
“Write it.” Tasha pointed a long ebony finger on to the paper, “What do you have to lose? Maybe one of them will tell you.”
I shook my head, “I’ve asked before.”
“Henry, visitor.” Hilary came up to us, “Are you up for accepting them?”
I looked at her confused, Blondie said he would see me Wednesday and Tattoos was in England, “Is it my mother?”
Hilary’s eyes became sad, “No sweetie, his name is David.”
I looked at Tasha, “David?”
Tasha shrugged, “Maybe it’s your brother.”
“Not your brother.” Hilary smiled helping me off the white couch, “But he looks very sweet.”
Tasha gave me a thumbs up as I walked away, she turned her body over to the community television. The cartoons playing seemed much more comforting than remembering someone I’ve never met.
“I’ll be right outside If you need anything sweetie.” Hilary squeezed my hands before pressing a red button on the white wall.
I walked into the room after the automatic silver doors opened in front of me, “Good afternoon.” I whispered toward the man. His back was towards me, but I noticed how tall and lanky he was. Like he had never had anything to eat.
“Mckayla!” He smiled once he turned around. His dark hair framing his angular face, I had seen his wide eyes before. His smile was honest and childlike, innocent. His arms were also covered in tattoos.
“David…” I whispered remembering him in the hospital room
He made his way towards me swiftly, taking me in his arms while he chuckled softly, “Im sorry I took so long to come see you!” he grabbed both my arms in his hands and stepped back, starring right into my eyes. “I’ve just been so scared you wouldn’t remember me! But you do!”
I shook my head, “They told me your name.”
His smile faded immediately, “Oh.” He let go of me and took a seat by the single table in the room, “I’m sorry If I frightened you.”
“You didn’t, but you can help me.” I said pulling out my black notebook, “I keep having these dreams and I need to know if theyre real.” I spoke quickly flipping to the page I had scribbled on.
He nodded slowly directing his eyes to the notebook.
“Blondie” I started, “Eh, Kyle” I remembered the mans real name, “He would never tell me but I know you know. What happened to me? Why am I in detox? Why do I have a scar on my stomach?” I asked pressing the head of the black pen to my notebook, ready to take every word that came from David’s mouth.
“Uh.” He started twisting his mouth into a worried fashion, “You had this drug dealer for a boyfriend”
“Tattoos?” I looked up from my writing
“No, his name was Travis, a real jerk.” He got comfortable, “he kind of kidnapped you and stabbed you before Kyle and I could get to you.”
I looked up at him, his eyes were sad as he spoke. The memory must have been horrible for him. His hands gripped the table before he continued, “Kyle found you under a willow tree in a park by your house, you were bleeding out. We called an ambulance and after a couple days the doctors announced that you were in a coma.” He shook his head, “You must have been asleep for a month tops. Kyle was at your side the whole time, since your mom couldn’t see you that way…When you woke up I brought your mom to see you, we all thought the nightmare was over.” He sighed, “And then you asked who we were…”
“I’m sorry.” I felt his pain
“It’s not your fault,” he chuckled, “Nothing was, you don’t need to be sorry. Any more questions?”
“You’re willing to answer all of them truthfully?” I looked at him happily.
“Yeah, I’ll answer all of them.” His hand reached out for mine.
“Thank you so much.” I smiled excited, “What’s my full name? My mothers? Who’s my father? How old am I? Where do I live?”
“Woah!” he laughed, “Slow down whirlwind, one at a time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe it's almost been a year since I've been in here!
Well I'm back and ready for some crazy amount of updating!