Status: Active. Feedback is welcome!

Jade Chan & Heading to Santa Carla

My Prerogative

My Prerogative

Everybody’s talking all this stuff about me
Why don’t they just let me live?
I don’t need commission, make my own decisions
That’s my prerogative

They say I’m crazy
I really don’t care
That’s my prerogative
They say I’m nasty
But I don’t give a damn
Getting girls is how I live
Some messy questions
Why am I so real?
But they don’t undersand me
I really don’t know the deal
about her brother
trying hard to make it right
Not long ago
Before I win this fight

Sing

Chorus:
Everybody’s talking all this stuff about me
Why don’t they just let me live?
Tell me why
I don’t need commission
Make my own decisions
That’s my prerogative

--Bobby Brown, My Prerogative


“You were right, Edgar,” Jade said, gripping the cross-shaped stake. “I would make an awesome vampire slayer. I don’t know why, but I think you’re right.”

Edgar smiled – a true smile this time, and not just simply a fake one. He was sure Jade would make a great vampire slayer. After all, who says the good guy has to be a guy? Or who says the slayer has to be a girl? Sometimes the slayer can be a guy as well.

Edgar was pulled out of his musings when he looked up and saw his friend Sam Emerson come into the shop. Walking beside Sam was his faithful and loyal dog, Nanook.

Upon seeing Jade, Nanook barked twice, and then ran over to her and knocked her down to the floor. Soon Jade was on her back with Nanook on top of her.

Jade simply laughed while Nanook licked her face, and then let her scratch him behind the ears, loving the attention.

Of course, Sam, Alan and Edgar were trying hard not to laugh. They thought there was something pretty funny about Nanook giving Jade a kiss doggy-style.

Finally, Nanook got off of Jade, and she was able to get back on her feet.

“Thanks, Nanook. I sure needed that,” she said, smiling down at the Alaskan Malamute, who grinned back at her in reply as though to say “You’re welcome, Jade”.

“I take it he likes you,” said Sam, also grinning.

“Yeah,” said Alan. “No wonder that whenever he sees you he gets all excited and stuff.”

“Yeah, he does,” Jade replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I hope you're liking this so far. :)