Status: active

Warmness on my soul

Fun at Matt's

“Claire!” Suddenly my feet were not on the ground because Jimmy threw me over his shoulder! I heard a few laughs and when he put me back on the floor gave me a hug, like only Jimmy can give.
“Duracell Bunny!!! I knew you would come back for us!” apparently he didn’t forgot that nickname either. “We missed you so much!” He was still hugging me.
“I know. I missed you guys too. But now I’m here now and that’s all that matters. I will never leave again, I promise.”
“Jesus! I’m getting jealous…”
“Matt!!!”
“Don’t you dare doing the same thing ever again!”
“I won’t. You have my word.” Val was right behind him and when we hugged we both started crying. “What the fuck am I doing. I don’t cry!” They all laughed and Brian said “Of course not. You’re a big girl now, aren’t you freckles?” they laughed more and I said
“Stop calling me freckles!”
“Aww, just like old times, isn’t it?”
“Zacky! I missed you so much!”
“Glad to have you back, Duracell bunny.”
“Ok, I love you guys, but if you keep the nicknames thing going on, I’m going to start throwing punches.”
“Like I said, she’s a big girl now.” I looked at Brian and punched his arm like I had earlier. “God! Don’t hurt me! Aww! You left a mark!” he said taking off his jacket pointing to his arm. “Look Jimmy she left a mark!” They were cracking up.
“Where’s Johnny?”
“I’m here.” He came downstairs with a bottle of wine in his hand. I looked at him chuckling.
“What are you?”
“I’m beer, whine, bitch!” We laughed and he hugged me and whispered in my ear “He hasn’t stopped talking about you.” I punched his arm.
“Damn you violent girl! You already hurt me, you want to damage the poor gnome?”
“Shut up Gates!”
“Suck it smurf.”
“Smurf?” Matt asked.
“Yes. Because he’s little and annoying.” We were laughing so hard already.
“Well, Synyster Gates is a funny character this afternoon isn’t he?” Jimmy said.
Finally we all sat down, had dinner, and talked for hours. I was hearing all of this stories and couldn’t help but felling sad. I lost so many important moments of their lives. But weirdly we were talking like we had never left each other . I found out about their girlfriends and also that Val and M. are married now.
“Well, but now I’m single.” Brian stated.
“So you two are the only single persons in here.” Zacky said pointing at me and Brian.
“No, I have a boyfriend.”
“Oh, I always thought you and Brian would end up together.” Everybody was looking confused at Val for what she just said. “Oh, come on, I know he was with Michelle, but let’s face it: they never loved each other. Of course they liked each other, but love? That wasn’t love.”
“You, my friend are completely right. It’s good to be free though.”
“Don’t worry Brian, I’m sure sooner or later you’ll find love again.” Why the hell was Matt looking at me while he said this?
“You’re such a girl sometimes Shads…”
“At least he’s not a gnome.” We all laughed at Brian.
“For fuck sake, guys. I’m gonna get another bottle.”
It was getting late so we said goodbye to each other. “Don’t get lost on the way lovebirds.”
“The only place where I’d get lost is your brain, zacky. Too many stupid shit floating in there…”
We got to his car and he opened the door again for me. On the drive home we didn’t say much. We got to my house and I could already see Tanya peeking trough her bedroom window. We got to the door.
“I had a lot of fun tonight.” I said.
“Glad to know. Me too. Like the old times.”
“Yeah.”
“Should I call you tomorrow so we can meet somewhere, or?”
“Well tomorrow I can’t. But call me Monday, ok?”
“Sure. I can’t wait.”
“Me neither. I always have so much fun when we hang out like this. Don’t forget to call me.”
He raised his hand and cupped my face. “How could I forget, freckles?” He kissed my forehead. “Brian…”
“See you Monday freckles. Sweet dreams.” He winked at me and got on his car. I ran up the stairs and went to my room. I counted to myself “one, two, three…”
“Claire? Tell me everything!” She was knocking on my door. Too bad for her it was locked.
“Fuck you Tanya!”
Right now I didn’t care that she was shouting questions, she would eventually get tired and quit. I was so confused. I left Brian still loving him but later fell in love with someone else. Is it possible… No! It can be…