A Three Way (but Not the Dirty Kind... Or Is It?)

Chapter Two

“You need to go to school.” I ignored Carole’s concerned voice, continuing to mindlessly roll small circles onto the back of Kurt’s lifeless hand with my thumbs. He’d been out for hours since we last talked about the incident. When he would wake, all he would accomplish is tossing and turning while wincing in pain, turning on his side, attempting to find comfort in these awful hospital beds.
I heard the doctor’s footsteps and bolted up, hoping for good news from him.
“I’m sorry to say that’s Kurt’s going to have to stay in here for a few days more than we had estimated.” the doctor explained in monotone, reading what was on the chart in his hand. “Some of his ribs had been kicked in from the attack-”
“Instead of just reading off of some stupid piece of paper, how about you go in there and actually do something?” I had accidentally snapped. I hung my head in frustration. Burt patted my shoulder and sent me back to Kurt’s bed side. So, the same thing I had been doing for hours now? I wouldn’t leave. I couldn’t leave. Not with Kurt like this. Not until Kurt was completely healed…or at least strong enough to tell me why in the world he would tell anything of that much importance to Rachel Berry.


“Blaine?” I said weakly. “Blaine is that you? You’re still here?” I rolled over; the pain in my ribs was almost unbearable. There he was fast asleep, stretched out in the bed alongside me. He was sleeping on his stomach; face not even on the pillow. Exhausted from stressing over me. I don’t deserve him to do that. He does deserve that. That’s all I could handle, I was out again.

I really need to go to school. It’s been a week now, but I couldn’t leave him.
“Blaine,” Burt said next to me as I looked down on Kurt’s damaged, passed out body. “You really should go to school.”
I started to protest, but he stop me with a held up of a finger. “Go.”
I sighed, gave Kurt a quick peck on the cheek, and I was out the door.

School was even more of a drag. Even Warbler practice didn’t cheer me up. The only thing that would clear my depression would be Kurt being awake. To spend all my moments with him. I know what I had to do.

“Hello, I’m Blaine Anderson, and I’d love to enroll here at McKinley.”