Sequel: Temporary
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Trapped

Clean Up On Isle 'Eat Shit'

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

“So, we’ll just take a crowbar, and pry the damn thing from the door,” I said as Brian and I were examining the closed exit at the top of the stairs, leading out to the roof.

“Alright, and afterwards, are we going to board it up like the other ones?” He asked. We were getting serious about strategy now because of the mess we just went through.

“Yeah, I’ll go make Johnny clean them up,” we started walking down the steps slowly, and he laughed.

“That’s my girl,” he slung his arm over my shoulders, and the putrid smell hit me from the undead corpses. One thing I could tell you about this disease was that it doesn’t smell nice. I looked at his hand as we were walking and looked back up at him with a disgusted look, and he looked back at me, blinking once. I looked back at his hand, and it seemed a lot closer to my chest than it did last time. I looked back at him once more, “Is there something on my face, besides pure beauty?”

“Yeah, you have dirt, let me get it for you,” I lied, standing in front of him. He closed his eyes, smiling and leaned down so I could get the inexistent substance off his face. I put my thumb on his cheek, and then slapped his face.

“Ouch, what the fuck was that for,” he asked, rubbing his cheek.

“You disgust me,” I called out, already walking away from him.

“You’re a bitch,” he called out, not moving from where I left him. I flipped him off over my shoulder, and kept on walking to find Johnny. He was in his room playing Call of Duty, of course. I thought about sneaking up behind him, but I liked my brains neatly placed inside of my skull.

“Johnny, you’ve got a job,” I said, and threw him a box of trash bags, and his face immediately fell.

“But why,” he dragged out the ending letter as he started complaining, “That’s so gross, what if I get infected. Then you won’t have a Johnny,” he pouted.

“No Johnny, no problem,” he pouted further, and stood up, throwing the controller to the ground. He stomped out of the room and started stuffing the corpses in the bags, yelling complaints out as he did it, and some words I don’t think I’ve ever heard of before. I went back to the stairs to see if Brian had gotten the board off yet. I started walking up the stairs, and he was prying the boards off. It was quick when the crowbar slipped from the wood and hit him in the forehead.

“Fuck – OW,” he yelled out, and I couldn’t stop my laughter. He turned around and grimaced at me.

“Keep it up, you’re doing great,” I snickered and gave him a thumbs up, and he flipped me off, “You’ve been trying to do that for the past…since we got here. When are you going to get it through your head I’m not fucking you,” I said, and he looked at me in shock, then a grin came over his face.

“That’s what they all say, babe,” he winked at me, and went back to prying at the wood. I rolled my eyes, and closed the door to the stairwell on my way out, leaving him in the darkness, “HEY,” he yelled then I heard stumbling, followed by a groan of pain.

“Parker,” I heard my sister yell from the bathroom, where we locked her in with Matt. I crouched down to the hole, where her eye was visible, and I smirked.

“You guys do the nasty yet? I heard you guys were starting to have some attraction to one another,” I teased.

“I will KILL those two bastards,” she said, then changed the subject, “Can you please get me out of here? I will kill him if I’m in here for another minute with him,” she begged, and I shook my head from side to side, slowly, the smirk never leaving my face, making her sigh, “Fine, can you at least get me something to eat?” She pleaded.

“Yeah, I’ll be right back,” I smiled, and got up. I went to the food aisle, and got a few things of Spam, since I knew that Harper hated spam, so that’s exactly what I had gotten for her. Spam. Tabasco Spam. Bacon Spam. Turkey Spam. Beef Spam. Chicken Spam, just, Spam. I went back to the door, and called out her name.

“Okay, now, just open the door,” she said, and I laughed.

“Are you insane? I’m not stupid,” I said, and punched a whole into the door. Pain shot through my hand, but it was better than the pain of listening to those two bitch all the time. I shoved the cans through, and heard them hit the floor.

“EW. ARE YOU CRAZY? THAT’S GROSS,” and now looked out of the bigger whole.

“That will be the grossest,” then she looked at Matt, then back through the hole, “second grossest thing I’ve tasted in the past half hour,” she complained, and I was left to wonder what the first was, and I decided I didn’t want to know.

“Goodbye, Harper,” I said, and walked away from the door. I could hear her banging against the door until I walked far enough so that I wouldn’t be able to hear it anymore. Johnny had a pile of filled trash bags, and I could see and smell the rancid contents on his rubber gloves. There was a clothes pin clipped over his nose, and I didn’t know if I should laugh at the sight or throw up at the smell. I grabbed a mop, and started cleaning up the disgusting mess.

..::--------------::..

We finally had the place back to normal, and we were all just hanging about, listening to Matt and Harper yell at each other. Their fights were becoming less frequent, now, and it was safe to say that they were making progress. Brian was alone in his room ‘sleeping’ with a bottle of lotion, as he said he didn’t want to be disturbed. He pinned a blanket over the opening of the door, and blasted music. Johnny was back to playing his game, which he seemed to be obsessed with right now, and Jimmy was playing with my dog, which I decided to join in.

“I’m glad all of that’s over,” he said as I sat next to him.

“Yeah, I’m glad you’re not mad at me anymore, too,” I said, and smiled at him, and he looked sad when I said this, “What’s wrong Jimmy?”

“Nothing,” he looked up at me and smiled, “I’m happy we’re not fighting, too. I was stupid,” he admitted.

“I’m not going to say anything to that,” I pointed out, causing him to laugh.

“You’re mean,” he said, leaning back onto the wall.

“I’m amazing,” I corrected him as my dog came to lie in my lap.

“That, too,” he said, and smiled down at me as I looked at him. I had the sudden urge to lean in, but I kept myself from doing that. Maybe this whole apocalypse thing was taking effect on my emotions. Or, maybe the whole zombies taking over America and trapping us in a Target with the five guys we were forced to pick on in high school had no part in the fact that I totally wanted to kiss him right now. I turned my head away quickly, not wanting to be effected by his gaze. I looked down at my hands, which very suddenly became interesting, and looked back to him. He seemed down about this gesture, but I couldn’t let my stupid emotions get the best of me, especially not now. I mean, we seemed to be barricaded a lot better, but we were in a situation just too horrible.

“I’m…going to go get some food,” I scrambled to my feet, and started heading towards the food section, where I ran into Brian. I guess he was done….sleeping.

“Hey,” he smiled at me, and I felt a little weirded out.

“Hey, you sick bastard,” I said, with the most pleasant tone I could manage.

“What did I do this time?” he put his hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes. His hands smelled like vanilla, and I immediately cringed.

“Don’t touch me with that hand!” I screeched.

“Wh-which hand?” he asked, confused.

“Both of them! That’s dirty,” I yelled out, and ran to a different aisle.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

I watched as Parker left me alone against the wall. I didn’t know what had just happened. I think we almost kissed. What’s most important, I was disappointed that we didn’t. She had rushed out on me, and I was alone with the dog.

“You won’t leave me, will you,” I asked him, kissing the dog on the nose gently. It sneezed in my face, and turned around, following Harper. Well, now that I had dog snot all over my face, I would say it was time to go and fix my drum set. I did need something do, after all. I went to the dissembled set, and it was trashed, but nothing I wouldn’t be able to fix. I started setting it up to how I usually had it, and was happy to know that none of the instrument was ruined. I sat down on the stool, and realized that my sticks were in the bathroom with Beavus and Butthead. I would go get them, though. I got up and headed towards the bathroom, and looked through the new hole in the wall, “Shads,” I called out.

“What,” he asked, anger in his voice.

“Get me my drumsticks and I’ll convince them to let you out,” I begged. I heard him sigh, then scrambling of things. I heard him pick up the sticks, and he showed up at the door.

“How do you know that you’ll convince them,” he asked, and seemed unsure.

“I’m your man,” I said, really wanting to go play.

“You’re my man?” he seemed almost as if he wanted to laugh.

“Yeah, Matt, you’re man,” I ushered him to give me my sticks.

“She has to stay in here, though,” he said sternly as he put them through the hole.

“Eat shit,” I said as I grabbed them, and ran off to go play. Once I sat down and started playing I was in my own world. It felt good to be doing something I would do in my regular day, and not being put through all of this shit. Some good has come out of this, of course, but there were more cons about being stuck in here. Though Parks had said that she and Matt weren’t dating, I wondered why he had kissed her in the first place. That doesn’t seem like something he would do, though he hasn’t really been mean to her at all. Hasn’t hit her, besides the one time he put her on the floor. Then again, I did that, too. Most of all, I was wondering what these weird feelings were that I was getting. She had always been special to me; I’m starting to think that she still is. I was interrupted by Brian when he came up, and just stood there indifferently. I stopped playing to see what he wanted, because his presence was starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

“Yeah,” I asked him, leaning my elbows on my knees.

“You used to be close to Parker, right,” he asked, and I already knew where this was going, “How do I get in her pants,” he asked, shoving his hands in his pocket. I shook my head, and continued to play. He blinked, and walked away. That guy was starting to get on my nerves with trying to get into Parker’s pants, and also trying to get with Harper. It’s like he’s a never ending orgy. My biggest fear is that he won’t try and get them to do it with him at the same time. Scratch that, I only hoped that Parker wouldn’t get with him at all.

Then a realization hit me. I liked her. I liked Parker a lot, and if I wasn’t going to try and get with her, like a Brian – I mean pervert, my bad – I would try and make sure that some asshole wouldn’t come and sweep her off of her feet. I couldn’t protect her last time, but I could at least try this time. I had always felt something was wrong then, but I never went with my gut instinct. This time I would, I promised myself that Brian would not go near Parker, and I would personally make sure that it wouldn’t happen.

After a while, I stopped playing. I would go and talk to her, maybe play video games.

“GUYS,” Harper started yelling out, “HE’S TRYING TO TAKE MY PANTS OFF. HELP,” she was screaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to apologize ahead of time for the next chapter.

Thanks to the readers and subscribers, and a special thanks to the commenters;
-shortygirl
-a7x_foREVer12
-A7XGIRL711
-NME_foREVer_6661

Zak so cute (guy I'm on teh phone with.)

Fair Enough.

xoxo, Shannon.