Status: updates may be slow, but I'll try to update much as possible. Comments please!?

When Zombies Attack!

003

After Katie and Dallon disappeared upstairs I turned back to David. He was smirking slightly and his eyes were glued to me.

I lifted my eyebrow, "What?"
"You really believe this, don't you?" He folded his arms across his chest as he sat down on the couch, motioning for me to join him. I walked over and plopped down beside him, entwining our fingers and resting my head on his chest.

"David I know this sounds crazy but before I went on vacation last week I was looking at a blood sample from an elderly patient who was bitten by some animal and it just didn't look right. The cells seemed to be attacking each other, a virus I hadn't seen before. I told Dr. Vaughn about it and he said he would look at the samples before his rounds. I don't go back to work until Monday so I have no idea what the results were." I sighed, closing my eyes for a moment and running through the possibility in my head.

I had always been a firm believer in zombies. Studying viruses only made this belief much more plausible. A virus can mutate and attack cells, sometimes controlling them. A virus that can control the right side of the brain and the central nervous system causing one to lose sense of pain, hemorrhage from all pores, and revert back to a primal state of cannibalism is a very real possibility if two of the wrong type come in contact.

"But in our small town? Flesh eating, bleeding, gross, zombies?" David was trying not to laugh, I could tell. It didn't really bother me, I sometimes thought I was crazy too.

"You know what? I'm just going to call the hospital and talk to Frank. He should be in the lab by now." I jumped up and walked to the kitchen to grab my phone. It took eight rings but finally someone answered.

"Hello?"A whispered voice came over the line.

"Hi, um, Frank?"

"Alyssa? Oh God, it's bad. It's worse than we thought." My breath hitched slightly as shear panic set into my bones.

"The virus? Oh no! What's happening? Are the patients trying to eat people? Are they bleeding? Can they run?" I know the last question was not called for, but I need to make sure I'm prepared.

"What the hell are you talking about? I meant the blood machine. It's not reading the samples right and almost every vile is getting broken in there. I've had to clean it out 3 times. Wait.. did you say eat people? Like...zombies?" Frank started laughing, I could hear the slight Cajun accent as he burst into hysterics.

"No, I was just watching the news and I saw that there was a virus going around. I thought maybe.." I was cut off by Frank going into a fit of coughing. It sounded like his lungs were about to explode. "You okay Frank? Get some water."

"I'm...f-fine. Just don't feel to good. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and stop watching those scary movies young one." And with that he hung up. I sighed and sat my phone back on the table. I'm just being silly. I walked into the living room and watched David singing softly to his self. His eyes were closed and his head was resting on the back of the couch. He looked so adorable like that.

"Put those lips to good use and come sing me to sleep." I grinned as he rose an eyebrow and followed me up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, this was a sucky. Sorry :/