Status: Active :D

I'm Losing the Best of Me.

Get a Grip.

“You’re kidding right- are you even sober yet?” Rian said raising his eyebrow at his friend, hoping that he was still tipsy from the night before when he had been totally hammered.

“No- Dammit Rian, you know I sober up fucking fast…” grumbled the taller boy with a slight eye roll to his friend, “Anyway, why the fuck would I like about serious shit like this?”

“True- let’s see the text. God, Jack’s gonna be so fucking hung up about this…” Rian trailed off holding a hand out for Zack to place his Blackberry Curve, which was covered in Duct Tape to keep the back on and the glass was chipped- Rian rolled his eyes at the awful state of his friend’s phone before glancing down to the text that was in purple writing.

‘Oh my fucking god. I have to be a divorce lawyer for… Alex and Lisa. I think I am going to die >.<’

Rian tossed the phone back to his friend who caught it in his cupped hands. Rian was pacing the room again biting onto his thumb nail as he thought about how fucking bad this really is. Not only is it Alex and Lisa but it’s also Jack that has to handle it and Rian knew he had taken it all the worst when Alex had told the whole bus.

“He’s back late too, he’s coming home at 6- I think he’s going to see Holly or something like that, wants to see if she’s okay,” added Zack hastily as he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, thumb clicking off the cap before pressing the bottle to his mouth and gulping down some of the water.

“What’s wrong with Holly?” frowned the shorter man, glancing to the bag of weed stashed behind a few cushions.

“No idea- apparently she’s sick, ‘she can’t cope’ Jack said.”

“Right.”
-
Jack was currently sitting at his desk with a frown on his face; he didn’t want to help with their divorce. Heck he wanted nothing to do with the two Gaskarth’s, one of which who he thought had been his best friend. He looked down to his thumbs and twisted them together slightly trying to distract himself from that itch under his skin.

He was beyond upset that Chris had been looking at his old band’s stuff. He figured he had a human right to, but Jack just wasn’t in the mood to hear Alex’s voice; to see Alex’s pictures; to see how close they were; to see anything Alex related.

He pushed his bangs from his eyes and let out a little sigh, he couldn’t believe how fucking unlucky this was for him to get the Alex Gaskarth divorce case. He had seriously fucking hoped that Chris did divorce shit- maybe he was a secret spy sent from Alex to get them talking again…maybe. But most likely, it’s Jack being a dumb shit; more likely.

He looked into the folders; they stated the reasons why they were getting a divorce from both of them. This should be interesting, Jack thought as he pulled out the couple of papers, immediately recognising Alex’s un-neat writing, the complete opposite to Lisa’s curly writing in pink.

Name: Lisa Noel Gaskarth
Age: 29
Reason’s as to why you wish to divorce: I do not want to. My husband says he wants a divorce with me because I am, I quote, ‘A cheater who needs to get her priorities straight’. I also think that he is being stupid wanting to divorce me, but then again-
Jack stopped reading and put a little note in red writing that read:

‘Not a proper reason- this is not a chance to insult your husband but to identify the very meaning as to why you are splitting in the first place.’ He hated sounding so official, but it just looks better on this type of thing as to ‘Stop being a whiny bitch, I bet you’re a cheating slut who needs a life anyway.” Right?

Then the next sheet, which was Alex’s. He ruffled the other sheets down and put them into the folder labelled ‘GASKARTH’ his eyes looked to the top of the slightly yellow bit of paper. It was typical Alex, there were little doodles over the document, and it made Jack smile a little.

Name: Alexander William Gaskarth
Age: 30
Reason’s as to why you wish to divorce: I wish to divorce my current wife because I have realized we are not in love, and have been that way for a while now. We constantly argue about shit that isn’t even important, and it’s overall just not working out.
Current Job: Teacher
Any Past Jobs?: Singer/guitarist
Phone Number: 678945
Signature: A.w.g

Jack sighed and looked down giving it a small tick in the corner. It was his turn now, he had to call them and organise a meeting so he could tell them exactly what was going to happen during the 6 months that it took to divorce someone and where the two of them would be accommodated and so on.

Jack hoped and fucking prayed to God that Chris would call them; he thinks he would collapse if he was told to talk to Alex and Lisa after six fucking years. He didn’t think he could handle it. No- he was certain – he couldn’t.
-

“I did it then- we’ll go along with your stupid divorce idea and then when you realise I’m all you’ll ever need- I won’t come crawling back to you. Ever again, Gaskarth!” snapped Lisa from the kitchen as she poured out a glass of Vodka with a bit of lime in the top of the win glass that they had got for their wedding.

“Whatever, Lisa- you brought it on yourself!” growled the man, taking a sip of his beer as he leant against the door frame of the kitchen, looking over to his blond wife with an amused smirk on his face, “anyway, you’ll be the crawling back, Lisa. I saw your sheet.”

She scoffed a little turning around to her husband as she drank a bit of the vodka, he lipstick smudging against the glass –“bull shit.”

Alex shrugged a little and smirked as he pushed his bans from his eyes, one hand pulling up his grey sweatpants to sit on his bare hips, he still had that tattoo the one which was a tiny letter ‘J’ scripted into his skin on his left hip bone, he had gotten that with Jack who had got a small ‘A’ on his right hip bone- they had been best friends.

“Why did you never get an ‘L’ tattooed on your… ass?” Lisa questioned with a scowl as she glared down to the little J, she had always hated it ever since had had gotten it seven years ago.

“Cos, I don’t want my ass scarred for life!” retorted Alex as he walked back to the living room.

“You fuc—“

He voice was cut off by shrill beeps from the house phone, Alex smirked a little at the fact that she was interrupted from insulting him more and more about something he honestly did not give a fuck about. His hand grabbed the wireless phone speaking into it.

“Hello?”

Alex heard a slight shuffle from the phone before hearing a voice saying “Hello- we’re the people who are doing your divorce case?” a voice, a sing song sort of voice, says through the phone “I’m Christofer, and Jack is also going to be helping with the case.”

Jack admittedly was sitting there as Chris held the phone on his desk, it set to loud speaker as he waited for Alex’s reply. Jack had ended up whining to Christofer about how unfair it was for him to be put in this sort of situation and he had somehow persuaded the 26 old to help with the case; he only agreed because it would look good on his portfolio when he went to get new jobs.

“Oh cool- I’m Alex!” he stated the obvious, making Jack snicker into his hands.

“So basically, I’m gonna let Jack run through everything that is going to happen during the six month period of the divorce trial, okay?” Christofer asked, smirking at an annoyed looking Jack.

Alex was worried—was it his Jack? Most likely it won’t be, Jack had never been the smart one and there was possibly going to be hundreds upon thousands of Jack’s in LA, right? “O-Okay,” Damn, he thought, stop fucking stuttering.

Jack sent a deaf glare towards Christofer before he smiled a sarcastic smile and said “I’m Jack- Hey. So basically, let me run through the stuff that will happen during the time, you might want to write this down?” he was putting on an English accent, admittedly he was okay at it because Alex had a slight English accent.

“Nice accent,” the younger mouthed, as he pushed back his long brown bangs from his eyes.

“O-okay… give me a minute, please…” the man replies, putting the receiver down and grabbing one of his notebook and a pen from the kitchen table (getting a glare from Lisa in doing so).

Jack and Christofer were talking quietly to each other, about how Jack had to go see a friend about something—though Christofer was being stubborn and not letting him leave because he knew that this was all bull shit. He had nowhere to go; he was just trying to avoid this possibly awkward meeting through phone.

“Uh—I’m back!” Alex’s voice cracked the mini argument from getting to full on yelling to each other.

Jack swallowed a little, tapping his thighs with his index fingers in some sort of awful tune that was there to keep him distracted from genuinely breaking down.

“Okay—so basically, the two of you are going to have to come into my office on Monday morning, so we can talk about everything in more detail. The two of you will have to decide who gets the house and the belongings-“ Jack coughed a little into his hand, sleeve sliding up a little –“and who gets custody over children, pets and so on.”

“We don’t have pets and kids; does that make it easier?”

“Makes your no fault divorce easier, yes. Basically- whoever generally bought everything will get it all but it depends on who bought what, of course you could always do the sharing thing and so on, so forth,” Jack continued, pushing his bangs back in relief that they didn’t have a kid and probably won’t anytime soon.

“And the whole divorce thing means that it would be best not to try to conceive a child- because of the current situation,” added Christofer also pushing back his bangs with a heave of a sigh wanting to go home and open a bottle of beer and watch a recorded football game that his girlfriend had left for him after he had missed the game.

“Okay, what time and what room on Monday morning- and you want the both of us, yeah?” asked Alex as he scribbled down this Jack character with the dodgy accent had just told him about.

“About 9:30 am, on floor 6, room 70, okay?” Christofer said into the receiver, wanting this to hurry up.

“Sure—thanks! Anything else… or?”

“We will have to give you our phone numbers in case you want to know anything whilst we’re not in work or doing another project,” Jack said softly, not planning to give away his work phone number as much as his mobile phone’s number.

“Okay, what are they?”

Jack said his work one, after a little pout at Christofer who had just rolled his eyes and pointed to the phone and mouthed “Come on, douche bag.”

Once their numbers were given Alex said his goodbyes and hung up the phone, eyes glancing down to the page of notes full of information on the divorce, then the numbers scribbled in at the bottom. Admittedly he had been shaky during writing the name ‘Jack’, but it was scrawled there with the digits of the lawyers work’s phone.

Damn. What if it is Jack- his ex best friend, the one who still should be his best friend. It couldn’t be though, he would recognise Jack’s voice in an instant and that was fucking fact, you can’t just forget your best friends’ voice even after six years. He just knew he would be able to but there was something dodgy about that supposed English accent… though there was something recognisable about the awful attempt at the accent….

No- it couldn’t be, could it?

No.
-

“I’m home,” Jack announced slipping from his blazer and chucking it down onto the head of Zack who was chugging down the liquid from a brown bottle.

“Congrat’s man!” sarcasm slipped out of Zack’s mouth as he pulled the blazer off and lobbed it towards the other sofa where Rian slept next to the dark blue candle which Jack had got him the year before for his birthday.

“Where’s Ri?” Jack asked, not caring about Zack’s sarcasm as he grabbed the carton of milk from the fridge downing some into his throat, though the bottle had bold permanent marker on clearly stating ‘DO NOT DRINK FROM THE FUCKING CARTON. I DON’T FUCKING WANT HERPES. – Rian <3’ so sweet.

“He went out with Caleb about an hour ago, you know, the weird ginger kid that he always hangs out with- yeah? Yeah.” Replied Zack, putting down the brown bottle with a slight chink against the dark wooden table.

“Caleb? Oh right… I just needed to talk to him, warn him about the herpes in the milk.”

“You have herpes?”

“Yup- blame Chris, he was quite sexy when we were in a closet. God, I love the parents of Christofer Drew for having sex and having such a fucking hot child…” Jack moaned, before starting to laugh a little to show he was kidding.

“Oh God, Jack- please don’t jack off right here…” groaned Zack, letting out a laugh and lobbing a pillow towards Jack’s lanky figure who slammed his arm up to hit the pillow back. He smiled a little as he walked towards his room- “Don’t get too wasted.”

Jack walked into his room and stripped off his shirt and trousers as he walked to pull on a pair of grey sweats from his drawer (the same drawer that held his razor, might I add). He slipped into the grey sweat pants, fingers prying out the little razor.

He looked at it and smirked a little bit, he held his wrist out and looked down the previous scars he noticed there wasn’t much to the little cuts and he wanted to add more to the abstract artwork that scribbled over his skin.

He licked his lips a little and let the metal strike against his forearm, a sickly smile pouring over his lips as the blood bubbled through the thin layers on and let the metal strike against his forearm, a sickly smile pouring over his lips as the blood bubbled through the thin layers and on he continued until his arm was filled with tones of sickening slices in his skin.

Perfect.

Life was fucking dandy.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited.
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I'd hoped you'd see my face & that you'd be reminded,

That for me, it isn't over.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really think this chapter is good- sorry for any mistakes and stuff! It took a while to write but I want to update this story enough for all of you lovelies.
Christofer:http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/imunderurbed/default/christofer-drew-ingle-never-shout--large-msg-13110974693.jpg
Caleb: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3115/3529395066_d8e822f9a4.jpg
Holly:http://www.hair-style-salon.org/images/holly-madison-1.jpg
Lisa: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqszg1dLCz1qa0w1qo1_500.jpg
Jack: http://favim.com/orig/201108/22/all-time-low-cute-jack-barakat-jack-bassam-barakat-Favim.com-128089.jpg
Alex: http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/1/3/7/6/4/7/6/1/orig-13764761.jpg
Zack:http://net.archbold.k12.oh.us/ahs/web_class/Spring_10/alltimelow_gobrogge/images/zack1.png
Rian: http://img.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/1/7/2/3/9/0/2/1/orig-17239021.jpg

UHM.
I wanted to search pictures. Cos. I'm bored as fuck.
I'm gonna start the next chapter!!

oh and title's credit to All Time Low - Stay awake