Status: Active unless no one reads!

The Grave Yard Girl

Shadow

I opened the office door and walked in, Beth (my co worker) was waiting for me, bag in hand, foot tapping impatiently. See Beth doesn’t like working here, she only does it for the cash, she says that its creepy and wrong. Beth was in my year at school, she didn’t care about school, family or friends. See she was in the popular crowd at school, she got everything she wanted, or everyone gave her what she wanted. She had bleached fake blonde hair, tell tale blue eyes, typical pouty mouth, fake tanned skin. ‘Hottie’

I looked at her face, she had a glee full smile on her face, her eyes glittering maliciously, see we weren’t exactly the best of friends. She took any opportunity to bring me down.

“Finally I have been waiting forever,” Her voice drawled, bored by our conversation already.

“Beth, your shift ended 2 minutes ago,” I said walking past her, hanging my stuff up on the shelf

“Yes, BUT boss said to tell you that your regular shift has been replaced with the night shift. She said that you should work regular hours today but start your new work timetable tomorrow,” She shoved a timetable at me with her perfect manicured nail.

“Thank you Beth, you going home now?” I said pleasantly, hinting for her to go.

“I would but I need you to do my physics homework, Mr Jenksy said if I don’t give it in tomorrow, I have a detention, which I can’t do because I have a date with Tyler,” She complained

“Well you’re going to have to find another nerd to bully,” I sighed

“But I thought we were friends,” Her whiny voice just making me want to punch her.

“Think again,”

And I walked out of the office, found the trolley full of flowers and other letters and sending’s from unknown senders. I pushed it out to the vast acres that contained the grave yard. This graveyard had existed for years, when they used to hang people and when orphans died, they were buried here. See no one really wanted them, and they had no place to go. They had to be buried because of religious reasons, god etc.

I personally thought it was a nice idea but not everyone agreed, there has been many claims to be zombies and ghosts but I don’t think they would harm me. Maybe prissy perfect Beth though. For a graveyard it is very beautiful scenery, it looks like a painting, the trees in perfect alignment, the sky always has the right amount of clouds.

I worked until 7 at night and before I went I walked over to Tristan’s grave. I automatically could tell there was something wrong when I walked up to it. In front of the grave stone, was a big marble box, in side, the coffin lay. I had picked it out for him, and paid for it. The other people just had a dirt grave.

I let my hand run against the smooth surface, inspecting the lid. It looked as if someone had picked it up, and put it back on wrong. The whole lid was at an angle. I pushed it back to its original state. I frowned at it. Put my flowers from me to him onto his grave, blew it a kiss. I walked into the office when I heard a sound. I peered through the window, at the now darkening night.

Tristan’s lid to his grave had been lifted again, and I could see a dark shape dancing across the darkness. The shape had speed and elegance that I had never seen before, its silhouette was human, and the shadow I recognised.

I began to turn when more shapes began jumping up from random graves joining the original ones. These were also very elegant, but not as much as the first shadow. Shapes kept jumping up, some small, some tall, fat and thin, they kept joining.

As I looked more closely at one of the graves closer to me, a shape jumped out. This one more defined. I could make out arms and legs. As I watched, one of his arms fell off, they didn’t seem fazed they just picked up their missing limb and carried on.

Horrified from what I had just witnessed, I let out a petrified scream.

Then the shapes noticed me, they didn’t seem pleased either.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay first proper chapter, first one was loved, thanks for those who subscribed!

Thoughts and subscriptions pleas
+If you have any ideas, let me know them!

Much Love

Black Rose'97