Hello There Sunshine

Chapter One

"Charlotte sweetie, take the pill." Holly said in a stern but soft voice.

"What's the point mom? Do you want me doped up on happy pills all my life? Huh? Cause either way, I won't be here. It honestly makes no difference."

"Sweetie, it does make a difference. It'll make you better. Soon enough you won't be sick anymore. Can't you see you have a family who will do anything for you?"

Family. According to dictionary.com a family contains a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children. Notice how parents are plural? Yeah, well in my case it’s not. You see my mom had me when she was sixteen. Back then there wasn’t an MTV show to glorify her pregnancy with me and how she managed. She got married before I was born because ‘that was the Christian thing to do.’ Whatever. I don’t believe in god, and that pisses her off. Anyways, back to the point, my dad was like your typical frat boy, douchebag, boyfriend. Yeah, I just compared him to your loser boyfriend. You probably think he loves you, and is loyal to you; when in reality he’s fucking anything that has a vagina. Sorry to be vulgar, but it’s true. You don’t believe me now, but you’ll find out through your best friend because she’ll feel guilty that she hooked up with your boyfriend and confess to you hoping you’ll forgive her. You won’t though. You’d rather cut that lying bitch out of your life and forgive your scumbag boyfriend. Any who, that was my parents’ situation; until my mom got pregnant and he took off. Typical right? He visits every now and then because he feels guilty; and that fucks with my emotions. Every five years or so, him and my mom will get back together and everything will be normal, that is if you consider your parents throwing raging parties normal.

You see, my mom is loaded. She had to work her ass off to support me, and she wanted to prove everybody wrong; she wanted to give me a better life. She is now the executive president of Sephora. Who would have thought? Mom who got pregnant at sixteen now runs Sephora. Yeah I know, right? But she’s still irresponsible as fuck; you’d think she would have learned her lesson. But where there’s money, there are drugs. And I’m not talking about weed, weed isn’t a drug anyways. I’m talking about the intense, expensive shit like acid, ecstasy, coke, shrooms, you get it. She’s always doing coke; it’s what keeps her going. But whenever that jackass shows up, she starts doing everything, and I mean everything.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Three Months Earlier

Well one night when my father was staying with us, they had thrown another party. In the morning I found them passed out, my mom on the couch, and my dad looked like he passed out in the middle of doing a line. I tried to wake him up, but I soon realized he wasn’t going to get up. I panicked. I couldn’t call the cops, because I didn’t want to be taken to social services. I’m still seventeen, I turn eighteen next week. Goddamn, couldn’t you wait until this happened after my birthday? Jesus Christ, even your death has fucked up my life. I know a week with a foster family or whatever they do with you isn’t that bad, but I believe it or not, I didn’t want this to screw up my mom’s reputation; she’s worked hard to get where she’s at.

I woke up my mom; she quickly realized what had happened. Neither of us knew what to do.