The Heartbreak Diaries

Part 1

"Have you ever been heartbroken?" She asked, her eyes fixed firmly on his and brimming with tears.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe."

"It starts with shock; this jolt in your heart. It feels surreal, like you're dreaming, but then it starts to sink in, and you begin to cry. And once you've started, you can't stop. The tears fall, and they fall, and they fall. You feel your eyes stinging, but you still can't stop crying.

Eventually you do stop, maybe for a few minutes, maybe longer, but then it comes flooding back and you start to cry again. In your head and your heart, you feel like the pain will never stop: that it will just go on and on forever. At some point you will begin to think that you're okay. You'll say to yourself: 'I don't need him anymore.' Hell, you might even believe it. But trust me, you're kidding yourself. Oh you'll be fine for a couple of days, but then something will happen, or something will remind you of them and it will all come crashing down yet again, like a ton of bricks. And you'll feel worse than before. You'll beat yourself up over it, saying 'but I thought I was fine?' over and over again.

It will keep going on like that for a while. Every time you see them will feel like a stab in the heart. Every time you see them moving on with their life, you'll hate them for it. You'll say: 'It's not fair - they're completely fine and I'm so far from it. Do they not feel anything at all?' In reality, they probably do feel bad for hurting you, but they'll be over it far quicker than you. And yes, it will suck. You will hurt, and you will cry, and you will wish that it could all be over. That is heartbreak."

She turned back to him, the tears spilling out of her eyes and cascading down her cheeks. "Have you felt like that?" He shook his head. "Then you've never been heartbroken."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading - feel free to leave me a comment if you want :)