Status: updates may be slow, but I'll try to update much as possible. Comments please!?

When Zombies Attack!

005

As I lay awake, thinking about the nights events, I heard something moving outside the window. Blowing it off, I resumed my thoughts. Until I heard a loud 'thud' and a muffled scream. Instantly I hopped out of bed and headed over to the window. Peering through the curtain, I could see something in the neighbor's backyard. Glancing at the clock, it read '3:30'.

'What the hell could the Peterson's being doing out at this time of the morning?' I thought to myself.

I continued to watch, it looked like Mr. Peterson was kneeling beside something. Deciding he might need some help, I walked over to Katie's closet and rummaged for a pair of sweats. Only finding ones that were too small for me, I rolled my eyes and put them on anyways. Once I got them situated, I started to head downstairs, but stopped. I need some sort of weapon in case it's not Mr. Peterson.

'What else would it be? A zombie?'

I laughed at myself and started out again. Only to turn around and find a baseball bat in the closet. Shaking my head at my own stupidity, I headed down the stairs and towards the door. Unlocking it quietly, I opened the door and stepped out, pulling it quietly closed behind me. I started towards Mr. Peterson's backyard.

"Mr. Peterson, is that you?" I whispered loudly.

No reply. As I got closer, I couldn't believe what I saw.

"Oh my God," I whispered.

Mr. Peterson was eating his wife. Blood covered his face, clothes, and the ground surrounding him. I froze, dropping the bat beside me. Suddenly Mr. - the thing in front of me whipped it's head around. It screamed at me then started to get up. My reflexes kicked in and I snatched the bat up and swung with every bit of force I had.

The bat made contact with it's head and it hit the ground. I hit it again to make sure it couldn't get up. Once I was sure that it wasn't going anywhere, I ran back to the house. Slamming the door behind me, I locked it and headed up the stairs.

"Katie! Alyssa! David!" I yelled as I ran.

"Katie! Alyssa! David! Wake the fuck up!"

I heard movement in Alyssa and David's room first.

"What the hell man?" David asked in a groggy voice.

I showed him the bat, "Mr. Peterson is a fucking zombie!"

He flipped the bedroom light on so he could see the bat.

"Holy fuck, dude! What did you kill?" he asked, a weird look on his face.

"Mr. Peterson! He was eating his wife in the backyard! Come look!" I yelled, motioning for him to follow me.

He went back into the bedroom and came out with his gun in hand. I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Aaagggghhhhh!"

I jumped back, Mr. Peterson was standing in the doorway. David ran up and shot him in the forehead. He fell backwards.

"Holy shit," David said, surprised.

"Is he dead?" I asked, aware that he hadn't died the first time.

David kicked his foot. He didn't move. I shut the door and locked it.

"You decided to run out in the middle of the night in Katie's sweatpants?" David asked, trying to stifle his laughter.

I mocked him, "Ha. Ha. I heard something when I was in bed. I blew it off until I heard a loud thud and a muffled scream. Then I looked out the window and Mr. Peterson was eating his wife. I couldn't find anything else and I didn't want to go out in my boxers."

David shrugged, "Touche."

David went into the kitchen to make some coffee. I told him I'd be back down after I washed off. Tonight, neither one of us were going back to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
crappy. Short. But there was a zombie!
:)
Because I'm nicer than my bestie here, I decided to update before work.