Status: active

Warmness on my soul

Best friends... not so much.

“Claire, umh, I have something for you…” He seemed very nervous.
“What? It’s not my birthday…”
He gave me a box and just by looking at it I knew that whatever it had inside it had been expensive. I opened it. . It was a necklace made of pearls and it had a purple ribbon in the middle. It was beautiful.
“Oh God Brian!” I started to get emotional. “I can’t accept this, it-it’s beautiful!”
“Just like you.” I started crying and hugged him. On that moment I wished I never left Huntington Beach and never left Brian. He really loved me after all this time. But I was so confused. I looked at him and pressed my forehead against his.
“I’m sorry…” I whispered.
“Don’t be. I’m very patient, freckles. And persistent. Now if you don’t mind.”
He stood up and carefully put the necklace around my neck.
“There. Right where it belongs.”
I never took the necklace off. Not even when I went to bed that night. It was like a part of him that was there to protect me. I fell asleep playing with the ribbon from the gift Brian gave me.
“Freckles? Freckles, wake up now. Freckles, don’t make me start jumping on the bed! Come on!”
I must be dreaming.
“Freckles?” I slowly opened my eyes to see Brian’s face very close to mine smiling like an idiot. “Finally you’re awake!”
“Brian?! What the fuck are you doing here?”
Suddenly we heard a noise from downstairs.
“Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaireeeee!!!” it was Tanya. We ran to see what happened. Me still on my pj’s. When I got there I couldn’t believe in what I was witnessing. The guys were all there with Jason. Zacky was chasing Johnny around the couch, Matt was throwing pillows at Johnny while he ran. And the worse part: Jimmy was holding onto the big chandelier we had in the living room ceiling while Jason tried to pull him down. Tanya was red of anger and she was kind of shaking. “Claire.” She was trying not to scream. “Get your retarded friends out of my house.” She was speaking very low and slowly. All of a sudden the chandelier fell down and Jimmy and Jason were on the floor laughing. This was what it took for Tanya to begin screaming.
“For fuck sake! They broke the fucking chandelier!!!”
The chandelier that earlier was on the ceiling was now divided in a lot of pieces on the floor.
“We’re so very sorry.” Jason said beginning to pick up the pieces.
Tanya made us all help her cleaning the mess and she couldn’t wait to see them out of the house.
“Hey! I found another piece of your chandelier.” Matt said picking up something behind the couch.
“Wow dude, that one looks expensive!” Jimmy said making us laugh. Tanya was still serious.
“Tanya, do you have something for us to eat? We’re starving!” Zacky asked.
“What?!!! You’re gonna get the fuck out of this house now!”
“But we came to give Claire a ride to work…”
“Ok, then wait outside motherfuckers.”
Brian stood behind me while the others left.
“You too! It’s not because you’re hot that you’re gonna stay here!”
“I’m hot too!”
“Would you go to the car already Jimmy?!”
Brian sighed and joined the guys outside.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t even know they were coming…”
“It’s not your fault… I’m gonna go to bed again, I’m tired after dealing with these babies…”
I got dressed and before I left I looked in the mirror and smiled seeing my shiny necklace. I went downstairs and I could hear already the music in Brian’s car outside. Brian was in the drivers seat while Zacky, Jimmy, Matt and Jason Berry were at the backseat.
“Where’s Johnny?” I asked confused.
“We had to make room for you freckles! He’s fine don’t worry…”
“Ok, but where is he?”
“He’s in the trunk, of course…” Shadows said and they started laughing.
“Poor Christ…” I said making them laugh more.
They left me at work making everybody on the street look at us because they’ve been listening to Metallica the whole ride with the speakers blaring.
Andrea started laughing at the scene and hugged me.
“Been having fun with boys, haven’t you?”
“More than I should…”
Recently thins were pretty bad at the coffee shop. We’ve been having way less costumers than we had a few weeks ago. Andrea was very scared that she would lost her job and I was too. At the end of the day I didn’t feel like walking so I texted Tanya.
“Can you pick me up?”
“Honey I can’t, I’ll spend the night at my FEYONCÉ’s house… ;) but why don’t you ask Brian? <3”
Maybe she was right.
“Can you pick me up from work?”
“I’ll be there in a minute! <3 ”
He really was there in a minute. That fast driving was worrying me. What if he had an accident? God!
“You shouldn’t drive that fast!”
“Aaawwww, look at my freckles, so adorable worrying about me!”
“Shut up! I’m serious.”
“Ok. You’re right. I promise I’ll drive safe from now on.”
“Promise?”
“Anything for you, freckles!”
During the ride he asked me some stuff from work and I happily answered him. He walked with me to the door.
“Did you really liked the gift?”
“Of course, silly! Don’t you see? I’m wearing it right now. It’s the best gift I ever got from a best friend.”
“Glad to know.”
Brian said this and hugged me with his face hiding in the crook of my neck.
“Bri, what’s wrong?”
“I just want to hug you. Forever.” He was facing me now and he looked very sad. I cupped his face with my hands.
“Brian! You’re scaring me! What’s wrong?”
He hugged me again and when we separated he took my hand and kissed it.
“Everything’s fine. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
I watched him leave and went inside. But I knew I wouldn’t be able to do anything until I was sure he was ok.
“Hello?”
“Brian? Are you ok?” I was hearing a lot of noise.
“Yeah, I’m fucking awesome!” he was drunk for sure and by the noise he was probably at a bar.
“You’re totally not fine… Tell me where you are, I’ll take you home.”
“I’m at Johnny’s bar. You’re not taking me home. I’m going to sit here and drink ‘till I’m shit faced drunk…”
I hang up on him and got out of the house to my car and drove to Johnny’s Bar. I saw his car when I arrived. I entered the bar and looked everywhere for him. I didn’t find him. Suddenly I saw him right at the back of the bar. He had a girl on his lap and his hands were on her waist. I didn’t need to see more. He saw me and ran after me. I was faster. That night when I got home I took off the necklace he gave me.