Status: active

Warmness on my soul

Danny the daredevil

*Andrea's POV*

There are holes in the wall from places he has punched or times I threw things aimed at his head. Sheets hang as curtains. Olive green shag carpets. An old beat up couch. I try to make it homey, but it's no use. We party too much. I'd rather spend money on beer or pills than home decor. We'd just end up throwing it at one another. He can make me so angry sometimes, I know I only get that upset because of how much I love him. If I didn't care so much I wouldn't freak out as bad.
Today is a good day. I wake up with the sun on my bare back. I can see Dan sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette in the living room from the open door. He looks so good with no shirt. I get tingly just looking at his bare chest. His pecks are slightly defined and he has the hottest six pack I have ever seen, while still being very slender. All of his tattoo's are visible.

The one that reads Andrea across his stomach used to be my favorite. Three months ago, after a huge fight I left. He was so pissed, he got "RIP Rot in Pieces", underneath it. I keep bugging him to do something about the Rot in Pieces to get it covered up, but we don't really have the extra money.

I have Danniel tattooed on my wrist. I wouldn't dream of removing it or covering it up. That's the big difference between Dan and I. He acts out of anger.

Later that day, it's awful. We never have the good for long.

Joanna calls and tells me about some girl Dan has been rumored to be getting a little to close to. How close? I don't know. Does it matter? No one should ever get the idea that my boyfriend is screwing around on me. It's my jealousy.

My hands are shaking, my heart is racing a mile a minute, and I am pacing the apartment waiting for him to get back because I want to kick his ass. I've been calling him, and he hasn't answered. Automatically, I think it's because of this girl. My mind runs rampant with images and stories of what he is doing, with her. Whoever she is.

I hear a key turn in the lock and walk as fast as I can to the door. I pull it open, letting it slam against the wall. There is already a round hole from the door knob.

"What the fuck is Jo doing calling me to tell me about you and some slut?" I yell at him.

"What? I don't know!" he yells back.

"Fuck you don't! Don't you dare play fucking stupid! People don't make shit up, Dan! Who the hell is she?" He slams the door shut. "TELL ME!" I scream. I shove him. He falls back into the door.

"Don't start this shit, Andrea! Don't fucking start!"

I punch him. "Answer me!" I punch him again. He holds my wrists and pushes me backwards. My back hits the wall and his fist goes into the wall inches from my head. I don't even flinch.

"If you are talking about Carina, she told me she wanted to fuck me."

"Did you?"

"You are fucking psychotic."

"You didn't answer the question! Why don't you ever just answer the god damn questions!"

"NO! No, I didn't fuck her! I might as well have with the way you are freaking out!"

I slap him, but it's not just a slap. My nails scrap across his face.

He grabs me by my shoulders and pushes me. I fall to the ground. Now I am really losing it.

"Don't you ever fucking put your hands on me like that!" I yell. I pick up a beer bottle and throw it.

"Jesus Christ!" He ducks, and the glass shatters against the wall.

"I can't even stand to look at you!" I yell.

"Then fucking leave!"

"YOU!"

His hands go to the coffee table and he flips it over. The ashtrays, half full beer bottles, blue and purple pills, and week old mail fall to the ground with a crash.

The rage over takes us both.

D, he is like a tornado. He whirls in destroying everything in his path.

Me, I'm like a volcano. You don't know when or why, I just erupt.

"You asshole! You can't hit me and shit!"

"You fucking hit me all the time!"

"I'm done with you!" I tell him. I think I mean it this time. "This is fucking over Dan! OVER!"

I go to the bedroom and slam the door behind me. I start pulling clothes out of the dresser and tossing them into a bag. He throws the door open and grabs my arm.

"Stop! Your fucking hurting me!" I tell him, trying to get out of his grip.

"NO! Andrea! You can't fucking leave me!"

"Go fuck her! Go be with her! " I fight against him. He picks me up and takes me to the bedroom.

Rage ignites inside me. I can fucking leave him. I can't breathe with him around me like this anymore.

He tries to explain it wasn't his fault. That he was too drunk. That he didn't want fucking Carina, or what's her name. He sees my bags are packed. Even the picture of my mom is gone off the wall. This isn't some over dramatic shit. I really intend to leave. That WILL fucking happen.

He throws me down on the bed. "You can't fucking leave!" He yell at me.

I cower away from him. "If you try to fucking leave I'll tie you to the bed and light the house on fire!" I don't know what the fuck is coming out of his mouth.

"What are you going to do? Kill us both?"

He chuckled darkly.

I had no fucking idea what he thought he was going to do.

Fire. Smoke. Darkness.

I grabbed my bag and tried to run from the house as I saw Dan grab the lighter again. His eyes were alive with anger and rage. When I dashed past him and towards the door he grabbed my bag off of my shoulder. I let it go and continued to run. I heard him screaming for me from the doorway of the apartment. I turned once and saw flames leaping up the curtains of our bedroom. I turned back and continued to run away. I was running towards the only place I knew I had to go. I didn't know where that was, but I knew I would find it. I was running away from him and towards the only hope I had for a normal life.

I woke up in a hospital bed with Zacky's hand holding mine. His head was layed on my stomach and he was sitting on a chair next to me. It seemed like he just spent the whole night there. My eyes were getting heavier again so I just drifted off to sleep. But this time I knew it was alright. Zacky was there.

--
Previous day

*Zacky's POV*
I entered my car after having a delicious breakfast with a fantastic girl who I may be falling for. Life can't be better. Fuck! I forgot my jacket... How can I forget my jacket, when it's so fucking cold, God damnit! I had already driven through a couple of streets but I couldn't deny it was a good excuse to see her again. I changed directions, and drove to Andrea's house again. I knocked and nobody answer. I kept knocking and calling her name, but there was no answer. I got worried because she told me that she wasn't going to leave the house for the day. I'm not a very pacient guy, when it comes to this. I broke into her house. I'm officialy a vandalist or a robber in the eyes of people who are passing by and some are calling to the police, probably, but I don't really care. I know something's wrong. I enter the living room and Andrea is laying on the floor convulsing and talking in a giberish that I don't understand, there's a needle on the ground and a rubber band too. I'm fucking scared now. I kneel on the floor next to her. This time, trying to gather attention from the peopke outside, asking for help, screaming for help. "Andrea?" I scream shaking her up.I heard somebody from outside saying that the ambulance is coming, and neighboors are peeking through the door I left open. She keeps going with that giberish, and I lean closer so I can unserstand something. Suddenly the convulsion stopped. She was kind of singing it now. On a very demented tone. She was also sweating a lot and I knew she was in pain. "It's ok, Andrea, the ambulance is comming, you'll be alright!" She smiled still with that demented vibe around her. She pulled me closer so I could listen to what she had to say. She blinked a lot. Very fast and repeatedly.
"Once upon a time there was Andrea and Dan.Things were very hot that year. All the wax was melting in the trees.He would climb balconies, climb everywhere, do anything for her, oh Danny boy.Thousands of birds, the tiniest birds, adorned her hair.Everything was gold. One night the house caught fire.He was handsome and a very good criminal. We lived on sunlight and chocolate bars.I want to try it your way this time. You came into my life really fast and I liked it. Then there was a gap in things and the whole earth tilted. This is the business. This, is what we're after. With you inside me comes the hatch of death. And perhaps I'll simply never sleep again.The monster in the pool. We are a proper family now with cats and chickens and runner beans. Everywhere I looked. And sometimes I hate you.Ha ha fucking ha you are so funny Dan. A vase of flowers by the bed. My bare blue knees at dawn. These ruffled sheets and you are gone and I am going too.I broke your head on the back of the bed but the baby he died in the morning.I gave him a name. His name was Thomas. Poor little god. His heart pounds like a voodoo drum. Danny the daredevil. Andrea went missing." She laughed loudly and the convulsions started again. I know that the ambulance came right in a minute or two, but right then and there it just seemed like hours.

--

*Back to Andrea's POV*
I was already awake but I kept my eyes closed. Zacky was there.I actually didn't see his face but I just know it. He's been here since I'm awake, I just don't have the guts to open my eyes and talk to him, because I know he'll be disapointed. So I was just laying there listening to his breathing.
After some moments I heard Zacky mutter to himself "Fuck! Is it that late..." Fuck. Soon he'll be gone and I'll be alone again. I decided it was the time to stop pretending so I shifted on the hospital bed and Zacky instantly held my hand to his. I slowly opened my eyes expecting a really angry Zacky, only to find a hurt and crying Zacky. "Andrea?" His voice was shaking and it was heartbreaking. I suddenly felt bad for lying to him the previous night. I didn't lied but I didn't tell him the truth.I told him about a really bad person that did really bad things to me, that was gone for good. I didn't tell him about Danniel himself, I didn't tell him the kind of disturbed person he is. when I knew that he was the only reason to my problems, insecurities and all the rest."Andrea! Oh God! I'm so glad you're alive!" Zacky said as he hugged me. "It's ok.I'm here." My voice was husky and I needed water for sure. I didn't want to waist time though. "Can you listen to me?"
"You shouldn't talk, just rest."
"No! Where's Claire?" I was certain that I almost died, and I was even more certain that Dan was back to turn my life into hell. He would do that by hurting the ones I love the most. I was sure of it. And by the note he left, he had things on his mind. That was never good. Like he said, he's very creative, not in a good way.
"Claire's fine don't worry. We're all here.She's been here with Brian, Peter and Tanya, but now she's outside, because she refuses to leave until she sees you awake." The fact that Brian and Peter where there as the rest of the guys, made me relax a little bit. At least they were protecting them. "I won't let him do anything to you. Never." Wait? What? "I don't know what you're talking about..."
"Ok. I want push you. But just so you know, I got the note he sent you, and I'm sure you don't remember what happened last night?"
"last night? How long have I been here?"
"Yesterday, when I got out from your house. Right now... New day."
"Oh... And no, obviously I don't remember what I said or what I did, but if I told anything that hurt you, it wasn't me Zacky."
"I know. It was the old you. The you that you can't let go. The one that remembers every single thing."
"What do you mean, what did I say to you? It's not true!"
"Hey, I don't really wanna talk about this now. I just want you to be ok. And don't worry, you're safe."
"No I'm not. The only person who once protected me, is now against me. There's no way I'm getting out of this alive."
"Don't say that. I'm here! I will never leave your side."
I felt a tear running down my cheek, and that is the last thing I remember.

*Claire's POV*

"Thank God! I will fucking kill her! Not now though. But I will! I wont come back to this hospital, but when I come back-"
"Tanya! Stop the screaming already!"
"Yeah, start the killing already!" Matt said making the guys laugh.
We were leaving the hospital. Andrea was awake and Zacky was going to be there with her for the rest of the day. I didn't see her though, But Zacky said she was really tired so we decided to leave. Right now Tanya was screaming through the halls of the hospital as we walked.
"How can I stop screaming! She fucking gave in!" Tany screamed as an old lady walked across us looking at her with a disaproval look on her face. Matt and the guys started laughing. I punched M's arm, sending him a death glare. "C'mon,I'm just happy that our best friend is ok, ok?"
"yeah, I'm happy too. But stop behaving lik 4 year olds in the fucking hospital!"
"Johnny's too short to be a four year old..." Jimmy said behind us making us crack up. I had to join them laughing too. The weird thing was Brian. He was very serious and pensive. He was walking with his arm wraped around my waist protectively.
"Ok. You know what?" Tanya stood in front of us with her arms folded. "Stop laughing! I'm glad she's ok, I truly am! But hasn't nobody realised that she fucking gave in again." She said loudly as she put enphasis on every word coming out of her mouth. "I'm just asking, how the fuck did that happen? She was ok, wasn't she?
"About that.." Brian said. "Z.V. gave me this." He was holding a note on his hand and Tanya abruptly made the paper hers. "Oh my God." she said.
"What's with the paper guys?" I yanked the paper out of Tanya's hands and read both sides of it. "Who the fuck is D?"
"Well, according to Zack is a very bad person that came into Andrea's life a couple of years ago."
"How can this be true? She never told us anything!" I was mad, but also afraid, he threatned her by threatening me.
"Zacky also told me, that she neve told you, because she thought it wasn't necessary."
"I cannot believe this shit!" Tanya spat. We were already out of the hospital.
"Well, try to understand. At least I do... If she told you all the details, it would probably make you feel even more sorry about her, right? And for what I've seen she's been through a lot..." Brian said.
"For more than we've thought after all."
"Yeah, man... But she has a point... I would do the same, it's normal that she didn't want you to feel sorry for her. More than you already were..." Jimmy said. We had to agree.
"Ok, but what does this have to do with the fucking overdose, uh?"
"Zacky thinks that attached to the note, he sent the drugs."
"I just don't know what to believe!" Tanya sighed running her hand trough her growing belly.
"Believe your friend." Johnny said making us turn to him. "She wouldn't just do what she did, because she felt like it. From the story of her life I've been listening to every day, I mean, she was good now. She had everything she wanted. She wouldn't do it, unless ..." Johnny looked at Brian. He didn't want to say it.
"It's cool bro." Bri said. "This Dan, is back to terrorize Andrea, possibly by hurting the most important people of her life." He finished looking at me.
"How can a junkie harm us?" I asked.
"Well, Andrea didn't tell you about him, so he did scare the shit out of her." Matt said.
"But he won't get close to us. Neither to Andrea. When he entered Andrea's life, she was alone, helpless, and he sure took advantage of that. But this time... We're here. And if he trie- If he tries to do anything I will myself stick the fucking needle through his throat." Brian said coldly.
"Calm down... I don't like to hear you talk like this Bri..."
"I know freckles..." Him calling me freckles made my worries fade a little bit. "I just.. I asure you that he won't get fucking close. I swear."
"Ok, I need a drink!" Tanya said. I looked at her with my eyes wide. "And by drink I mean, water... geezz..."
"Meet here tomorrow to check on her?" Jimmy asked.
"Yeah, I call this a day..."
"You bet. Night guys..." Matt said.
Everybody went to their cars and me and Brian went home.

"Freckles... Freckles? Claire? You awake?"
I turned around in the bed to face him. "Yeah." His brown eyes were sad and he looked very tired.
"Did I awake you?"
"No, I wasn't sleeping..."
"Me neither. I can't, it seems that sometimes when we're really tired, sleep won't come..."
"It's a strange world, uh?"
"Yeah." he chuckled.
"Something you wanna say?"
"I'm- I'm just afraid of loosing you babe..." he sighed nuzzling into my neck putting his arm around my waist.
"What? You'll never lose me Bri. What are you talking about?"
"I mean, first the accident, now this with Andrea, made me think, you know..."
"Brian. Look at me.You won't lose me. This is happening for a reason. Everything does. It may not be the best part of our lives but, we'll get trough it."
"I think you're right... I'm just stupid, and I need to sleep, that's just the fucking bottom line..." We stood there holding onto each other for some minutes.
"Claire?"
"Yes, Bri?"
"We need to re-paint the walls of the living room."
"Shut up." We both laughed out loud and fell asleep.

*Brian's POV*

Last night she dind't sleep on my arms, I slept on hers. And fuck! it felt good to be comforted by her. She's truly the best thing that ever happened to me. She wasn't beside me on the bed, so I freaked out, remembering the experience from the previous day. I suddenly felt reliefed when I saw her downstairs. I felt scared the exact same minute. What the fuck? Oh God!

"Claire? What the fuck are you doing?"
She looked at me. Red all over her face.
"Babe..." she slowly said. "... help me."
♠ ♠ ♠
On this chapter I used the poem from the movie Candy, with Heath Ledger and Abbie Cornish. I didn't write it, just thought it really matched the situation.

Hope you like it!

Thanks to everyone who's been supporting me on the writing to this fic!

Love you girls <3