The Depth of Regret

Faster, Faster....Faster

And though the fiery compassion and strength I felt in the one who so visciously stole my heart away will timelessly linger, in the now black hole, the twisted cycle does not only contain that one ingredient. Suddenly I have come to realize that with his unexplained and rapid descent, He took with him not only my heart, still interlaced with his veins, but also was the theft of a key. The key.

Through all the precious moments I thought would be endless, through all the tears and bloody battles, the joint thoughts and seperate struggles, he knew something I just couldn't grasp. While I was kept reaching on the weathered cliff, he was standing, hiding in the darkness on the ledge above. The wind whispering his words away, onward to the eavesdropping atmosphere.

Always. He died with this secret.

Pain. A diverse agony ricochetes against the contors of my darkened ribcage, carelessly surrounding my heart's original position. Surprise and fear caused my blundering hands to commit the unspeakable. The numerous clocks covering the bloodstained walls spun so fast their springs and cogs creaked defiantly beneath them. I felt as if years passed as I watch the remainder of my soul plummet to the hard, frozen earth on which life is meant to thrive. The wall clocks were going fasters, faster...faster but the minutes in my eyes and body had slowed to an eternity. I watched, helplessly frozen, betraying myself, viewing the half-filled jars of tears inch through the thick air closer, closer every prolonge second to the floor.

The sound of contact screeched through my already deafened ears. My own screams adding to the mess were unfamiliar to me- foreign. The shattered tears- the broken memories expanded and grew and I was silenced by their thundering tidal wave. My voice lost in the swirling twister of experiences. The familiar sensation of suffocation returned. The increasing pressure from all the tears, the water around me scarring my flesh with the screaming talons of the past.

I was drowning.