Status: Don't be a silent reader<3

The Serpents' Kiss

Contemplations

There was a slight thumping in the background . . . and the sound of voices. There was an indistinct hiss, and next thing Lisa knew she was opening her eyes to gaze unknowingly at a white ceiling. She rolled over onto her side slowly, and gagged. She breathed deeply before shutting her eyes tight. Please don't let me hurl, Lisa begged in her mind. Please!

She felt something touch her fingers and opened her eyes to stare into Lehlu's wondering eyes. They were endless pits, and Lisa was falling through them into a infinity of love. She smiled and rubbed her fingers more securely into Lehlu's head.

"Well, Simon, it seems our third person has awoken finally," a female voice came over her. Lisa looked up blindly in worry as she heard the sound of heels on tile. "No need to worry dear. Your vision should be back to normal very soon . . . cut it out, Simon, or so help me I'll cut the tongue right out of your mouth!"

Lisa's brow creased. Who was Simon? Who was the women speaking to her. Where are we, Lehlu? She whispered into her friends mind. Lehlu cocked her head to the side before coiling by her side. Lehlu rubbed her scaled body close to Lisa. Even though she was cold, Lisa welcomed the affection of her new found friend.

"My name, dear girl, is Winifred, but most call me Winnie," Winnie said, and Lisa caught sight of a slightly blurry image of a short women with wispy blonde hair. "I take it you have absolutely no idea what you're doing here?"

Lisa only nodded, completely lost at what to say. Her vision suddenly cared and Winnie suddenly came in to focus. Her face was warm and friendly, creased with age. Her knowledgeable eyes were crystal blue and she wore a dress in different shades of blue. Winnie seemed to also have this aura of wisdom issuing from her short figure.

"Good, good," Winnie said, her eyes roaming over Lisa's crumpled body. She was covered by several blankets, for when she had first arrived she had been shivering and clattering so much that not even Lehlu could stay by her side. Poor little dear, Winnie thought, her eyes suddenly going soft. She could already feel a soft place in her heart for Lisa. With a simple stroke of her hand across the girls knotted hair and she turned back to her desk.

Simon, an overly-tall fellow with long black hair and sharp brown eyes lounged in a swirly chair and as Winnie returned to her paperwork, he leaned on his elbows with a quirked brow.

"What?" Winnie snapped, agitated. She didn't much care for Simon, but he was helpful when she needed work to be done and had a somewhat affectionate place for him, though she buried it deeply in her so he would not even glance at it.

"You do not think she deserves to know where she is?" Simon smiled mischievously and made to go over to her when Winnie's arm was clamped on his arm so tightly he winced.

"We were not instructed to do so, Simon. Do not get me wrong, for I very much want to tell her. But to cross his instructions would be a very bad move indeed," Winnie sighed and relieved her hand from Simon's bicep. He flexed, rubbing at the red mark. Winnie rubbed at her temples. "She shall know in due course, Simon. Now be a dear and fetch me some water?"

•••


Lisa had two images swarming her mind. She tried to push them back but they kept bounding back. They fought her resistance until she could hold them back no longer and her mind was suddenly forming an image of two boys.

One was a handsome dark-haired boy, and he was in a deep slumber. The other had mousy-brown hair and Lisa felt her heart flutter as he turned onto his back. He was as gorgeous as the other boy. She noticed both were in rooms similar to hers. That both had beauties guarding over their restless bodies . . . and then the images disappeared.

Lisa rolled over in deep contemplation. Who were the boys? She looked about the room, still thinking. All walls were white. Both floor tiles and plaster ceiling were white, and the blankets she rested under were a light cream. Everything was some kind of white. Lisa groaned as pain jolted through her head. She swore under her breath and whimpered.

Winnie came up behind her and rested a comforting hand on her hair. Stroking, calming. Lehlu coiled tighter, watching the woman carefully. Lisa felt the pain recede some. Her shoulder relaxed and as they did, Lehlu loosened her coil and rested her head lightly upon Lisa's shoulder.

They have the bond already! Winnie though excitedly. Just wait 'till the other here about this!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm? Tell me what you thinking!