Sequel: Temporary
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Trapped

What would you do if you were given the opportunity to break free of the world of losers, and step into the ranks of the people that would usually beat you up? You’d go with them, wouldn’t you? You’d take that person’s hand and escape your old world. But what if that meant leaving your best friends behind, and having to pick on them to maintain your new found popular status? Well, Harper and Parker O’Klimin were offered that hand long ago, and they took it without thinking about their five best friends, and what would happen to them. They just wanted out; they wanted a break from getting picked on and beat up every day. They didn’t like having to pick on Zachary Baker, James Sullivan, Mathew Sanders, Johnathan Seward, and Brian Haner Jr. every day, and watching their new boyfriends Terrance and Zan beat the shit out of them, but they dealt with it. They let it go on because they were afraid of what would happen if they went back.

Now five years later a new virus has broken out, and the world is at its end. Harper and Parker are grown up now, they work in a small bookstore, and live with their mother and their dog Sheen in Huntington Beach, California. They find out about the virus and take shelter in a Target superstore, but here’s the problem; five guys show up, also seeking shelter. They all refuse to tell Harper and Parker their real names, using stage names instead, so Harper and Parker use fake names also, Reject and Grimm. No one really trusts anyone, but soon the facts come out, and little by little the shocking, threatening truth is revealed, causing an uproar in the small community of the seven.

Tension runs thick, hearts shatter, friends become estranged, and people learn that sometimes the truth should stay buried, because when you uncover secrets, you can hurt yourself, and the ones you love. Especially when you’re trapped, with nowhere to run, and nothing to hide behind.