Status: Active :D

I'm Losing the Best of Me.

Old friend, why are you so shy?

Jack, as you know, works as a Lawyer. He had left the band and gone to University to learn about Law, that was what his parents had wanted him to do all along- after all, his dreams were over; Alex was gone.

Jack stood in front of his mirror as he fixed his black tie to fall in front of his white button up, he hated having to look so formal just to stand in front of a load of people who didn’t even dress half decent let alone wash their hair to come to a court trial.

After sliding into his black Range Rover and checking his hair for the last time he was driving down the motorway towards the huge office block that he worked at when he didn’t have a trial to get to and a clearly guilty defendant to stick up for. He didn’t particularly hate his job he just didn’t see why people didn’t get a stamp to the head saying ‘GUILTY’ when they had quite obviously killed their next door neighbour. His job was fucked up.

When he walked into work he was surrounded by the new interns who were trying to get to where he was now, they offered him coffee and all that sort of thing but he only politely rejected them with a shake of his head.

“Jack? Come over here!” called over his assistant, who was shuffling through a pile of papers.

Jack nodded a little, glad for some work finally to keep himself distracted from all the
problems going on at home. He sent Chris a smile before he walked over and leant his palms flat against the table and raising an eyebrow at him waiting for everything to be explained and the case.

“Do we have any divorce lawyers that aren’t already well- in use?” asked the man, raising a brow slightly.

Jack frowned a little and took the list of their divorce lawyers and scanned through it seeing an ‘x’ near most names which symbolised they were ‘in use’.

“No… But you do divorce problems right?” he asked almost unsure about the abilities of his assistant.

“No. That was the other one. I thought you did?”

“What’s their name?” he mumbled almost defeated by Chris.

He watched as the assistant looked through the folders for the new divorce sheet that had obviously been planted in the night before, the night that he had sliced another line into his wrist. He shivered at the thought and looked down slightly.

“Gaskarth… Alex Gaskarth,” Chris said looking up and passing the bit of paper towards Jack with a raised eyebrow at the sudden frown that had creased his skin.

“I-I… I can’t-t… I can’t do it-t…” he stuttered stumbling back a little shaking his head; it had been six fucking years… he planned to keep it that way.

“Why not?” scrutinised the younger man raising a thin eyebrow at his boss’ weird behaviour, he wondered what was wrong with the name ‘Gaskarth’ or he was OCD and just hated weird names like that- though he knew Jack was nowhere near OCD, he was fucking messy and that was a pure ass fact.

“I… I just can’t okay- please don’t make me do it, Chris!” he said shakily.

“Give me a proper reason not to?”

Jack swallowed his pride and frowned a little sitting back on the desk and looking to his fingers, “We were in the band together- things didn’t end well. It’s been six years I’d rather not see him again. Is that good enough?” he snarled, teeth nipping over his lips.

Chris nodded shortly, burying his concentration to find another divorce lawyer for said Gaskarth. He knew that the band had broken up- but he had no idea why, nor did he plan to ask considering Jacks reaction to his name.
-
Alex Gaskarth, this is what you have all been waiting for, right? What’s it gonna be for him? Several suicide attempts? Cuts? Alcoholic? Whore? No, he’s none of those things well- in fact; there is nothing wrong with him, not like that anyway. It’s not /drastic/. Not like the three boys.

He was just having a bad /married life/, with Lisa getting constantly whiney and grabby, she did not understand when to simply ‘fuck off’, she never took a hint. They were married- she figured she didn’t need to.

It was last night that Alex had decided he wanted a divorce. He couldn’t handle Lisa and it was bugging him about how clingy she was when she was clearly having sex with other men- he didn’t care, it was over a long time ago.

/Last Night/.
Alex pushed his bangs from his eyes and he stared down to the stories he had to mark which his Grade Seven class had written for him. He had needed something to distract him

from his terrible home life and the lack of best friend’s in his life.

His eyes scanned over one of the titles which read ‘Me and My Unicorn’ he groaned inwardly and started the story with his eyes flicking over the page, it read:

One day I went out with a unicorn we bought a pony and it was fun.

That was it.

Alex groaned a little and statured going through it to fix the lack of punctuation, he hated his job. He wrote a comment at the bottom of the page which read:

‘Not good enough need to work on your punctuation and all of it general. Level 2.’

He felt hands on his shoulders, their thumbs rolling against his shoulder blades as they started to give him a massage. He wasn’t in the mood, he didn’t need this and it was simply pissing him off- he had work to do.

“Lisa…” he mumbled giving a little shake of his head as he pushed his bangs from his eyes again, it was an awful habit- Jack had given it to him. He winced at the memory of Jack, his ex best friend- he missed him so much.

“What, Lex?! Why can’t I? We’re married!” she pulled her hands back almost immediately as she pouted and crossed her arms over her small chest, an eyebrow cocked critically, “I knew you were cheating on me!”

Alex groaned and shook his head giving her a slight eye roll “Sorry- but aren’t you the one constantly cheating on me? Huh?” he growled standing up as he looked down to his pathetic looking wife.

“Bull shit! Why would I want to cheat?”

Alex laughed bitterly, “What about that time when you bought a guy home and kissed him right in front of me? The next morning you used the excuse ‘Oh, I was a bit drunk’ and you didn’t even have a fucking head ache!” he took a deep breath “And now you’re trying to get pregnant, I mean, what the fuck Lisa!”

“People start families with the ones they love,” she snarled, lips curling over her teeth in a sinister sort of way as she eyed her husband.

“We haven’t loved each other for ages now!” he complained, his voice a low growl now as he spoke to her, giving her a dirty look.

“Divorce me then.”

“Fine- I will. I’ll go right now and sort out the papers- this is my house also, so when it’s over, you’re fucking out and you will not come back, got it?”

She looked mortified- she didn’t think he would actually do it. She frowned a little but nodded, one hand raising and slapping one across his right cheek before she pranced off upstairs to ‘cry’ though she was really calling her FWB for something more- help her get over Alex.

She had always hated the name ‘Lisa Gaskarth’.
-
So, that’s what is going on with Alex and Lisa. Did you expect it to be happy families? No. Good, then you weren’t surprised then, were you? So all of them are screwed up and all of them need each other back. But it’s easier said than done when Jack refuses to see Alex again.
-

“Jack- you’re gonna have to do the case, there’s nobody else who can do it. I’m sorry man,” Chris told Jack who suddenly looked white and gripped onto the desk top.

“Fine- but if he ends up murdered, you’re my lawyer.”

Chris laughed a little and nodded for his friend to leave now, he was still looking pale when he strutted out wiggling his hips a little making his grey blazer fall down his shoulders a little. Chris shook his head with a fond smile before sitting back into his seat and pressing the little internet icon, he let it load for a few seconds before it came up with Google his fingers absently tapped in ‘Jack Barakat and Alex Gaskarth’ before hitting enter.
What he saw shocked him- he knew they had been in a band together but he hadn’t expected them to be this close. He saw pictures of them holding hands, cuddling, kissing each other’s cheeks on stage, middle fingers at each other and so much more of what he had not expected. He didn’t think they would be that close- considering how Jack had look at the mention of Alex’s name. Something bad must have happened.

Next he went onto YouTube, his fingers tapping in the word’s ‘All Time Low’ the top five songs that showed up were called:

Lullabies, Running From Lions, The Girls a Straight up Hustler, Coffee Shop Soundtrack and Jasey Rae.

He clicked on Jasey Rae and listened as the sound of guitar filled his ears then the sound of a perfect voice, he smiled a little and leant against his palm as his eyes scanned through the ‘related videos’ section eyes landing on one called Sick Little Games. He would listen to them next, he decided.

His eyes turned back to the video as an underwear shoot played where he saw Jack laying at the front, blond streaks splashed in his fringe whilst he ate his banana, the other guys all sitting behind him eating there’s. He smiled a little and listened to the rest of the song.
He searched more pictures as Sick Little Games played around him, he saw some pictures of twitter posts by the two of them then some photo shoot pictures such as ones like:

Alex and Jack were holding bits of paper, Alex’s read ‘I CREATE MEMORIES, I LOVE LIFE!’
Whilst Jack’s read ‘I CREATE BABIES, I LOVE BOOBIES’, this made Chris laugh a little since
he knew that was the truth- Jack was like that out of work.

“What the fuck?! Why are you listening to that? Why are you looking at them!” came a growl and a sort of panicked voice from the edge of the room, he looked over seeing a frowning Jack.

“I-I…”

“Save it.”
-
Rian walked around their apartment picking up the discarded boxers and jeans and chucking them into the laundry room with a whole load of other shit. He needed to keep himself distracted from reaching for the weed Caleb had left for him to smoke. He’d been out.

He grabbed another handful of clothes and felt a sharp prick against his fingers; shrugging it off he lobbed the clothes into the room too.

“Ri- Rian?” came a croak of which he remembered as Zack’s voice, he was sober again after collapsing into the apartment the night before.

“Yeah?”

“Jack texted me…” came a soft reply from the tall man who was grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, ignoring the raised eyebrow from his friend.

“So?” Rian queried.

“Said he had to be a divorce lawyer for Alex…”

“Oh.”

old friend why are you so shy?
ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this one, I think it's quite good- maybe some improovements but I wanted some Alex and Lisa in there so you got a feel for their relationship.
and Chris, there needed to be more of him so I thought it was a good idea :D
please comment!!