Status: active

Warmness on my soul

Surprise, surprise...

Brian’s POV

“Bri, I mean it. Thank you for everything.” She leaned in and kissed my cheek. I felt so happy and I showed that by smiling at her. She looked so beautiful. The way her brown long hair fell down her shoulders and her green eyes made me melt inside. And of course, her freckles were adorable.

“Sleep well, my angel.”

“Good night Brian.” She entered the house and I walked to my house.

Next morning when I woke up I had a text from Shads.

“Hey dude, don’t forget about Marian’s surprise birthday party this afternoon! I will kill you! Make sure to bring Claire with you.”

I totally forgot to tell Claire about that! But it’s Marian so she’ll probably go. Marian was one of the girls that always hanged out with us at school but contrary to Claire, she always kept in touch and actually became doing some artwork for our band. I hope Claire goes, because I can’t wait to see her. I need to ask her. Should I call her or should I text her. I’m gonna call her so I can hear her voice.

“Hya Freckles!”

“Good morning sunshine!” She was chuckling.

“Yesterday I forgot to tell you that today is Marian’s surprise party, can you come?”

“Wow, Marian?! Fuck yeah! I remember you talked about her the other day, but I didn’t know it was her birthday!”

“That’s why I’m here to remind ya.”

“Anyway, do we got a plan?”

“Yes. When I pick you up I’ll tell you everything.”

“When you pick me up? You’re always picking me up now! I’ll forget how to drive…”

“Oh, you can drive to my house then…”

“Ok, I’ll be there in… Give me fifteen minutes. I already had breakfast so…”

“K. See ya in fifteen.”

I had breakfast really quick and after a while Claire arrived.

“Hi!” She was wearing a purple summer dress and her hair was slightly wavy at the ends loose. “Hello? You there?” She distracted me from my thoughts.

“Yes, hello! Come in!”

“So what’s the plan?”

“Plan? What plan? Oh, yeah Val, right.” It was hard to keep my concentration when she was looking at me with a big excited smile and her green eyes were shinning beautifully. “Well, first of all, I need your help. I haven’t bought anything for her.”

“Now that you talk about it, I think I know what I’ll buy!”

“What?”

“Surprise…”

“Don’t be such a tease!!!”

“Shut up! Are you ready? We have to go, now!”

I grabbed my stuff really quickly and we went to the mall. She was literally dragging across the stores, and she was buying a lot of stuff!

“Is that shit all for Marian? You miss her that much? Damn, she’s going to be happy!”

“It’s not shit! And I’m buying this to myself. I still didn’t find the perfect gift for her.”

“Oooh! When you find it let me know…”

“What about you? Have you bought something?”

“No, I still didn’t find the perf-”

“Haha, very funny Mr. Gates…” She poked her tongue at me and I laughed.

She was now checking out some perfumes and I was lurking to the store when I saw a really shiny necklace. It was made of pearls and it had a purple ribbon in the middle. Let’s start shopping, shall we!

“Hey, what are you doing, bought something already?”

“I think I’ll buy her this.” I showed Claire a pair of dark blue earrings, they were the first thing that was next to me and the only thing I could grab.

“Oh, they’re cute. I think she’ll like them. Nice job Bri!”

“Thanks freckles!” Wow, that was some perfect timing.

We had lunch together on the way to my house and I explained her everything. We had to meet up at Matt’s at 3pm and he and Val would get there at 4pm. That would give us the time to get everything ready and hide until they arrived.

“Hey, Bri, can I ask you something?”

“Sure!”

“Michelle’s gonna be there, isn’t she?”

“Yes. Michelle and a bunch of other people… So…I just want to spend quality time with my friends, I don’t care about her.”

“Do you think she’ll talk to me?” God! I really hope she doesn’t.

“Honestly? No. But she will be jealous for sure.”

“She has no reason to be jealous. Right?”

I didn’t answer her question. I grabbed my phone and saw that was almost 3pm.

“We better get going.”

We grabbed the gifts to Marian and got there in moments. Zack and Jimmy were in the living room and we could see a big sign hanging there saying Happy birthday Marian.

“What’s up!”

“Hey Jimmy!” she hugged Jimmy and then she hugged Zacky.

“Do you need help on something?” I asked.

“Yeah, we could use some help on the food…” Zacky said, Rev started laughing.

“What happened?”

“Well my lovely Duracell bunny, apparently Mr. Vengeance there, thought he had some talent for baking, because his surname is Baker. And by the mess that he created in the kitchen, I can say that he’s chances on that business are null. We don’t need help with the food. We need help cleaning up the shit he made there!” We all laughed at Jimmy and got there to help. A lot of people were arriving at the house and suddenly I saw Michelle.

“Hey dude, the devil’s here.” Jimmy said.

“Yeah I saw.”

“Are you ok?” I looked at Claire and smiled. I leaned onto her and said

“I’m here with my best friends and with you. Of course I’m ok!”

“What the fuck is going on here!!!” we all looked behind us to find Johnny staring at us with a disapproval look on his face. “There’s no way I was the last one to know about this party!” we laughed in relief.

“You were only the last one to know because you were dead asleep the whole day, if you didn’t drink that much last night…” he had already a bear in his hand.

“Ok, ok, shut up now. Let’s fucking party!”

“Calm down Johnny boy, Val’s not here yet!” Jimmy said.

We were hiding when Matt and Val arrived and screamed happy birthday Marian! She was very touched by our surprise and hugged each and every one of us. When she saw Claire she freaked out and they hugged and cried together. I don’t know, some girly shit… Everyone gave her the gifts and she loved everything. We were having a lot of fun and I was glad Michelle didn’t talk to me or Claire. We danced, we laughed until me, Claire and the guys were the only ones at the house. We were playing around and I saw Claire going outside. This was perfect. I followed her and when I reached the pool she was sitting on the edge and had her feet on the water.

“Tired?”

“Oh, hi! Not tired, just thinking…”

“’Bout what?”

“You know, life.”

“Claire, umh, I have something for you…”

“What? It’s not my birthday…”

I chuckled and gave her the box with the pearl necklace.

“Oh God Brian!” I was afraid she didn’t like it. “I can’t accept this, it-it’s beautiful!”

“Just like you.”

She hugged me tight and I hugged her back I wish that we could be more than friends but right now she’s not ready and I’m not gonna push her. I’ll be the best friend she needs right now, and nothing else. I don’t want to ruin this. I won’t.