Status: Attempting to revive this story

Tear Down the Cobwebs

Chapter 3

“There are a lot of videos of your band on YouTube,” Ricky said. “You guys are pretty good.”

“Thanks. We’ve managed to see you guys a few times,” I replied, looking down. “We had to sneak in a few times, but it was always worth it.”

I laughed at Ricky’s shocked face when I told him that. “Maybe that’s why you look so familiar. Did you try to sneak onto one of the buses?”

“Um, no, and we never got caught either. Maybe you’ve just watched so many videos of us it seems like we’ve met before. There are a hell of a lot of creepy guys out there who like to film me. And then there were even more creepers who watch those videos over and over.”

“Are you calling me a creeper?” Ricky asked, pretending to be hurt.

“What if I am?” I asked innocently, tossing the Styrofoam cup that once held my coffee into a nearby trashcan.

“I guess that was the only cup of coffee you’re getting from me.”

I froze in place, my jaw dropping. How could he do that? He’d just met me and had already found my weakness. I watched Ricky continue walking, though he’d slowed his speed. “Wait, you can be my very own personal creeper!” I called after him.

“Promise?” Ricky asked, not turning around.

“Yes!” I watched as Ricky did some weird little happy dance. I ran towards him, trying not to slip on the gravel. At the last moment, Ricky spun around, catching me in his arms. I buried my face in his chest, laughing, as he spun me around. I kept hold of his arms when he finally set me down, as the world continued spinning around me for the next few minutes. When it finally stopped, I met Ricky’s eyes. I never imagined I’d ever be this close to him. And I have to say, this was fucking amazing.

Even better was when he brushed my faxed purple bangs out of my face. It was definitely about time for me to figure out the next color to dye them. “We should probably get back,” he said, checking the time. “Catering will be set up soon, and if you want to get any thing decent, you want to get in line early.”

“Can’t pass up the chance for good food,” I said. I followed Ricky to the catering tent. I heard my name being called when we got in line, and was quickly dragged away by Zach.

“Sorry to have to pull you away, but we’ve got to start figuring this tour. We’ve already got a plate of food waiting for you.” I sighed, knowing he was right. But couldn’t I have at least told Ricky goodbye and thanks for the walk and coffee? Guess not.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I started this story over a year ago, then it got abandoned. I'm hoping my 8 subscribers will give me another chance to get this story written.

And now it's several years later. But I'm going to give this another go.

As for old or new readers, please comment, subscribe, and recommend this story.